Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 2,131

ralphdibny

@colonelkilgore just cause 3 was a surprise hit for me. Played it as part of PS Plus and absolutely loved it considering I wasn't expecting much!!

I was a bit gutted I couldn't compel myself to buy the DLC for it since I didn't actually own the main game. Maybe there will be time for it in future, maybe

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

colonelkilgore

@ralphdibny yeah it’s blown me away tbh… I remember enjoying it when I tried it a few years back but on returning to it I’ve enjoyed it even more. This might well be recently-bias (actually it almost definitely is) but right now it’s up there in my top 10 games of the generation.

**** DLC!

Mr_B021

@nessisonett It’s Ghostrunner, Star Wars Squadrons, Mad Max or Rime for me. Can you add Days Gone and Control for the next round of votes?

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

nessisonett

@Mr_B021 Days Gone is way too long for this semi-monthly format but Control’s a good suggestion! Depending on how long we take to play the next game, we might have a little time before Halloween that I can add it in to the voting. Resident Evil 3 probably won’t take too long but it’s set for Halloween.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@ralphdibny @RogerRoger @phil_j @crimsontadpoles @Ralizah @Th3solution @Thrillho @mookysam @LieutenantFatman @LobsterJohnson @Tjuz @Kidfried @Octane @Col_McCafferty @DerMeister @Mr_B021 @Fight_Teza_Fight @R1spam @TraCuz- @Keith_Zissou

By my count, Streets of Rage 4 has the lead by a couple of votes and so no need for tiebreakers, that will be our game for the foreseeable. I honestly doubt it’ll take us a whole month so since Bioshock 2, Sonic Mania and Rime were joint runners up, we could probably get through one of those as well!

Probably best just to get underway, if you at least boot the game and try a little by the weekend then we can find our bearings!

TraCuz-

I gotta say Adam and Blaze are probably my favorite characters to play as, and Cherry having more mobility really makes her feel unique. Any of you get the DLC? Is it any good?

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

nessisonett

I’ve beaten the first level as Axel, forgot how fun these games were. I love the special move system of it draining health but you can earn it back if you don’t get hit. Proper good fun.

nessisonett

I’ve now played like more than half the game, it’s very addictive! Onto Y Tower, where I got yeeted out a window approximately 30 times and lost all my lives. Quit there instead of trying again so I’ll go back to it tomorrow 😂

nessisonett

And…. I’ve beaten the game with Axel on normal. That final level is borderline unfair but somehow got there. It’s a really good game, just with a couple annoying things like trying to line yourself up with enemies and them hitting you on the first frame etc. Took me long enough to figure out you can do an uppercut if you double tap left/right and punch. Which is insanely useful in combos etc. Think I’ll play as Cherry next!

ralphdibny

@nessisonett blimmin' hell that was quick!! I wonder what constitutes the replay value in this game. I heard there are retro levels you can unlock or something.

I beat the first 3 games earlier this year and I can't say I have any desire to go back to play them again. Especially 3. That was my first time actually playing the third one too.

I'm probably going to play as Blaze in this one again, she's been my go to character in the other games

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny You have a lifetime score thing that unlocks more and more characters and stuff. You can also unlock alternate moves for each character. There’s boss rush, arcade mode and higher difficulties. So I’ll probably play the other characters on different difficulties and maybe in arcade mode.

nessisonett

@Keith_Zissou The dojo stage is a good one, the different weapons scattered mean you can line up a load of enemies at once. That boss is probably one of the best ones too. I managed to beat the first two levels on Mania difficulty for the trophy and it really is very very hard. The increased number of enemies mean that it’s actually really fun though. There’s less downtime between fights and your combo increases way quicker.

mookysam

A month late, but I finally finished Doom Eternal, yay! I enjoyed a lot, but not quite as much as Doom 2016, which I found to be a tighter experience. The combat is excellent and arguably the highlight, presenting a challenge for me even on the easiest difficulty. It's fast, visceral and satisfying, and you absolutely cannot stay still. The arsenal at your disposal and large number of options in combat helps keep it interesting. It's a real visual treat on the PS5, too. I enjoyed the game more with headphones off, as the music was starting to do my head in with them on, but I actually liked hearing the sounds and dialogue from the controller.

I found I grasped the story much more towards the end, but the way it was presented made it far more complicated than it needed to be. The large amounts of lore found in almost impenetrable text logs gave context to some of the cutscenes, but why not just have the plot clearer in the first place? The platforming is a bit unnecessary, although I rather enjoyed climbing up walls. By far my biggest criticism is the absolutely minuscule text. Subtitles can be increased, but everything else on the UI and info pop-ups is tiny. Oh, and the penultimate boss fight against Khan Maykr got on my nerves because she was frequently too high in the air to use the meat hook.

Now that's complete, I'll start Streets of Rage 4. I've only played a bit of the second one, and am not too familiar with side-scrolling beat-em-ups.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@mookysam Hooray, you got there in the end! I pretty much agree with everything you’ve said there, especially the tiny UI and the game actually being better without headphones. VEGA speaking out the controller never got old, the audio quality is so much better than the Dualshock 4.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett ahh interest, I'll have to see how it goes after my first run. Im a stickler for unlockables but I normally can't stand replaying a game over and over again. We shall see!

@mookysam ahh nice one, well done!! I was wondering when we might hear your final thoughts on it! I think I agree that Doom 16 had tighter combat but then I think that Doom Eternal got pretty tight toward the end, maybe it just took me longer to adjust to it. I think I preferred Doom Eternal in the end, it was just far more barmy and I am a sucker for expanded universes/multiverses 😅

See ya!

ralphdibny

I'm working my way through SoR 4 at the moment. I'm on like level 4 or 5 I think. Just about to use my second continue 😭. Playing as Blaze and I've yet to add any assists.

I managed to find one retro boss so far. I didn't know how to activate the arcade machine on the first one but I did it on the second one I found. You have to hit the arcade machine with a dropped taser, which means not picking it up during the fight and accidentally using it because it breaks after one use.

I do very much like the game so far. I love the music and I actually really love the art style. I wasn't sold when it was first announced but I guess I grew accustomed to it in the year or so between release and me actually playing the game.

Just playing it on Switch with a pro controller at the moment. I might try it with a Bluetooth Saturn or Mega Drive controller if I do a second run. Just wanted to suss out the buttons first.

I think I felt a bit down about this game for a while because I bought the LRG classic edition. I held on to my pre order despite a local retail release being announced because I thought the mega drive case looked cool. It doesn't, it's huge and way bigger than a normal mega drive case so it's just a bit pointless really. I guess the reversible mega drive art is cool but it comes with a cardboard sleeve so it's not like you can see the mega drive art on your shelf anyway. Unless you took the sleeve off but where the hell would you store it

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

Have we done The Frozen Wilds dlc for Horizon Zero Dawn yet? With release date of the sequel confirmed and the 60fps patch on PS5, I thought it would be a good time to jump in. I just hope my game saves can be carried over from the regular edition. Sorry if I **** the bed on this! 😂

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KilloWertz

@JohnnyShoulder While you can't carry over your game saves from PS4 to PS5 for Mass Effect Legendary Edition for no good reason since it's just a PS4 collection, I don't see why you couldn't for Horizon Zero Dawn since it's still the PS4 version with the frame rate unlocked.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

JohnnyShoulder

@KilloWertz Yeah I believe it is different for each one. Don't think you could with The Witcher 3 regular edition and the GOTY edition. Actually might try the DLC for that too when the PS5 version is out.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, we did it like two months ago 😂😂

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic