Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 2,131

R1spam

@colonelkilgore @Roger@Roger when I read the difficulty description it referred as being back to the original difficulty and assumed they didn't have multiple checkpoints but have just looked it up and it seems they have added these in 🙈 maybe it's just health, damage and police aggression/triggering.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore That's where I'd have faltered, the stop-start time sinks. It was so well-paced and immersive that the reminders that I was actually playing a videogame would've frustrated me if they became more frequent. I died enough as it is, thanks!

@R1spam Well, if you enjoy it enough, then you might be able to do what some of the other folks are doing this month, and return to it for a Classic playthrough and subsequent platinum?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

I swear I’ll be starting this soon, I just have 110GB of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey that I really need to get rid of and I only have the two DLC episodes left!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger it's funny, I've barely noticed any red lights. There's been a couple though. I have been driving very conservatively because I am aware of the Draconian rules but I think I am being more conservative than I need to be and I'm not really familar with the 1930s New York Highway Code lol.

I've been driving over tram lines because we can do that here (at least in the towns I've been to that have trams). I can barely see any give way road markings and it seems a bit random whether the AI cars give way at all anyway to be honest! Driving on the right hand side of the road is throwing me off a bit.

I'm on the bit where you have to sabotage the race car and it's really tough to get it back to the race track in time. I think the race will be the next thing to do or at least very soon.

@R1spam I was going to say that about checkpoints as I discovered it today but seems like you've found it out already! I've just been transported back to the beginning of the segment on failure rather than the beginning of the whole chapter.

See ya!

crimsontadpoles

I've finally made a start on Mafia, and picked Classic difficulty. I also picked Manual gear transmission just for the fun of it.

So far, it's pretty good. I did the first 3 chapters as they were fairly short. I'm enjoying the 1930s gangster setting, and look forward to seeing how the story unfolds.

It didn't take long to suffer from a glitch though. Hopefully it's just a fluke, and not a sign of things to come.

JohnnyShoulder

@crimsontadpoles Almost looked like you were playing Bioshock Infinite for a moment there!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

R1spam

@ralphdibny I think I'm just still scarred from a recent playthrough of gta4 with no checkpoints! How did you get on with the race? I played on normal and was OK but it seems like it might be brutal on classic.
@RogerRoger I'm really enjoying the game but very rarely replay anything. I'm not a trophy hunter at all. I really like when a set of trophies encourages you to play the game differently or use game systems you might not have otherwise used.

Edited on by R1spam

ralphdibny

@R1spam ahh haven't done the race yet 🙈. Probably won't get time to crack on with it until the weekend/early next week now.

GTA 4 with no checkpoints! That sounds really hard. I don't think I ever finished that game in the end. Same with V actually. Despite owning both games twice on different consoles 😅. My favourite is GTA 2 and I generally prefer the top down ones, the change to 3D was too much of a shock to my system lol. I have finished Red Dead Redemption (PS3) though

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Oh wow, you're driving properly, are you? I drive like a freakin' maniac in games, even when I'm not supposed to be. I cut corners, mount the curb, tram lines be damned (although I did have a slight wobble with them, after I once rode my bike across tram lines like an idiot, and the obvious occurred). It means I get to hear the funny remarks from my passengers. They don't like my skills. At all.

@crimsontadpoles That's spectacular, thanks for sharing! Do be warned of that loud jumpscare audio glitch I mentioned earlier, that might be coming for you later on. That one isn't as fun.

@R1spam Ah, fair enough. I'm kinda the same way towards trophies, in some respects. I have to look at a trophy list and really want the platinum, or at least think it achievable whilst I'm still enjoying said game. I replay stuff all the time but yeah, many games on my profile will forever be stuck on 40% or 60% trophies because I don't wanna damage my enjoyment of any given experience.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

crimsontadpoles

I did the race. It was very tricky on Classic with Manual transmission, but I was determined to do this notorious challenge. Probably took me about a couple of hours worth of attempts, but I having so much fun that I lost track of time. It was quite additive, as I kept wanting to do one more attempt.

@R1spam I haven't noticed checkpointing being that bad on Classical. Checkpoints seem to be fairly frequent. I've failed a lot, and it always just puts put me back to the start of the current objective. It hasn't made me repeat any long drives or anything.

@RogerRoger Thanks for the audio glitch warning, I'll bear that in mind once I get to Great Deal chapter. As I tend to use headphones when playing late in the evening, I'll turn down the volume there to avoid my eardrums getting blown out.

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles Congrats on clearing the race and yeah, I hope people aren't caught out by that audio glitch, because it wasn't pleasant in the slightest.

I made a GIF of my funny invisible man glitch. This one was funny!

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@crimsontadpoles @RogerRoger I actually had a glitch in an early cutscene of the game. I feel like I've seen it before though so it must have either happened in the original (unlikely?) Or a similar glitch has happened in another game (more likely)

But one of the two mafiosos that you drive around at the beginning that show you into the compound. One of them had black marks all over their face and I kind of just thought that he had a lot of birthmarks or something. But then I actually saw through one of these marks to the other side of his face. I guess two marks on either side of his face lined up exactly and allowed me to see through it. But yeah, it was just bits of his face missing!!

Manual transmission though! I think that might just be too realistic for me 😅

See ya!

R1spam

Well I've just seen the credits role, I really enjoyed the writing! Won't post spoilers, even with tags just now but combined with good voice acting it hit me in the feels in the end. I came across a few bugs, one in particular when I was meant to "whack" someone in another crew and instead of running away they got stuck in the back of a cafe. I emptied a whole tommy gun clip into their head, blood flying everywhere, the guy just kept on standing. When I reloaded the check point there was like 15 mins of elaborate chase sequence after where I caught up with the guy the first time!

ralphdibny

Woohoo! Just about managed to photo finish the race on classic mode. Took a couple hours to get it down. I made heavy use of the ramming manoeuvre to take corners tightly and also I took a lot of shortcuts across grass and through hay bales. I had the car in second place hooked on my back wheel as I crossed the finish line!

When I was looking up tips for beating the race, it actually sounds like this definitive edition is a bit different than the original in more ways than I thought. A Wikia page was saying that the driver switch happens over the phone while you are at the compound in the original but in this one it takes place whole your gassing with the boys at the track and the consigliere informs you in person

@R1spam well done on beating the game! Sounds like you enjoyed it for the most part. Much gratitude for not posting spoilers. I'm hoping to take my first few steps past and finally progress further than the point I've been stuck on for the last 19 years 😅.

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

crimsontadpoles

I've been playing some more, and completed the chapter The Saint and The Sinner. That was a very tough one on Classic difficulty, and took me a lot of retrying from checkpoints. Enemies deal a lot of damage, and are very accurate with their shots. Plus I don't play a lot of shooters, so I'm probably not as good at gunfights as other players. But overall it was satisfying to complete it.

nessisonett

Finally started playing since I’ve polished off AC Odyssey. Playing in Noir Mode which looks incredible! I watched my mum play in colour so thought I’d see what it was like in black and white.

nessisonett

I can’t get over how much Tommy sounds like the frog from Meet the Robinsons.
Untitled

ralphdibny

I think I'm over half way through. One level really sucked on classic difficulty where you have to shoot a turret on a moving vehicle while in the back of another moving vehicle. I'm not sure if it was harder than the race but you could sort of learn the race so that was OK in the end.

I haven't changed difficulty but I ended up using the aim assist setting. It's legitimate and apparently doesn't affect trophies but I still feel like a cheat. Not sure if I should leave it on for the rest of the game. I feel like once you've sipped the devil's liquor, you may as well drink the whole bottle.

See ya!

nessisonett

Beat the race on Classic after about half an hour’s worth of trying. Had to put the colour back on just for the race as it was a bit harder in noir mode. Onto chapter 8 now. This horrific fail I had on the final straight of the race is too good not to share though.
Untitled

Edited on by nessisonett

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic