Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 2,131

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Ouch! I feel for you there, buddy. Also love how the other car you're overtaking for the win is upside-down and on fire. You must've been hungry for victory!

@ralphdibny On lower difficulties, aim assist is on by default (and, if memory serves, you can choose between weak or strong, as well). I don't blame you for struggling with that turret section; even on Normal, it killed me a couple times and I finally completed it a split-second from death. I always felt like the game's harshest objectives were of the "protect this vehicle" variety, no matter what the gameplay for them ended up being. Always had to restart them a couple of times.

@R1spam Congratulations on beating the game! Yeah, the story had a strong ending, for sure.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@nessisonett ahh sweet. How do you make GIFs out of videos? Is it a PS thing? I got a vid to share but I playing on Xbox and don't know how to make a gif of it. I've tried sending Vids to myself on WhatsApp and converting them to GIFs as I do it but my phone only saves the MP4 file 😭

I wonder if you'll succumb to aim assist for the same portion as I did. I reckon it is just about possible without but might take some hours.

@RogerRoger I am curious about the normal difficulty and just how different it is. It might be worth a run through for the collectibles but I'm not sure if this is the sort of game I'll do the collectibles on due to length/difficulty/vast amount of them. I only discovered one collectible (the taxidermy fox) on a really recent level so I definitely haven't got them all even though I've been looking around each level a lot.

I just finished the safecracker section anyway, looking forward to making some more progress later today!

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Once you've completed it on Classic, I'm sure replaying certain levels on Normal to hoover up collectibles would be a breeze, especially if you used a guide. Apparently only a small handful of them are locked to level-specific environments anyway, so you'd only have to replay two or three chapters at most; the vast majority of them, you can collect in Free Ride.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger ah fair enough cheers. I have only looked for them in the story bits actually. Haven't bothered getting out of the car too much in the open world segments. It's a bit of a weird one because I don't really consider it an open world game because the narrative is so linear. Even though there is clearly an open world to explore!

See ya!

R1spam

@ralphdibny this is exactly how I felt with this game. The open world was truly just window dressing and because the pacing is so tight I just played mission objectives without ever exploring outside of these.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I normally save videos to Twitter, download the video from there and then use a converter to turn it into a GIF! And yeah, I already have aim assist on. I use it in most third person shooters to be honest.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny @nessisonett You can create GIFs using SHAREfactory, direct from any video clip you've captured or created on PS4. It's what I used for that glitch I shared on the previous page. The end result doesn't appear to be as high quality as that finish line GIF above, but it does the job.

Unfortunately, the PS5's SHAREfactory Studio is missing the feature. Kind of a weird oversight.

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@R1spam I actually don't think there are any other side quests/objectives to be honest. It's only the collectibles but I don't think they add anything to it

@nessisonett ah ok fair enough, now I feel like less of a cheat as you are in the same boat. Whats the name of the gif converter you use?

@RogerRoger I wish Xbox had a gif converter 😅

Also this game has made me realised why Americans call their car boots "trunks". They literally have trunks strapped to the back of their cars! Also now I'm wondering what they call a car boot sale, unless they just don't have them because they can do yard sales. We'd probably get an officer from the council down if we attempted a "front garden" sale but of course we can just leave it out for the rag and bone man to collect for free

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I usually just use EzGIF because you can control the frame rate and stuff!

ralphdibny

@nessisonett cheers, I downloaded a few apps on the end. The first EZgif was choppy as hell, the second app I downloaded made a file too large but I've hit the sweet spot with my third app (second to be called EZgif - looks like a Chinese app) and produced this:

Untitled

Im guessing your not using an android app lol, it's been rather hit and miss for me

Edit: bear with me lol, that's clearly not a moving image....

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I just use the website 😂😂

ralphdibny

@nessisonett ok I'm finished. I'm going to delete all those Chinese apps lol. Cheers for the heads up, I've used the website now!

Untitled

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Wow, that was definitely worth the effort 😂😂

ralphdibny

@nessisonett 😂 thanks, I think there must have been a spring from sonic the hedgehog in that crate!

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny It’s his little arm waves and the look towards the ground that make it!

ralphdibny

@nessisonett haha yeah, it's like they put in extra frames of animation just to accommodate this ridiculous glitch!

You should see the look on the guy's face when he get hits with a Molotov. I can't tell if it's an overreaction or an under reaction. I think I'd probably die from shock immediately in real life so i would have no reaction whatsoever

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I do have a photo of death by Molotov where I posed like Michael Jackson! I’ll post that one when I sort through my other photos from this and AC Odyssey.

ralphdibny

Ness, for some reason every time I click to reply on one of your comments it links me to https://www.pushsquare.com/# which just takes me to the home page. I won't attempt to spell and bodge your username with an @ tag 😂

All I'll say is that I'll look forward to seeing the gif/pic and chamon'!

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I've had that happen a few times as well, not with any specific person though. Found the photo too!

Untitled

ralphdibny

@nessisonett haha that's legendary. He looks like a smooth criminal. I think he needs Bubbles to put him out.

Thanks Ness is On It, or Ness is One TT? I've always been curious what your username is actually all about lol. Could be my first suggestion in a Scottish accent. Maybe I just can't see where one word ends and another starts. Or maybe you just put your password in the username box by accident when signing up to the website 😅

Also, loch Ness or Ness from Earthbound, I've always assumed the latter but I guess the former could be appropriate

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic