Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 2,131

R1spam

Played a few missions so far, I'm enjoying what I've played. I know it's minor but I really like the ui thing of actual road signs flashing directions rather than solely relying on the mini map for directions.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

colonelkilgore

nessisonett wrote:

I’m looking forward to diving into the Classic difficulty so hopefully those of you joining in enjoy it too.

I played this last year and enjoyed it a lot more than i anticipated. There’s a race in chapter 5 or 6 that is considered very difficult in ‘classic’. I was aware of it going in but it was definitely a spike (at least for the first few goes). When I finally done it ( the first time) I was greeted with a crash… and when I reloaded it started at the beginning of the chapter so I had to do it all again… it wasn’t that bad though as looking back, it it is maybe my favourite chapter.

**** DLC!

ralphdibny

@nessisonett cheers. The trilogy is only around £27 normally too both digital and physical so might be worth the extra dollar for a couple extra games! I've got a physical trilogy that I bought for £30 toward the end of last year

I've been debating whether to do it in classic mode too. @colonelkilgore has mentioned the race which is basically where I stopped playing it when it first came out on PC originally. I'm wondering if you can do classic and swap to modern just for that bit maybe?

See ya!

ralphdibny

@nessisonett also I found this pic on Reddit re: doom. Something going on up there that we should know about?! 😂

Untitled

See ya!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Yeah, the race I remember being hard in the normal difficulty but hopefully it’ll be alright since I’ve played enough racing games over the years to sorta get a handle on when to turn, when to brake etc.

@ralphdibny Hahaha yeah, I’ve seen a couple of those lorries around and I did a double take the first time 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

purple_mouse_gaming

I played this on a live stream late last year and enjoyed it - but really want to revisit it and play it through properly, as I kind of rushed it a bit. Want to spend some time in the game world snooping around and checking out the sights. Good call 👍🏻

GoodGame

@purplemouse Sorry about this. No offense meant. Nothing to do with the thread. Turn your profile pic upsidedown.
It looks like someone sneezing lmao.

Edited on by GoodGame

Current Level - 55

PSN: wR_sixtee6

JohnnyShoulder

@GoodGame All I see is a purple mouse....

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

I made an early start on Mafia: Definitive Edition yesterday. Wasn't planning on playing much and ended up almost halfway through the game. It's very easy to fall into a "just one more mission" mentality with it, especially early on when things are clipping along nicely and you're earning a congratulatory milestone trophy every twenty minutes.

Gunplay and melee combat (especially the counter timing) is a bit wonky for me, but I adore the driving, and love how the game makes the most of its "linear missions in an open sandbox" structure to grant you breathers as you commute from objective to objective. Technically it's competent, but a little rough around the edges (am playing on PS4 Pro) with lots of ghosting and a few framerate dips, but nothing that spoils the experience. I did have a character model fail to load in one cutscene, which made it appear as though I was being attacked by the Invisible Man, but that was just funny.

What wasn't funny was a common audio glitch that triggers an incredibly loud, very sudden white noise jumpscare at the beginning of the "Great Deal" chapter. BE WARNED, folks. I almost felt the need to go around and apologise to my neighbours earlier, it was that bad.

@R1spam I love the road signs! I'm playing with a minimal HUD (so no speedometer, no minimap, just timers and a health bar when necessary) and reckon they're a lovely minimalist touch.

@colonelkilgore Had a stupid grin on my face for that entire race. It's been my highlight thusfar, too.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger ahh sweet. Glad that it sounds a bit addictive, I was worried it was going to be one of them that kind of gets left for a few days to take a breather due to difficulty or something

Are you doing classic mode then or just a normal difficulty?

See ya!

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger glad your enjoying it. Yeah, something about that race was just so well done. Great period setting.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny I played it on Normal (past tense because yeah, I just finished it... told you it was addictive). I mean, there were still the occasional moments where I'd get stuck in a "restart last checkpoint" loop, either because of some wonky A.I. drivers or some lead-heavy shooting corridors, but it was nothing prohibitive. Well, except that the experience in general will prohibit me from going for the platinum, as it's the kinda gameplay that'd make my teeth itch on higher difficulties. Playing on Normal felt right for me; enough challenge to keep me engaged, but not enough to prevent me from enjoying the story.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger ahh fair enough. If you had said classic then it would have convinced me to play it on classic. As it stands, I didn't actually any need more convincing and started playing it on classic today anyway 😅. Ive only done the first two chapters so far though. I was surprised at how short they were!

As soon as the opening cutscenes started, I got an immediate hankering to watch the Godfather trilogy! I last watched it like 2 years ago so not even that long but I normally end up watching them every 5 years or so. I love those films

I should add that the speed limiter is a god send for staying at the speed limit without having to hover your trigger finger!!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

R1spam

So it's a hard nope for me on the classical difficulty because of the checkpointing. Being sent back to the start to drive to the mission and maybe do multiple phases of some mission to die at the end and do it again just doesn't fit with really narrative heavy games for me. Speaking of which, I'm nearly halfway through already! I can see why you you finished it already @RogerRoger, the pacing is great, the story/writing has been pretty good so far and it's so easy to say just one more chapter.

Edited on by R1spam

XBOX: Placebo G

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Yeah, I really appreciated the speed limiter as well. Not that I ever used it much (on lower difficulties, the cops don't seem to care if you run red lights at Warp 9, to the point where I don't think I was ever chased outside of a scripted "escape the dragnet" story beat) but occasionally, for certain objectives in certain missions, it came in handy. Best of luck with Classic!

@R1spam Oh wow, so checkpoints must be real spaced out on higher difficulty levels, then? Because whenever I died on Normal, I'd usually return within the vicinity of my corpse. Maybe I just got lucky about when and where I died, though. Did you start on Classic and then lower it?

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@R1spam @RogerRoger the big thing I recall regarding the classic difficulty was ammo preservation. Enemies were real spongy unless you got a head-shot... and if you reload with bullets still in the clip you lose them.

That and the race during Chapter 5 was real tricky on classic.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore I think I'd enjoy the challenge of the race on a higher difficulty (only lost it the first time because I foolishly attempted to get some air) but yeah, the shooting is where I'd get real annoyed. I didn't feel like I had enough control to get consistent headshots and, with a lack of ammo, I'd be forced into melee more often. Which I hated. The triangle counters are straight-up broken.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger yeah, having to be extremely measured and careful definitely added a good few hours on to the play-time I'd imagine. Still really enjoyed it though... and yeah the race was very exhilarating on classic. After the first few attempts I was sure that there was just absolutely no way I'd be able to finish first but I got there in the end.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic