Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 2,131

Th3solution

@nessisonett Wait... brain coral gives oxygen?! 🤯

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution If you float into the bubbles they emit then it restore your oxygen!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

Yeah it says the planet is under quarantine @Th3solution and that no viehicles are allowed to enter or leave to prevent the spread of the infection... So the character being unable to disable the laser is no doubt due to them having the same one.

There's also a second floor to that place btw if you didn't know. There's an energy lift/elavator thingy to the right side of the start of the building (if you swam inside as there's actually a door on the other side of the building from the outside that starts you on that second floor)

Th3solution wrote:

But don’t get too excited. The laser cutter requires diamonds (I think 2) and I haven’t seen those anywhere.

... I did also tell you earlier sol where diamonds for a laser cutter could be found...

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

as you can find the resources to make a laser cutter and a propulsion canon (to get in the Aurora) on that island with the laser building on.

Diamonds just grow on the walls Sol along with lithium. So get exploring the actual island... Just be careful of the wildlife!

Ya just might find something else neat on there too if ya look hard enough 😄

@nessisonett I believe Subnautica's world isn't randomly generated at all so laser cutter fragments should be to the right of and fairly close to the Aurora? ... Near the red reefy places with the floating circular rocks I'm pretty sure is where I found mine.

And gold is a random drop from sandstone deposits I believe? I had the complete opposite problem to you actually having oodles of gold and desperately needed silver for a wiring kit

-EDIT- Also I didn't know that about brain coral either so cheers ness!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

Once you build a seamoth and a prawn suit, getting round is so much easier. It did take me ages to build those as I was quite enjoying the slow paced nature of it all, and was nice game to play when it got hot last year.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Just like a teacher to be testing my reading comprehension! 😂
Looks like I get a failing grade today.

But seriously, I wasn’t thinking, clearly, so thanks for the tip! Now I won’t waste time looking where I thought I was going to have to for those infernal diamonds. Cheers! 😄

Somehow I had picked up several lithium while I was there, but didn’t notice the diamonds.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

crimsontadpoles

So, I was going to have a quick play to try and craft a laser cutter, but ended up spending a few hours distracted with other things in the game.

At the enforcement platform island, I was checking it thoroughly for a second diamond. I discovered the upper cave system had a weird machine, and found another purple tablet to access the upper part of the building. The ion cubes there powered up the weird machine, which led to a lot of new exploration.

I have plenty of diamonds now. It's just the elusive cave sulphur left to find before crafting a laser cutter. After that I should be able to explore the Aurora, then maybe start to think about habitat building afterwards.

Anyway, that session was a lot of fun due to finding that new place to explore.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

crimsontadpoles

I finally explored the Aurora fully (feels like I got everywhere of interest). It was daunting at first due to the annoying creatures on the outside, but thankfully it was more peaceful inside.

However, there was an annoying glitch. I got caught on something and couldn't move. Even the usual tricks of mashing buttons or saving and reloading weren't enough to free my character. It was on the water surface, and wasn't possible to drown and then respawn. And as the character had only just drank a lot of water, it was going to be a long wait.

Whilst waiting patiently for my character to die from dehydration, I saw online that there were console commands. So I managed to use a command to warp 1 meter ahead, sending the character to freedom. So thankfully the subnautica dude escaped without having to die and respawn.

Hopefully the console command hasn't messed up unlocking trophies for me. Supposedly it disables trophies until you quit the game, and they'll be fine after saving and quitting. So in theory I should be alright.

render

@crimsontadpoles You'll be ok using the warp commands. When I finished the game I had a look around and found out all about them. The only ones that cause the trophies to lock out are the modifiers like no cost and no damage etc, and you can even use those as long as you disable them again before you do the action to pop the trophy.

render

nessisonett

Made a whole lot of progress today!

I went really really deep, like 450m deep and found some pretty crazy lifeforms.

Also found a couple diamonds and some lithium while I was out and about, so I have a laser cutter now.

Found an island with dry land so explored that area which was cool.

The Sunbeam is coming in about half an hour when I turned it off there!

Just looking for some more lead so that I can get my Seamoth!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I loved zipping around in the Seamoth!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

crimsontadpoles

Seamoth is very useful. I got the best max depth upgrade for it earlier, so that's very helpful for exploring. I also have the Prawn Suit, but some upgrades might be needed belore I can make good use of it.

Over the past week or so, I've been playing lots of this. There's always new things to build, or new places to explore. I'm in the later parts now where it's getting trickier to explore new areas, and where I'm less sure of what I should be doing next. So I might ease off the throttle a bit.

nessisonett

@crimsontadpoles How do you actually upgrade things? I have a couple upgrades but not sure where to apply them.

HallowMoonshadow

Apologies but instead of work usually winding down around this time of year it's honestly wound up if anything making my gaming time a little more sparse then usual!

• I made a Seamoth.
  • I met a Reaper Leviathan.
  • I lost my Seamoth.

... That's basically it for me in terms of progress

I've made another seamoth thankfully and visited pretty much every lifepod aside from 7 (Cus good luck in trying to find that one from the terrible description of the signal origin).

Don't have the materials to make a prawn suit yet as I'm missing whatever Aerogel is.

No real story progression from last time unfortunately!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

crimsontadpoles

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Losing a vehicle to a leviathan is basically a right of passage. It has happened to me as well, though I was being particularly stupid that day. Here's what I did:

• I parked the Seamoth just above the crush depth in leviathan infested waters and swam to the sea bed.
  • Reaper Leviathan nudges the Seamoth to just below the crush depth.
  • I successfully recover the vehicle and get away.
  • I parked the Seamoth just above the crush depth in leviathan infested waters and swam to the sea bed again.
  • Seamoth gets destroyed for some reason.
  • Somehow I managed to swim back up to the surface, but then got gobbled up.

Edit: Plus, I misread the directions clue, so I wasn't even exploring where I wanted to be.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

nessisonett

Wow, a lot’s happened in a short period of time! Explored the final Aurora section with my laser cutter, getting the black box info and some sort of propulsion cannon upgrade despite not having one. Also got all the prawn suit pieces for the blueprint. Then I went to meet up with the Sunbeam and yeah, wow. This game has gone in a different direction. I explored that area there and got everything I could but then died of dehydration 😂

render

@nessisonett I remember when I played it through I was inside somewhere and didn't get back out again in time to see the whole Sunbeam arrival. Talk about missing a major plot point. I had to watch a video to see what I'd missed! 😆

render

nessisonett

@render Yeah, that all happened while I was inside the building on the island 😂

HallowMoonshadow

Oh my gosh what turn of events that was @crimsontadpoles. I feel your pain! 😅

I did play say some yesterday and ended up nearly getting attacked by a Reaper Leviathan once again. Really made me quite anxious as I managed to somehow make my escape with seamoth unscathed. That was worse then some horror games with uneasy I felt!

Somehow I've actually managed to not die yet in Subnautica... It's only a matter of time though

I have to wonder if I've sequence broke the game somewhat though as I'm only 8 hours in and have barely explored anything past 200 or so metres. I haven't explored any alien buildings aside from the enforcement platform and yet I have the code to the captain's quarters and have -being rather vague here- got the endgame goal to head towards 😄

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic