Forums

Topic: PUSH SQUARE GAME CLUB | Now Playing: Sifu

Posts 401 to 420 of 790

R1spam

@sorteddan I've just got to chapter 6 and made the different decision to you. The modern family reunion is still on in my universe . Did anyone else decide to chainsaw Dylans hand off . My guy took it like a champ! Just popped the trophy for chapter 6, I think I'm enjoying this more than until dawn.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Th3solution

@R1spam Yes I chainsawed Dylan’s hand. It was pretty funny how casual people responded to having done that. 😂 When it comes up its just like “He told me to do it!” and then everyone else is like “ok then, that’s cool.”

But yeah, I’m with you — In the end, The Quarry might just be as good as Until Dawn, and in some ways better. I think I liked the characters and story of Until Dawn better, but the overall amount of choices and outcomes in The Quarry felt more fully developed and interesting. When I finished Until Dawn I didn’t feel as motivated to do a second run as I did with this game.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

R1spam

So I switched my PS offline and changed the date on the local system but the quarry will not launch without needing an online check in. None of the other plus extra games I have need this. Gamepass gives you 30 days without online connection to finish things when they leave Gamepass. Kinda sucks! Still I'm at the start of chapter 8 and have just ordered a copy from CEX. My guys are just going to have to hang tight in Hacketts Quarry a little longer.

Th3solution

@R1spam Hm, I didn’t know you could do that with games that fall off the service. That’s good to know. Unless this game’s online check is a sign that they’re all going that way

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@R1spam Thanks for the link; I don’t remember having seen that article.

I do remember noticing that shortly after it had been removed from Extra, a game I had added to my library (I think it was Metro Exodus) didn’t show the little padlock sign by it and when selected had the “download to console” button rather than the “add to cart” button. But then when I clicked “download” it did the online handshake and brought up an error message that it wasn’t available and needed purchasing. The next time a game is due for removal from the service I’m going to try downloading it preemptively and then disconnecting from the internet the day before it gets pulled and see what happens.

Fortunately, the games dropping off Extra for November are all games I care nothing about.

In fact, only a handful of games have dropped off that I had planned to play and never had a chance. Metro was one and a few others were Kingdom Come Deliverance, Borderlands 3, and AC Valhalla - the last of which was clearly a bait-and-switch as ACV was a marquee title when they rolled out the service and then it was taken off really quickly. Eh, fortunately all those games can be bought dirt cheap now if I ever really wanted them.

Speaking of, I’m not opposed to buying The Quarry later on so I can experiment with other choices. I’ll be curious how your final decisions play out.

AgentCooper

Good Evening all! Has anyone started Alan Wake other than our Kid? I’ve made a start and strangely it took about 10 minutes for my brain to find the memories of playing the original. It’s top stuff anyway!

The Quarry looks like it went down a storm, I’m really happy with how much engagement we’ve had this month and long may it continue.

So, I originally was going to just cull games without any votes in the last two months but then I also got to thinking would everyone like to just get wild and suggest a whole new slate? How are we all feeling?

Let me know and get your suggestions in and we can do a vote at the end of the week

One love 👍
@Pizzamorg @Mr_B021 @QualityGeezer @KilloWertz @Th3solution @Ryne-Gaia @crimsontadpoles @RogerRoger @Hallowmoonshadow @R1spam @CaptD @Th3solution @ralphdibny @LobsterJohnson @SillyBoyJudas @kidfried @Fight_Teza_Fight

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

SillyBoyJudas

I started The Quarry too late into the month before it was removed from PS Plus. It is definitely an improvement from Until Dawn which was in itself a good decision-making game. I wish I had more time to finish, getting further into it gameplay and story.

For November's game, I say we should start a clean slate of gaming suggestions. Maybe we all can suggest 1-2 to keep the list tamed this time around?

My recommendation is Stray.

Edited on by SillyBoyJudas

SillyBoyJudas

PSN: SillyBoyJudas

CaptD

@R1spam If you have yet to pick up your copy of The Quarry, The Game Collection are selling the ps5 version for £10 which seems a good price.

@AgentCooper I started Alan Wake the other day but stopped playing in the first chapter as I can't decide to follow a guide or not, I very rarely do so on my first playthrough but the amount of collectibles seems crrraazzzyyy. Such a dilemma and I will probably follow a guide but it is really going to sap the experience.

As for my next month, my recommendation is Weird West.

CaptD

Th3solution

I haven’t started Alan Wake yet. I’m being drawn in several directions so it’s been tough to start something new.

I thoroughly enjoyed The Quarry, however. Great stuff. It has made me want to play all the Dark Pictures Anthology.

As for next month, I nominate Disco Elysium. Is that too long, you reckon?

@SillyBoyJudas We actually played Stray for the Game Club monthly game about 3 or 4 months ago. It was a fantastic game though. Highly recommend.

AgentCooper

@SillyBoyJudas As Sol mentioned we’ve already played Stray, you can see the full list here

@CaptD I wouldn’t worry too much about a guide, as even if you’re exploring, the game is relatively linear. Although it could be a heavy dose of muscle memory on my part. If you’re planning the platinum ahead of time then maybe a guide is preferable as I’ve still missed a few script pages along the way (also there are pages that need a nightmare playthrough)

@Th3solution Disco Elysium is incredible! I’m about 38 hours in and not sure I’m close to the end so in that respect probably longer than your average GC game. It would be a perfect pick though in regards to the various builds and playthrough styles and the thought cabinet mechanics, could make for some great discussion 👍

Edited on by AgentCooper

R1spam

@CaptD my copy arrived yesterday from CEX but that's a steal, especially with free shipping! Will keep an eye on them in future, cheers!

R1spam

@AgentCooper thanks again for running 🫡 I'd be down for trying disco elysium, even if its in the full knowledge that I won't be able to finish it in a month! It might be worth just checking out the first 10-15 hrs as part of gameclub but those who want more can just keep going! I feel like I've got a crpg blindspot and would be down to try one. Who knows, if I like it, maybe it will be the push to try Balders gate 3. Otherwise Yakuza like a dragon might be cool, it was on both plus and extra I think, though its likely to be a pretty long game!

AgentCooper

@R1spam Thanks, the pleasure is all mine friend 👍 I’m really happy with how it has been going.

AgentCooper

Making some progress in Alan Wake, just got to episode 4 and seemed to have forgotten enough about the original for this to be thrilling and interesting. I’m playing on easy for the benefit of story and atmosphere, having little time I’d prefer not to be banging my head against the wall. The combat can get really intense, I do wonder how I’d ever cope on higher difficulties!
It would be nice to be able to map the torch beam to another button to allow aiming of the gun without wasting battery.

Overall, having a swell time and serving as a nice intermission for Disco Elysium.

AgentCooper

Alright gang! I’m away for the weekend but just wanted to give you all a little nudge as I’ve only seen that Disco Elysium has more than one mention. Does everyone want to give that a go? If there are more suggestions keep them coming.

One love 👍
@Pizzamorg @Mr_B021 @QualityGeezer @KilloWertz @Th3solution @Ryne-Gaia @crimsontadpoles @RogerRoger @Hallowmoonshadow @R1spam @CaptD @Th3solution @ralphdibny @LobsterJohnson @SillyBoyJudas @kidfried @Fight_Teza_Fight

P.S. Disco Elysium is a bit good 👍

LobsterJohnson

@AgentCooper What were the other options beside Disco? Been away quite some time due to family commitments.

LobsterJohnson

AgentCooper

@LobsterJohnson Going wild and free and opening up the floor for a new slate of suggestions friend 👍

LobsterJohnson

In that case, my suggestions are;
Callisto Protocol 10-12 hours
Werewolf The Apocalypse 10 hours
My Friend Pedro 4-5 hours
The Messenger 12-14 hours
Yakuza Like A Dragon 45 hours.

Maybe the last one is a little too long lol.

LobsterJohnson

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic