Forums

Topic: PUSH SQUARE GAME CLUB | Now Playing: Sifu

Posts 421 to 440 of 799

CaptD

@AgentCooper Sounds good, I'm up for some Disco dancing if that is the final choice. The only thing I would suggest is for posters to liberally use the spoiler tags.
Hope you have a grand weekend away.

CaptD

R1spam

OK, I finally finished up the quarry, chapter 8 and 9 ended up being a bit of a bloodbath for me! Constance Hackett got her face blown off, Laura and Travis killed each other in a dual, gory cinematic death, Ryan got his face straight pummelled in by werewolf Chris Hackett and last but not least, poor Kaitlin after I beefed a shotgun blast at the last minute. I think the grossest thing in the game was still Dylans arm stump after he got it chainsawed off, straight up looked like Mimir's neck stump from GoW! . There's a lot to like in this game, as cheesey as it is, in fact I straight up think that is its strongest attribute. This game knows what it is and leans into it hard. I will say the exploration sections are weak though with camera controls that don't especially function. Having said that the hold L1 and walk briskly, like your character is late for a bus is comedy gold. It's a game I might not rate higher than a 6 or 7, yet had a lot of fun, particularly through those early chapters. Great gameclub choice, loved going back through people's spoiler tags and seeing their choices.

Edited on by R1spam

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

SillyBoyJudas

Going from the suggestions I would say Calisto Protocol and My Friend Pedro.

SillyBoyJudas

PSN: SillyBoyJudas

Mr_B021

I’d prefer if we keep using a limited list and create room for new entries by eliminating games which did not receive any votes last round. Otherwise the list is too long very fast and games will probably receive only a handful of votes with limited engagement/ motivation from the rest of the participants.

I vote for Outer Wilds, Artfull escape, but Disco Elysium is also interesting.

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

AgentCooper

@SillyBoyJudas Added, though for clarity those titles were just Lobster’s suggestions, feel free to suggest others 👍

@Mr_B021 Thanks for the feedback, I am/was torn over the slate, you are the first to suggest retaining some of the old titles as I felt like doing myself to be honest

Here are the titles from the old list that have received at least one vote since August if anyone would like to keep this running and I’ll add first and second choices to the mix, thoughts?

Inscryption
Dodgeball Academia
Observer Redux
NEO: The World Ends With You
Outer Wilds
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.
Artful Escape
Bioshock Infinite

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

AgentCooper

Just seen this friend, definitely worth adding to the pile @ralphdibny

Tjuz

Perfect timing as it seems I'll be able to game starting tomorrow again! I would be happy with any of Dodgeball Academia, Inscryption, Rift Apart, Artful Escape or Outer Wilds.

Tjuz

AgentCooper

Alright gang! are you ready to disco? I held out for as long as possible on finalising the vote, I do apologise as I've been busy over the last week or so and will be for the next few days too so it is best to get this sorted today.

So, Disco Elysium is our game for November and is a little belter (I'm 40 hours in to my first playthrough) and has received much acclaim including for its beautiful soundtrack courtesy of (British) Sea Power.
Given the sheer amount of build and story combinations this should make for some excellent discourse. Please, as always, be respectful with potential spoilers as we all move at our own pace.

Here's a few details courtesy of HLTB:
DISCO ELYSIUM is a groundbreaking blend of hardboiled cop show and isometric RPG. Solve a massive, open ended case in a unique urban fantasy setting. Kick in doors, interrogate suspects, or just get lost exploring the gorgeously rendered city of Revachol. What kind of cop you are — is up to you.

Main: 23 Hours
Main + Sides: 32 Hours
Completionist: 45 1/2 hours

One love 👍
@Pizzamorg @Mr_B021 @QualityGeezer @KilloWertz @Th3solution @Ryne-Gaia @crimsontadpoles @RogerRoger @Hallowmoonshadow @R1spam @CaptD @Th3solution @ralphdibny @LobsterJohnson @SillyBoyJudas @kidfried @Fight_Teza_Fight

Edited on by AgentCooper

Th3solution

Should be the kick in the pants I need to get me to finally play this game.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution US pants or UK pants?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder US pants. Do folks in the UK wear pants when they get kicked in the rear?

Edit: Ah, just looked it up and I don’t know why I never knew that when you all say “pants” you mean what we refer to as “underwear”. We wear our pants on the outside. 😂

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I often say to my work colleagues that my only plans on the weekend is to play video games in my pants. As it gets colder I have to some socks on too.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

I've finished Jedi Survivor so..

Untitled

As I've always threatened to do, this time my guy is going to be a useless, racist, alcoholic thug who doesn't give a toss about anything.

Starting stats;

Untitled

And for this run I'm going HARDCORE!

Thrillho

AgentCooper

They aren’t bluffing, my liege

@Thrillho

AgentCooper

@RogerRoger No problem, I’ll always tag you no matter what.

Th3solution

Giving the game a go today. Have been playing for about 2 hours and I’m a little confused about some things, but I’m starting to get the hang of it I think.

I’ll post more solid impressions and thoughts later.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic