Forums

Topic: Push Square Formula 1 thread - F1

Posts 521 to 540 of 768

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant I think I was typing (I’m not quick) during the formation lap, what happened? Did Lewis drop off the safety car to much?

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets 2 things. Max said over the radio “he’s more than 10 cars lengths from the safety car” (about Lewis) which he was. Lewis was backing them all up like a formation lap.

All the commentators thought max was right but turns out he wasn’t, Lewis had it right.

But behind they were all stacking up, round a blind corner, and about 7 cars ALMOST had a massive crash 3-4 had to take evasive action including going off the track. Scary moment.

Super unlucky for George today

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant don’t worry I just heard Ted explain the formation lap thing.

What an eventful start. Let’s hope Max chews up his tyres more…. somehow as he cruises around casually at the front 🫤

Edit: I really need to type faster 😆

Edited on by BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets haha. Wishful thinking. I think Lewis v Fernando at Australia and Checo through the field are the most exciting action we will see from the front runners.

Update: Possibly another late safety car would spice things up

Update 2: I think Fernando is saving his tires

Update 3: Lewis talking about tires on the radio. Can never take it at face value 😂 it’s usually gamesmanship

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant yeah I was thinking is Lewis trying to con RB into making another stop assuming he will have to also.

Looks like Sainz might make it a 3 way fight for the podium places.

Yeah another safety car due to Max’s failed car would make it good. Don’t like to wish bad luck on anyone but he will still saunter to the title this year.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets Lewis closing up the field behind him could mean they all burn their tires defending/attacking each other.

Agreed on Max. Barring MANY disasters, or some miraculous update by competitors, he will cruise to the title. World championship needs spice injection.

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

I’m a little surprised how long it’s taking Perez to catch and overtake Lando 🤔

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

That’s very bizarre from KMAG. Will we get going again?

Edit RED FLAG! This time it will save the end of the race.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

Very late not sure if we’ll get racing again. 🤞

Who’s looked after their tires

Lewis “there’s so much debris out here” we’ve heard that before. Lol

Update: RED flag. Lewis off the line to beat max? Both take each other out? Fernando sneaks both? lol

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

This could be a cracking 2 lap race.

Even more gutted George had a failure now, he was nailing the starts.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

That will have to be red flagged

themightyant

themightyant

Do they go back to the last detection zone? Ie as they restarted

themightyant

themightyant

I THINK they are going to get lucky and AM, Alpine going to get a reprieve.

themightyant

themightyant

Frankly surprised it’s taking this long SURELY the main thing to check if was it red flagged before/after a sector line? (Not detection zone)

If so are they going to go back on track, or not?

Shouldn’t take an eternity.

Personally I think it’s pointless to go round the track and end under the SC. But they seem to like the photo of the finish

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant I suppose with the issues the sport has gone through. They are being super cautious and quadruple checking they get the decision correct.
Although it seems silly to just do a lap behind behind the safety car but you have to do the full race distance when possible.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic