Forums

Topic: Push Square Formula 1 thread - F1

Posts 541 to 560 of 764

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets yeah you are right. Im being impatient and thinking about the slow decisions last race weekend and letting it cloud my judgment.

This is the right decision.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

themightyant

Lots of winners and losers. Hulkenberg who was in 4th! Both Alpines. Alpha tauri. etc. all lose.

Big winners Alonso, Sainz etc.

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

Crazy race all being said. Although the right decision has been made it is a shame the rules can be so complex it takes so long to work out.

Can you imagine if someone’s car broke down doing this last formation lap.

Edit: Sainz not so lucky after all

Edited on by BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

I hope this Sainz penalty doesn’t cause dangerous chaos at the line.

Edit: of course 5 seconds is loads of time and no one had to do anything silly. Sainz is now last. It’s still too early.

Wow Hulk got lucky it held on just long enough.

Edited on by BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

8 cars out by the end. Madness! In what was a pretty dull race in terms of actual racing they did everything to make it thrilling… and try and screw Max out of an easy win.

The decision at the end has huge implications to both tables. But it was the right decision.

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant yeah not the best race for wheel to wheel racing but very eventful and exciting enough to keep me awake.
Nice discussing the race with you this early morning 👍 Pondering catching a bit more sleep now or getting up 🤔

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Feels a little weird getting ready for qualifying after all the footie on a Saturday. I hope Miami can provide a bit more excitement than Baku but I'm not overly optimistic.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Well that's going to spice things up. My enthusiasm for tomorrows race has improved.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

Did NOT see that happening. Mixed up grid is always more exciting. Lewis P13, Max P9, Charles P6 should inject a little more fun, if there is any chance of overtaking with this new slippery surface that is, off the racing line is tough.

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant We might see a few safety cars with it being so slippery off-line. It's a shame it takes something like that to mix it up but if it makes it more exciting tomorrow I'll take it.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

The Americans love to try and build hype, and are generally good at it, but this intro thing is cringe.

Kudos to Sir Jackie Stewart for totally disregarding the security and literally grabbing Roger Federrer for Martin to interview 😄

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets for sure. The fast and furious but was cringe AF. Almost as bad as when they were at the Game Awards.

Anyway 15 laps in Max up 7 places in second, meanwhile Lewis in a DRS train and can’t overtake. Tale of two cities

Update: he’s managed to pass Albon now

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant Yeah I'm glad I was only half watching the build-up with that F&F rubbish.

Max certainly got it done quicker than Alonso guessed. Still this is already much better than Baku.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets it is bonkers that Max can start 9th and yet no one bats an eyelid that he wins. Complete dominance. Great push in the middle stint but Perez will feel mugged, wasn’t even close between them, should be doing a lot better.

Alonso in a race on his own, Russell mostly similar but made some nice moves. Great recovery from Lewis from P13 to P6 probably driver of the day for me considering that Merc certainly isn’t the Red Bull and he was stuck in a DRS train at the start.

Other than that not a lot to report, not the most thrilling race imo

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant yeah that one is a bit embarrassing for Perez. I agree with Lewis being driver of the day, I think both Merc drivers did well with some overtakes.

I thought it was a pretty good race with quite of lot of overtakes but that's probably because the last one was so poor.
I think they need to do something with qualifying. With normal qualifying the fastest cars at the front just pull away because they are pretty much always in order of pace. I'd ponder doing away with it entirely and do a grid of reverse positions of the previous race but that would potentially be chaos at the start.

Gutting for Maclaren, they are really struggling and don't look like improving any time soon. Hopefully Mercedes' new parts for the next race prove to be substantially better.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets yeah I’ve just seen George’s passes and there were more than I thought. Great drive from him too. Yes hopefully they can fight Aston Martin with their upgrade at the next race, it’s not going to get near Red Bull.

McLaren are woeful, Ferrari still have the problem of a great qualifying setup but awful tyre deg in race. 4th best right now.

Loving seeing a happy Alonso this year, he’s mellowed and being a team player. Feels like a good character arc 😂 Stroll needs to do better

themightyant

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic