Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 681 to 700 of 729

MightyDemon82

@BearsEatBeets You could certainly fit it in the box if you removed the base and the head (it clips on quite easily and is posseable) you could keep the limbs on and have the base and the head separate.

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

LieutenantFatman

Very cool! Looks like a fun bit of kit.

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

So I pre-ordered these a while back. Not sure whether the release timing was a coincidence, or whether it was planned to arrive on my doorstep during the Celebration weekend.

Anyway, here are some exclusive Star Wars: Battlefront II figures from the Vintage Collection.

Untitled

I also got a Black Series "Gaming Greats" version of the Umbra Operative.

Untitled

Then here's some of the first official merchandise from Gotham Knights. It's all been released recently, which makes it a bit of a risk (what if the game turns out to be rubbish?) but also makes it riskier to sleep on, as nefarious eBay jockeys snap 'em up now and then sell them back at a premium when the game gets released and interest in its associated tat increases.

Untitled

Perhaps this betrays the fact that we were supposed to be playing the game by now?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets It's been rumoured for a while, but I guess those rumours might've only been circulating on dedicated Star Wars sites, and they were pretty vague about what it'd be (some thought the rumours were relating to the minifig BD unit that's included in Mando's N-1 Starfighter).

It looks superb, though! Reminds me of the LEGO Wall-E in that, because it's replicating a mechanical object with flat surfaces and square-ish edges, it gets frighteningly close to reality.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Yeah it's an incredible likeness and a great looking set. Thankfully I'm not too fanatical about the character to get it as I need to stop buying Lego (despite buying Lego at midnight last night).😄

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets What did you order, if you don't mind me asking?

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger

Untitled

Told myself I was going to stop buying Lego then they started digging through the highlights of my childhood this year with the Delorean then this. I'm impressed that it actually transforms. Good job my VIP points are getting me discounts.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Oh, very nice! There's been quite a lot of buzz about that set, as I understand it. It's good to try and be good, but sometimes you just have to make an exception!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Yeah I'm not too serious about not buying anymore, it's a more a case of not having space to store it all. If something else that's impressive comes out I'd still get it. Maybe I should just offload some sets I'm no longer fussed about to make some space.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@JudgeDredd They are really branching out with the types of sets they do. I would never had imagined them doing sets on works of art.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

Bravo to my new favourite eBay seller. Not only did they list a brand new and sealed Shenmue III: Collector's Edition for less than its launch price (rather than the ridiculously inflated sums demanded by obvious scalper accounts) they also shipped it out to me much faster than I was expecting!

Also, I know I swore that I'd never buy a Tubbz rubber duck (not for myself, at least) but I also swore that I'd never buy a Funko Pop, and I have over sixty of 'em now, so I thought the heck with it.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Nendoroid figures are amazing! I very nearly got their Sonic years ago, and have regretted my hesitation ever since, because he commands a ridiculous asking price nowadays.

If you don't mind chibi humans, then they also do (or did) a very cute Solid Snake and Raiden.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@ThereThere Haha, nice!

Wear it next time you’re bringing the shopping in and get your wife to rank you.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@ThereThere Hats off (or rather, on) to your son!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Only semi-related to gaming, I guess, but I opened a pair of figures from 2002's Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life today. I was planning on keeping them as collector's items, but the recent extreme heat somehow managed to turn their ageing plastic packaging yellow (gives you an idea just how hot it got in my apartment, as they weren't even kept in direct sunlight or anything). Happy to have them out and on display together, though, given their excellent level of detail and overall quality.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic