Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 641 to 660 of 729

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I almost got one, but I'm not that much of a mug!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

I got the ultimate piece of gaming tat delivered earlier...

Untitled

It came with Far Cry 6, which I've bought for my dad for Xmas. Which I didn’t realise and it took me a moment to work out what it was when it dropped out of the parcel.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

Tat of the highest order but I have been meaning to add to my collection of pins. I saw some lenticular MGS Codec ones that I was veeery tempted by!
Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Wow, where'd you get those Katamari ones?! Love 'em!!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Phwooooar! Check out the pins on that!

nessisonett

@RogerRoger The Katamari ones were from Fangamer, who’ve opened up an EU site now which is pretty good. They even spin!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett They spin?! [immediate want] Thanks for the source!

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

Finally got Kikyo to go along with Kagome (not that they'd be likely to normally hang out in the show, lol).
Untitled

Also got the Bulma I was looking for (more of a bikini type, so I won't imbed it).
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGWoY3iXIA8btL6?format=jpg&na...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny It was you I saw in a recent comment section, wasn't it, saying that you'd tried to restrain yourself but ultimately snapped and ordered one of these...?

Untitled

As you can see, mine is slightly bashed at the bottom. I was gonna keep it in a cupboard and sell it for megabucks in a couple years, but I suppose I'll have to build it at some point now. What a shame, eh?!

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger haha yes it was indeed. It's currently sitting on my shelf unbuilt. I should have bought two really then I would feel less bad about building this one 😂. Waiting to see if my brother buys me another one for my birthday... I bought him a Seinfeld Lego for Christmas so he may return the favour!

Mine came in a completely mashed up parcel actually. Luckily the Lego box itself was ok though.

Megabucks! I'm trying to remember if I told you the story about my old maths teacher at school or if you saying Megabucks is pure coincidence 😅

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Yeah, part of me was disappointed when I saw the box was bashed, but then another part of me knew that it wouldn't be my only LEGO order of the year, and I kinda wanted to build it anyway, so screw being wise and mature and restrained; I'm gonna clear some shelf space!

You did not tell me the story about your old maths teacher, no! And now I'm curious!

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

I bought some tat today, some tat from Tesco. I don't normally buy tat and I'm in the slow painful process of getting rid of a lot of tat. But I couldn't help myself. This tat is just right for me:

Untitled

I will take it out the packet and I will find somewhere to display it.

Mighty was always my favourite of the Chaotix Crew when I was a kid. I was always peeved by his absence in later Sonic games. I remember reading a lot of rumours as a teenager that his absence from Sonic Heroes was due to the original creator of Mighty leaving Sega and taking the copyright with him. No idea if that was true.

I know he has had a welcome resurgence in recent years due to an appearance in Sonic Mania Plus which is probably why he has an action figure available to buy in Tesco of all places

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Very nice! There's always room for one more, no matter how much you're trying to clear!

From what I understand, Mighty was originally supposed to be in a fifth Sonic Heroes team, as the power character alongside Metal Sonic (speed) and Ray (flight). Not sure why the team didn't make the grade, so there might be some truth in your copyright rumour, but I'd also heard that Team Rose replaced them early on, in order to try and broaden the game's appeal to girls.

Anyway, awesome figure! I've got a couple of others from the same line, and they're surprisingly decent for a brand which previously suffered the indignity of cheap and / or ugly toys.

Making It So Since 1987

LieutenantFatman

Nice find mate. Yes, the tat can build up quite quickly! I've had to come up with a plan to sell off a load of board game expansions and miniatures that aren't likely to be used. Got rid of 6 boxes so far. So much easier with video games where you can just trade them in.

LieutenantFatman

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger cheers! I actually saw a few more that were cheaper in Sainsbury's but different characters. They looked a bit neon for some reason though, sonic and knuckles had pink noses 🤷‍♂️

Mighty is a bit top heavy so a bit hard to stand up!

Well Team Rose is nothing to sniff at really and it makes more sense having Big and Cream in there after their appearances in Adventure and Advance respectively.

I am quite fond of Rouge the Bat actually too, maybe Mighty could have replaced the robot in that team with Shadow and Rouge instead!

I need to replay Sonic Heroes at some point. I don't think I was that into it when it came out but retrospectively, it's something that takes my fancy. Just because I love the wider cast of Sonic whether it's classic, modern or even the UK comics

@LieutenantFatman cheers bud! Board games are such space hoggers! My mates getting rid of quite a few too. I've offered to take one off his hands at least.

I'm not sure what his miniature status is these days. I seem to remember him having a painting table. I have never played a game at his that requires paintable miniatures though

Best of luck with your clearout. I sold 3 amiibos the other day. I shed a tear for Dr. Mario, Shulk and some other one that I forget now 😅

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny That's very random. Mine don't have pink noses, I assure you!

And yeah, my Shadow has had to adopt a rather unique pose in order to stay standing. He's kinda doubled over (maybe Sonic just gut-punched him).

My turn to leap to the defence of E-123 Omega! You can't replace him, he's awesome! Give me the chance and I'd totally chuck Amy and Big in the trash, but I do think that Cream's pretty sweet. Can take or leave Rouge, depending on who's writing her. I like the idea of a treasure hunter in a world obsessed with gold rings and emeralds, but can't stand her when she's being all Catwoman about it.

After all these years, I still haven't seen the true ending to Sonic Heroes. The jankiness of its PS2 port makes the Special Stages impossible to complete, so you can't get all the emeralds. If you've got a choice, definitely track it down on GameCube, where it's actually playable!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic