Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 3,698

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Congrats, most of the trouble is indeed getting it to spawn after all!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

I'm at the end game of Ffxii! The last dungeon at Pharos was a bit of a drag I have to admit. Most of others I've been OK with as they were just the right length but that one went on too long for my liking.

Still got quite a few hunts to do though, which I aim to try an do em all. I've only struggled with one early on as I was comically under powered, but I see that some of the later ones can be super difficult.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

Fired up the FF XIV PS5 trial. It's probably not for me but I liked the intro cinematic

Voltan

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Pharos really was a total slog yeah. At least the endgame’s pretty good!

RubyCarbuncle

I found Final Fantasy XII too grindy and in the end I had to take a break. Haven't gone back to it but instead I found myself playing World of Final Fantasy. I loved the idea of capturing monsters to use as allies in Battle, Carbuncle is my favourite one not to mention he's so damn cute.

Edited on by RubyCarbuncle

RubyCarbuncle

Twitter:

HallowMoonshadow

I've been in a week long gaming rut since finishing Oddworld: New 'N' Tasty (And was in a week long rut whilst I was away before gaining the desire to truly finish Cyberpunk and had started Abe afterwards for some actual enjoyment)

I ended up playing some of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn yesterday with the free trial it has... Never played an MMO before in my life so it was a bit of a strange and very new experience. The controller layout for all the different functions really took some getting used to.

I made a... Uhh... The orc looking race and chose the marauder class for now? I think I can switch classes whenever I like but I might just make a different character of a different race to try another class and see which gels with me the most.

I enjoyed my time with it so far... I haven't really done much in it besides get a bit overwhelmed and lost in the main city though

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

I beat Chaos, one of the summon Espers last night. Definitely one of the most challenging fights in the game so, especially as you can't attack using weapons, only using magic, techniks and the like. Found the techniks Shades of Black and Telekinesis very handy here. Took me about 45 mins and my whole party was almost gone with low MP.... and then the game crashed! So yeah that is all that progress gone plus I beat Deathstalker just before too. 😭

So I beat Deasthstalker again, and made a point of going down a level in the dungeon so the game auto saves, as there is no save crystal in this dungeon. Just off to battle Chaos AGAIN lol. Shouldn't take as long this time as I know what to expect and what to do this time.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

HallowMoonshadow

Oh you're at the end of FFXII now huh @JohnnyShoulder? I think I remember that fight against Chaos... Real shame about the game crashing on you just after that fight and having to do it all again. You seem to be enjoying it a fair bit though huh?

I think the furthest I got into the Espers (back when I played the PS2 version game) was against the Esper Ultima(?) in the Giant Crystal that was an awful pain to fight with the conditions changing every 30 seconds if I remember correctly!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Zeldafan79

@Voltan
Is that one supposed to be one of those MMO FF games? If so count me out. I wish they wouldn't have had main series games be MMO's. That kinda style would have been better as a spin off. I Never cared for games that require you be online all the time.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah I'm at the endgame now @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy. I beat Chaos in about 15 mins this time round! 🤣 Once I got rid of those annoying elemental buffing him, it was a piece of pish. Especially as I had a Dispell gambit on the first time round, so my MP got used up really quickly.

Still got a fair ways to go yet as as I've obtained 8 Espers so far and got about that many hunts to go. Once I've done that, I will do the last mission. I've not had a great times with most JRPGs I've played this gen so far, but yeah I have really enjoyed it.

Hope you enjoy your time with XIV. There was a really nice pull out guide with a recent issue of OPM, so will definitely give it go myself at some point. Although not for awhile as I've been over 100 hours on XII, so will need a break from the series.

HallowMoonshadow

Oh very nice @JohnnyShoulder!

I think the final hunt in FF XII involves THE superboss which has like 30 million hp and multiple health bars (I actually bought the guide for FFXII because of how much hidden stuff there was (and still have it somewhere)) so hats off to you if ya get that far. I tried Omega Weapon back in the day and swiftly gave up... Never got the final esper either 😅

Thanks! Hopefully I get into FFXIV... I've enjoyed my limited time with it so far though. Should be even nicer for yourself on a PS5!

JohnnyShoulder

I've heard things get slightly ridiculous late late in the game @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy! That Giant Crystal maze was tricky the first time, and having glanced at the full map online, I am a wee bit less enthusiastic about going back.

Fight_Teza_Fight

I’m also playing FF14. I’m afraid what I might have started. Started it up in the morning & clocked up 9 hours already... .

The weird thing is it’s just a bunch of busy work at the min. The main narrative is just buried under mountains of quests(although I’m definitely intrigued). However, most of these quests are usually within the same area/region so I’m almost always working towards something. I think that’s what’s been gripping me. Haven’t dabbled with the MMO aspect too much, as I’ve been mostly playing solo trying to get used to the controls, but it seems like a good community.

I’m still not sure if I’m going to stick with it, but it’s a nice game to just kill some time with.
Also I was really impressed with how stable the game was. Not once did my game crash or did I experience lag & I’ve got terrible internet.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

@Fight_Teza_Fight I played over 80 hours in 2 weeks and then completely burned out last year. I should really play Heavensward 😂

Fight_Teza_Fight

@nessisonett I could definitely see that happening to me. Just gobbling up quest after quest & before you know it, it’s 1am😂.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

@Fight_Teza_Fight Yeah, it’s a great game but man, it’s easy to burn out.

johncalmc

I haven't played Final Fantasy XIV for ages. I'm still paying for it though I think. Absolute madness.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

So I’ve gotta couple of questions about FF14.
I’ve tried to look online, but I’m still confused. So hopefully someone knows.
How do I apply my rested bonus?
Apparently you just log out in sanctuary but mine still there. Got like 1lvl worth of exp.

Also is there a point to learning more than 1 class?
I’m pretty happy with the gladiator & finished the training. Don’t see the point of going back to a lvl1 quest & class.
I assume those skills are non-transferable between the other classes.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

nessisonett

@Fight_Teza_Fight Basically, learn every job. There’s not much transferable but you’ll want to have a few on the go so that you can fulfil each role in case of emergencies. Plus the stories are really good for each of them. I’m a Bard but I’ve also been messing around with other classes because there comes a point where it’s a waste of XP to do sidequests on your main class as it’s too high a level to see any benefits.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic