Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 3,698

nessisonett

@Voltan I’ll probably give it another go on PS5. Hopefully I can hold back my incredible disappointment towards the last few hours and appreciate what it does right this time.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@Voltan @nessisonett Yeah, I’d be interested to see how it runs too. And I might pick up the DLC if it’s not silly money or (more likely) once it drops in price.

I still think the game had some of the most fun combat mechanics that I’ve come across in a long time and that was enough to power me through to the platinum!

Thrillho

Onigumo

I'm playing zodiac age, i m about 50 hours. Its a good game but not as good as i remember.

Onigumo

Fight_Teza_Fight

So just finished FF X-2. Pretty easily my least favourite Final Fantasy. Didn’t like the tone at all & the gameplay was just all button mashy. It didn’t really require much thought. Most fights including the final boss area just resulted to holding X to attack & the occasional heal.

The cutscenes really made up for it & the 100% ending (which I looked up), was touching so I’m glad it exists.
I liked the class system, but found the dressphere animation tedious. Turned it off, but you have to sit through the first animation back & forth.

Not counting the online games, I’ve just got VIII, IX & Remake to go.
Still not sure if I want to play the PS4 PS+ version of 7 or just hold off until I get a PS5, as that was what I was always planning.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

@Fight_Teza_Fight X-2 is a bit silly but I at least prefer it to 1 and 2. Perhaps 3 as well just solely for the dreadful final dungeon.

nessisonett

@Voltan I’ve tried so many times to enjoy VIII. I should probably give it one last go before writing it off. I did that with A Link to the Past and loved it.

kyleforrester87

@Fight_Teza_Fight you were near the end of 10 on Friday and you just cleared 10-2? I assume you were playing them both at the same time?!

Play 9, and then 7 remake when the PS5 version comes out 🤙🏻

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Voltan

@nessisonett I tried twice so far. The first time was when it originally came out on PC - I liked it but there was this place in the game where you don't gain any XP for battles for some reason and obviously I got there underpowered, there was no way to go back and I didn't keep any older saves Also I don't think I had a good understanding of the "junction" system back then.
Then I tried it again years later but just stopped playing at some point for reasons I don't remember (probably something else got my attention). Maybe I should try one final time too
Definitely my least favorite character progression system of all FF I played though.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

Apparently I'm a Rear Guard and I've been burning the midnight oil lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Fight_Teza_Fight

@nessisonett That's fair. I get what they were trying to do- with Yuna now being free from her past shackles, but it was a weird change in direction. Even Paine whose pretty cool & mysterious just breaks out into a round of high 5’s all of a sudden.
@Voltan I started it a few years ago, but dropped it after an hour for whatever reason. Going in completely blind, but looking forward to ticking off VII & IX eventually.
@kyleforrester87 Yep I’m on holiday till the end of the month so I’m working through my backlog as I’m waiting to get a PS5. Tbf X-2 isn’t that long. Focused on the main story & beat it in just over 12 hours.
Either VIII or IX are next after a break. I’ll hold off until 7. Waited this long already.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

johncalmc

I have never, ever managed to 100% Final Fantasy X-2. I've played it like seven times. Maybe even more. Back in the day on PS2 I did it but I always messed it up somewhere along the line. Then I got it on PS3 and after I got the platinum in X I thought I'd do X-2 and exactly the same thing happened. Kept messing it up and eventually just gave up.

johncalmc

Twitter:

HallowMoonshadow

Oh boy... I didn't realise they were FF IX moogles @kyleforrester87

The normal/typical Moogle design just seems rather alien to me and what games I've seen them in, with the afforementioned design, I don't feel they cohesively fit whatever world they're plonked in compared to say a Chocobo.

I admitedly haven't played VI (for long) or IX where they seem to be more prominent but in III for example you have Dwarves and Gnomes alongside Humans, and of course monsters, and then you also have Moogles? Talking little podgy little cat bear things with bat wings?

I think they appear in IV as well and I can't recall that game having anything other humans and monstersl

Whereas in XII you have the Bangaas, the Seeqs, the Viera and a bunch of other different and rather varied races.

PLUS there's the whole redesign aspect and the moogles look like an actual living breathing creature that could actually exist in Ivalice and not a weird looking plush toy brought to life.

I dunno... Maybe I'm just dumb and talking out my arse as I'm not a designer or anything 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

I'm liking the job system and the flexibility that comes with it. I started Vaan of as a Red Battlemage, wasn't feeling it so switched to Shikari. Makes me less nervous about picking the wrong one and more willing to experiment a bit.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

So I'm about 40 hours in FFXII and about to head off to Archades. Some minor grumbles - the combat can be quite dull against easier foes, so thank god for the option to speed up the gameplay at the push of a button.

Most of the side quests seem to be of the standard fetch kind, which I don't have a massive problem with but they are not marked on the map, so I usually end up wandering round the wrong area then resorting to a guide to point me in the right direction.

The hunts are really good, but some of them can a bit random. Going to the Giza plains in the rainy season and chopping down to trees so you can reach a hidden areas is all well and good, but when the monster you are hunting doesn't spawn even when you have met the conditions, its bloody infuriating. I must have gone back that area a dozen times and still now show. Grrrrr. One to try a bit later me thinks.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder That rainy Giza Plains hunt took so incredibly long to spawn for me. And then I died the first time!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I thought defeating all the regular 20ft tortoise would spawn it in, but noooooooo!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett It finally spawned after another half dozen or times of entering and exiting the area. Defeated it first time too! Just chucked a load of negative status effects at it, like Blind, Silence, Immobilise, etc and piled into it. For some reason I had a Regen Gambit setup casting on it, which made it a lot tougher than it needed to be! 🤣

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic