Forums

Topic: Favorite Video Game Music

Posts 221 to 240 of 275

RubyCarbuncle

I've played so many games and this is a difficult question to answer really as I have many. for this thread I would have to say Okami both Ori games and Final Fantasy 10, specifically the music that plays before the last boss fight, A Contest of Aeons. That tune moved me in so many ways it's hard to describe.

Edited on by RubyCarbuncle

RubyCarbuncle

Twitter:

RogerRoger

@Ralizah I was a bit worried once I realised that it was the same small handful of tracks being used over and over again, but they never got old; in fact, the more they played, the better I liked 'em. I just listened to the first six tracks of that video you linked, as they're the ones with names I recognised. Absolutely beautiful adaptations! That opening to "Steel Samurai" is gonna be stuck in my head for days now and I don't even care, and time index 20:20 onwards is what we're all here for. Outstanding!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Your heroic attempt to platinum Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty has dragged the game to the forefront of my mind these past few days, and I ended up listening to its note-perfect soundtrack whilst getting some work done earlier. Honestly, as videogame music improves with every release, I'll occasionally forget about a stone-cold classic such as this. It's been a joy to rediscover!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

So I've been playing Team Sonic Racing lately and I've known about its theme song, Green Light Ride, for quite some time and it's really good. But what I didn't know is that there's an absolute killer remix as the game's customisation menu theme:

Holy crap this is such a great remix.

LtSarge

LtSarge

This song has been stuck in my head for the past few days:

I never liked this song before because there are much better Sonic tracks. However, for some reason it's just stuck with me recently and now I can't stop listening to it. Not to mention that the song heavily reminds me of the Wii days, which I'm very nostalgic for. Will probably not be able to stop listening to it for the foreseeable future lol.

LtSarge

RogerRoger

Some stuff I've been listening to lately, which I thought I'd share...

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@nomither6 I didn't wanna overload the other topic with videos but, following on from our agreement regarding Batman: Arkham Origins, I just had to post some of its soundtrack's highlights!

Making It So Since 1987

nomither6

@RogerRoger nice selection , especially the last one for me personally , it gives me the feels . Origins music is so powerful sounding , you're definitely right about it sounding better than the movie soundtracks ! its a movie quality game its why i love it so much. well , i love it for alot of things , but still , haha.

thanks for posting these videos though , now i have a good link to the games playlist .

nomither6

RogerRoger

@nomither6 Yeah, as "gnarly" as the action music can get, it's the sweeping, powerful hero moments that really demonstrate the emotion of the soundtrack. You're right, the game is great for so many reasons, but its music really is the cherry on the cake. Glad I shared 'em now; enjoy the playlist!

Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Was just about to stop playing Hotline Miami 2 for today and then this beat dropped:

And then another hour went by, lol. If there's one thing this game excels at, it's getting you pumped up during each level with awesome music. Man, I love this game!

LtSarge

LtSarge

Such a beautiful song. This is the series' theme song but when you get the true ending in Steins;Gate 0, you hear it with lyrics. Was such a pleasant surprise!

LtSarge

LtSarge

So there are rumours that Goldeneye 007 will be receiving a remaster soon on Xbox and it reminded me of the time I spent playing the remake on Wii and constantly hearing this wonderful track play in the menus:

I feel so nostalgic hearing it. I remember spending hundreds of hours playing this game on the Wii since I hadn't played many first-person shooters back then.

I've also been watching people stream Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and I've forgotten how fantastic the soundtrack is! Here's one song that's stuck with me:

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Kevin Kiner's work on the GoldenEye 007 remake is definitely one of the game's highlights. He also did some of the music for 007 Legends, where it went from "highlight" to "only good thing" status. I listen to both soundtracks on a semi-regular basis, they're very cool, and seeing somebody post a track unprompted has made me smile, so thank you!

And yeah, the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack is a powerhouse! Excellent choice to highlight, too! That's definitely one of my favourites, alongside these:

So unlike what I usually listen to, but that makes 'em all the more special to me!

Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

@RogerRoger Oh I'll have to check out the soundtrack for Legends as well then. Probably will never play the actual game, but at least I can listen to its music.

Yep, those are awesome tracks as well! MGRR as a whole is such an outstanding package. Great gameplay, great story, great music. I was watching a VTuber stream the game a while back and it was so fun getting to experience the game again as well as seeing another person's reactions to it. Here's a highlight clip that's only 10 minutes if you're interested in a trip down memory lane and some fun reactions:

It's just crazy to me how special the Metal Gear series was. People tend to downplay Kojima a lot, but he is an absolute genius. He basically created The Simpsons of video games with Metal Gear. You just don't see games like this anymore. Makes you appreciate them a lot more.

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic