Forums

Topic: Favorite Video Game Music

Posts 201 to 220 of 275

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny I have not, no, but I've seen plenty of praise for it. I'll find the soundtrack on YouTube and give it a listen when I'm working! Thanks for the recommendation!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BowTiesAreCool

Anyone else here collect VGM vinyl? My overall collection is large but I'm now up to roughly 70+ titles just of VGM.

BowTiesAreCool

nessisonett

@BowTiesAreCool Oof, I only have a few so you have a lot more! From my collection:

Celeste
Hollow Knight
Katamari Damacy
Minecraft
Silent Hill
Silent Hill 2

I also have Celeste’s B Sides on tape. Not too many but I have Persona 5 and Disco Elysium coming from iam8bit in the near future.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Tape? As in cassette tapes? Blimey, that is a blast from the past!

I've not got any on vinyl, but see them in the mag I read, and the prices are usually quite reasonable.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah cassettes are back. I got an absolute bollocking from a former user on here for buying them but I like the convenience of them. Dinky and cheap, without the ludicrous price hiking that’s happening to vinyl. They take up less space too and I actually quite like the sound of them through my Walkman since the fuzz can add to the experience with certain genres. The beats on some of my hip hop tapes sound grimier and rougher which gives it a different sound to the Spotify version and remaster which might be cleaner but lose a bit of the character. Obviously some of my tapes that I’ve gotten second hand sound a bit rubbish due to the degradation though!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I've still got a few, mostly old hard-core rave tapes and my own mix tapes. Got a portable tape which still works, which i to dig out a couple of years ago when my phone didn't have a headphone socket. They were a nightmare if the tape got caught, and you had spend ages spoiling it back in!

And why would anyone tell you off for listening to music in any way?! 😂

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I dunno, I thought the whole calling people hipsters and stuff died out in like 2014. I’m sure the irony was lost on them considering this is a forum for enthusiasts of a specific hobby which has an entire thread dedicated to useless tat we buy because we want to 😂

BowTiesAreCool

@nessisonett wow! To be fair all of those are quite rare, you msut've been quick off the block to get hold of those! I've only got Celeste from your list but have alerts on for Silent Hill 2 and Hollow Knight across the sales sites and ebay etc.

BowTiesAreCool

nessisonett

@BowTiesAreCool Fangamer and Zavvi are your friends for this stuff. Fangamer ships from the States but they usually have a decent selection. Zavvi is absolutely the best place in the UK for them, despite having died on the High Street years ago now.

BowTiesAreCool

Ah Zavvi can be up and down with their packaging at times. Chipfreq are the best and cheapest UK based ones I've dealt with.
Have you ever had to pay an extra charge on the door for your Fangamer stuff? They do a pretty cool variant of the Metal gear Solid ost but I've never ordered from them before.

BowTiesAreCool

nessisonett

@BowTiesAreCool No, I’ve never had an extra charge from them, I assume due to being a larger company that they pay most duties. Shipping’s quite a bit though so I usually only buy from there if I’m getting a few or some t-shirts or pins at the same time. I’ve had to pay duties when ordering from Discogs and American sellers though. It probably says a lot that I’ve had records come all the way from Japanese sellers in about two days and beautifully gift wrapped but ordering from American ones is a total hassle and can get stuck in customs for weeks.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Straight in with Sonic the Hedgehog. I approve of that article!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@JohnnyShoulder Nice one. I love the Dr. Robotnik boss tunes! Although I think my favourite 16-bit boss music is probably this:

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I thought you would appreciate that!

@mookysam Ooooooh not familiar with that one, will have to check it out when I'm not in work! Anything before FFVII is a bit alien to me.

TMNT Turtles In Time on the SNES had a killer score also.

Ralizah

An album of orchestral renditions of major themes in the first three Ace Attorney games (plus one Apollo Justice section at the end).

Ace Attorney music sounds REALLY good in orchestral form. Hopefully the next mainline game goes full orchestra for the OST.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Will save that for when I'm a little further along with the trilogy (which, at this rate, will probably be the weekend, or thereabouts) but thanks for posting it! Am definitely gonna track down some of the soundtracks when I'm done. The music has been, and I'm sure will continue to be, super-catchy!

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Ace Attorney's soundtracks just get better as the series goes along, IMO. The third game unmistakably has the best OST of the original trilogy, but the music in the newer games is really good as well. It's the one area in which the series never disappoints, IMO, as even the disappointing Apollo Justice sounds great.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic