Forums

Topic: Favorite Video Game Music

Posts 261 to 275 of 275

Ralizah

Just wanted to share some of the tracks from the new Xenoblade Chronicles game.

The OST feels more atmospheric and intense than in previous games, which fits with its dark science-fiction setting.

I want to start off with this calming, beautiful track that plays when you're running around certain colonies in the daytime. Colonies are the equivalent of towns in XC3, so think of it as one of the main town themes.

The second piece I wanted to highlight is A Life Sent On. This is the fuller version of the piece that Off-Seers play in this game to send off dead soldiers they find on the battlefield. Fun fact: developer Monolith Soft actually created custom flutes from scratch in order to achieve the unique sound they wanted for this haunting piece.

This third track, The Weight of Life, plays during a few, very emotionally intense story moments, and also featured prominently in one of the pre-release trailers for the game.

For the last track, I wanted to highlight a piece of battle music. This theme plays when you fight the game's frightening first boss. Ominous latin chanting is, of course, not new to JRPG soundtracks, but this one is freaky enough that it managed to be memorable.

All of these are featured within the opening hours of the game, so I'm eager to see how the music evolves from here.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@xeofate The official Sonic Frontiers soundtrack will be released in early December. No word on whether it'll be streaming, but I'd imagine that, if you can see the other Sonic soundtracks on there, you'll see it around that time, too. It's six discs and over six hours long, so it'll be a lot to listen to!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Quite randomly I’ve started playing Saints Row 4 and… choons a plenty! So far The Safety Dance - Men in Hats, The Boys are Back in town - Thin Lizzy, Lump - The Presidents of the United States of America, Song 2 - Blur… and the frikkin piece de resistance The Touch - Stan Bush…

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore I believe they didn't have any hats.
I do enjoy a great soundtrack whilst I'm driving around (Mafia 3 and Sleeping Dogs were great, GTA 5 was a bit letdown in this area).
But is the Saints row 4 game any good?

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD Lol you’re so right… and I was so wrong, they were without hats! 🤣

It’s not bad actually. I remember playing through the vast majority of it down my mates house the night of its release and feeling that it destroyed the series (it probably did in fairness) but it’s a decent open-world superhero game as opposed to an open-world crime game which everyone was expecting. I’ve made my guy look like Omni-man from Invincible and have had a fun evening role-playing as an anti-villain.

**** DLC!

Ralizah

Just realized Monolith brought back the lady who sang the ending themes of the Playstation Xeno- games in XC3: Future Redeemed.

VERY cool for those of us who have been playing their games prior to the Xenoblade saga.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

LtSarge

God, I love MGRR so much. Out of all the songs in the game, this is my favourite one purely because of how on point the lyrics are.

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge I swing wildly between a handful of favourites from Revengeance, but 'Collective Consciousness' ends up taking the top spot more often than the others! Excellent choice!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

@RogerRoger I've actually started listening to the majority of the MGRR OST on Spotify while at work. It's honestly the perfect music for me to listen to when I want to focus and not get disturbed by the background noise. It's also the perfect music to listen to while working out, it always gets me so pumped up. Especially when I put on Rules of Nature. It's just too bad The Hot Wind Blowing isn't on Spotify, I really like that one as well.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Oh no, they didn't add the DLC tracks? That's a shame! It might have a terrible title, but 'The Hot Wind Blowing' is another of my top spot candidates.

You're absolutely right, though, it's perfect workout music!

Making It So Since 1987

Sloane

Metal gear solid twin snakes tanker level music I could listen to all day.

Edited on by Sloane

Discussion starter// This is my Twitter now X// Indie Game Dev//

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic