Forums

Topic: Favorite Video Game Music

Posts 161 to 180 of 275

nessisonett

The THPS 1+2 soundtrack is now up on Spotify and it’s about as great/awful as I thought. They’ve added about 30 odd new songs along with the original soundtracks but part of me doesn’t really like the fact they’ve got some recent music. I like that they’ve added some Sublime and ATCQ, they’re bands that should have been in the originals in the first place but I kinda wish they kept the music as nostalgic as possible and only used stuff from the 90s. I mean, come on, Machine Gun Kelly? At least Superman’s in there.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

Disney and EA have (finally!!) released the soundtrack to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Shame that it's only a digital download, as I'd have loved a proper album for my collection, but I'll take anything over the ten months of silence we've had since the game's release.

Credit where it's due, though, as it isn't exactly a bare-bones track listing. There's over three hours of music here, so it's really difficult to pick highlights!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

I'm currently listening to the Dark Souls OST on Youtube. Anyone else here besides @nessisonett and myself a fan of the compositions that lie therein? @nessisonett ,didn't you reckon that half the battle against O&S consists of refusing to be intimidated by their theme?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Ralizah

Just thought I'd post a random Ys VIII track. Awesome OST for an awesome game!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Col_McCafferty

Just seen this thread and it's a topic I'm particularly passionate about. I see a lot of hipster/retro love but my tastes are a tad more obvious.

😉

A lot of love for a number of game scores but there are three games I've played this year that left a big impression on me for a number of reasons including brilliant soundtracks.

Persona 5 and my favourite track of all. I dare you to listen to this and NOT end up bopping your head along with the music!

Death Stranding is next and this is chock-full of some incredibly beautiful and atmospheric music. The main score is definitely worth a listen but it's the tracks from Low Roar that had the biggest impact on me in particular this one.

Then there's The Last of Us Part II. Some wonderful stuff from Mac Quayle but this is one of the best.

And then there's this haunting piece from the master that is Gustavo Santaolalla.

Col_McCafferty

TheFrenchiestFry

The single best Persona battle theme period. In terms of MegaTen as a whole it's only bested by Battle B2 from SMT IV and Fierce Battle from Nocturne in my eyes. So happy that they remixed this and the Revelations battle music for P5's costume DLC and Scramble.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry There’s a severe lack of BABY BABY BABY BABY

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett I like the P3-5 battle themes but honestly moreso in isolation considering how extremely catchy they are. P2's battle themes feel more streamlined and suitable as actual battle music

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

ApostateMage

This cover of Chippin' In from the 2018 gameplay version of Cyberpunk 2077 is great. I think it's a much better song than the Refused one.

ApostateMage

Anti-Matter

My favorite Para Para Paradise song when the arcade machine was still exist long time ago.
It has very enjoyable arrow chart that i oftenly improvized my arms to move in creative directions.
Fortunately, i still able to play this song again on PS2 with Para Para Paradise controller. (video taken from other player's gameplay)

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

HallowMoonshadow

Had to share some of my favourite tracks from Yakuza 0 so far as it has quite a nice variety of styles.

One eyed Slugger (Majima's Slugger style theme) I think has a rule of three in it to go with the whole baseball (bat) theme of the fighting style? It's a pretty cool sounding dubstep track regardless.

Pledge Of Demon Kuze's boss theme is a rock (& techno I think? (I'm terrible at music genres)) track. It's pretty perfect to set the tone of the boss fight, especially the second time you face the character with the absolutely insane/badass intro.

I got to the Caberet club Minigame and... Goddamn this song popping up on the makeover section. It feels like a such a guilty pleasure listening to this but it's so good. I've listened to it far too many times

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Pditty1980

this intro from the original PlayStation game Soul Blade (Soul Edge in the U.S.) from 1997

it still blows me away 24 years later!, otherwise the soundtracks from Spiderman (2018) and Spiderman Miles Morales!

Edited on by Pditty1980

Pditty1980

RogerRoger

Had this beautiful track stuck in my head the past couple days.

It's my latest example of a "didn't notice it at first, certainly wasn't expecting to fall in love with it, but ended up doing so anyway" piece of soundtrack music.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I loved the main menu theme the first few times I heard it. I now find it insanely repetitive which is a shame as it’s a great track.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic