Forums

Topic: Favorite Video Game Music

Posts 181 to 200 of 275

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Agreed. It'd be nice if they alternated between the trilogy's three main themes, maybe based on the last level you played or something (although I feel slightly bad wishing for that, as it does kinda feel like I'm eating a gourmet meal and complaining that the cutlery isn't made of solid gold).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Actually, whilst I'm here, it's worth noting that Hitman soundtracks have always been superb.

Although (despite potential personal bias, since it was the first Hitman game I played) I think it's greatest piece has always been, and still is, the main theme from Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Silent Assassinā€™s theme is indeed fantastic. Plus Ave Maria always brings back memories of Blood Money! 47 Attacks from Blood Money reminds me of how bad I was at the game when I was younger as I used to hear it constantly on account of me being caught šŸ˜‚

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yeah, I feel like "Ave Maria" is probably the most recognisable tune from the series, even if it is technically licenced music! And I'm the same with "47 Detected" from Contracts, because I found that game insanely difficult back in the day.

This is making me want to play them all again. I wonder how much they are on Steam.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Each Steam sale they go for pennies. Contracts is actually the only one I havenā€™t played so Iā€™m definitely picking it up next sale!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett There's a bundle of everything prior to the World of Assassination games up already, which is going for a very reasonable Ā£32, but I have the (rather beautiful) remasters of Blood Money and Absolution on PlayStation, so wouldn't need to duplicate them.

Codename 47 is the gap in my fandom, which is why I'm looking at Steam, I guess. Contracts can get properly brutal, and is one of the series' darkest chapters, so best of luck with it!

Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

I love the main theme for Lost Odyssey. I got stuck on the game for a while and almost gave up on it, but every time I heard this piece of music it reminded me why I loved the game and I ended up not only finishing it, but doing all the side content too.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- Wow, that is rather gorgeous!

Making It So Since 1987

nomither6

this is a banger , short & sweet instrumental with a amazing beat . this is probably my most fav video game tune of all time .

edit - and its from one of the best SF games

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

RogerRoger

@nomither6 From what I've heard of them, Street Fighter games have always had excellent music!

Making It So Since 1987

nomither6

@RogerRoger yeah they have ; some better than others though . this particular character's theme hasn't been topped yet by later remixes in later games , in my opinion.

nomither6

nessisonett

@nomither6 The Street Fighter III soundtrack is an absolute banger. Almost every track on that is just brilliant.

LtSarge

So I've been playing Remember Me the past week and while the game doesn't have the most amazing soundtrack, the menu music has really stuck with me:

It's just so soothing and unique, it's definitely a track that stands out.

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge I do love a nice, subtle bit of menu music. I'm getting Mirror's Edge vibes from that particular piece you've embedded, which is never a bad thing!

Making It So Since 1987

TraCuz-

Edited on by TraCuz-

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

LtSarge

@RogerRoger Now I'm interested in hearing that game's music! Good thing I've got the first Mirror's Edge lined up so I'll be playing it in the foreseeable future.

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Will be very interested to read your thoughts on Mirror's Edge, as and when!

@TraCuz- My word, the Final Fantasy series has some belters, doesn't it? I haven't heard much of the FFVII Remake soundtrack, but that battle theme brings back some memories. I'm glad they decided to directly adapt the original music, rather than compose new tunes.

Making It So Since 1987

TraCuz-

@RogerRoger Yessir Final Fantasy music always hits a special heart string, and that battle theme is one of my favorites in all of gaming.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

RogerRoger

Didn't have the space to champion these elsewhere, but...

Chikayo Fukuda has composed the soundtracks for the entire Ultimate Ninja series. I'll be honest, I was initially dismissive of her work back in the day, but it's really grown on me. The way it can pivot from the madness of the fight sequences towards the calmer, more reflective pieces (whilst retaining the same underlying, instantly recognisable melodies) is genius.

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger did you ever play the plague tale game? I played it recently as part of Pure Xbox game club and absolutely loved the soundtrack to it.

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic