Forums

Topic: Favorite Video Game Music

Posts 181 to 200 of 227

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Had to share some of my favourite tracks from Yakuza 0 so far as it has quite a nice variety of styles.

One eyed Slugger (Majima's Slugger style theme) I think has a rule of three in it to go with the whole baseball (bat) theme of the fighting style? It's a pretty cool sounding dubstep track regardless.

Pledge Of Demon Kuze's boss theme is a rock (& techno I think? (I'm terrible at music genres)) track. It's pretty perfect to set the tone of the boss fight, especially the second time you face the character with the absolutely insane/badass intro.

I got to the Caberet club Minigame and... Goddamn this song popping up on the makeover section. It feels like a such a guilty pleasure listening to this but it's so good. I've listened to it far too many times

I'm currently rather busy with work so apologies in advance if I don't reply to your post til a few days later or seem a little less talkative then usual!

I do appreciate it though!

Pditty1980

this intro from the original PlayStation game Soul Blade (Soul Edge in the U.S.) from 1997

it still blows me away 24 years later!, otherwise the soundtracks from Spiderman (2018) and Spiderman Miles Morales!

Edited on by Pditty1980

Pditty1980

RogerRoger

Had this beautiful track stuck in my head the past couple days.

It's my latest example of a "didn't notice it at first, certainly wasn't expecting to fall in love with it, but ended up doing so anyway" piece of soundtrack music.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I loved the main menu theme the first few times I heard it. I now find it insanely repetitive which is a shame as it’s a great track.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Agreed. It'd be nice if they alternated between the trilogy's three main themes, maybe based on the last level you played or something (although I feel slightly bad wishing for that, as it does kinda feel like I'm eating a gourmet meal and complaining that the cutlery isn't made of solid gold).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Actually, whilst I'm here, it's worth noting that Hitman soundtracks have always been superb.

Although (despite potential personal bias, since it was the first Hitman game I played) I think it's greatest piece has always been, and still is, the main theme from Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Silent Assassin’s theme is indeed fantastic. Plus Ave Maria always brings back memories of Blood Money! 47 Attacks from Blood Money reminds me of how bad I was at the game when I was younger as I used to hear it constantly on account of me being caught 😂

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yeah, I feel like "Ave Maria" is probably the most recognisable tune from the series, even if it is technically licenced music! And I'm the same with "47 Detected" from Contracts, because I found that game insanely difficult back in the day.

This is making me want to play them all again. I wonder how much they are on Steam.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Each Steam sale they go for pennies. Contracts is actually the only one I haven’t played so I’m definitely picking it up next sale!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett There's a bundle of everything prior to the World of Assassination games up already, which is going for a very reasonable £32, but I have the (rather beautiful) remasters of Blood Money and Absolution on PlayStation, so wouldn't need to duplicate them.

Codename 47 is the gap in my fandom, which is why I'm looking at Steam, I guess. Contracts can get properly brutal, and is one of the series' darkest chapters, so best of luck with it!

Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma-

I love the main theme for Lost Odyssey. I got stuck on the game for a while and almost gave up on it, but every time I heard this piece of music it reminded me why I loved the game and I ended up not only finishing it, but doing all the side content too.

Edited on by Bentleyma-

Life is like a box of chocolates... I don't have a box of chocolates either.

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- Wow, that is rather gorgeous!

Making It So Since 1987

nomither6

this is a banger , short & sweet instrumental with a amazing beat . this is probably my most fav video game tune of all time .

edit - and its from one of the best SF games

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

RogerRoger

@nomither6 From what I've heard of them, Street Fighter games have always had excellent music!

Making It So Since 1987

nomither6

@RogerRoger yeah they have ; some better than others though . this particular character's theme hasn't been topped yet by later remixes in later games , in my opinion.

nomither6

nessisonett

@nomither6 The Street Fighter III soundtrack is an absolute banger. Almost every track on that is just brilliant.

LtSarge

So I've been playing Remember Me the past week and while the game doesn't have the most amazing soundtrack, the menu music has really stuck with me:

It's just so soothing and unique, it's definitely a track that stands out.

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge I do love a nice, subtle bit of menu music. I'm getting Mirror's Edge vibes from that particular piece you've embedded, which is never a bad thing!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic