Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 2,454

zupertramp

@nessisonett It does seem to have that aspect to it, right? To me it's literally akin to bragging about not using condoms.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

So Rudy has Covid then?

Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

Any of you received the COVID vaccine yet? How is the vaccine being rolled out over there in the UK and Europe?
Just wondering what we have to look forward to in the US over the next few weeks

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Ok, I had heard it was a limited initial intro of the vaccine; the article there says just 800K for now. I think the US rollout is going to be similar, as far as Healthcare workers and seniors are getting the first crack at it. I seemed to recall there was someone or another on here mentioned they worked in healthcare and so wondered if they got the vaccine yet in this first release.

It is ironic how the vaccine rollout seems to be paralleling the PS5 launch 😄. There is going to be a scarcity of supply for a while unable to meet the demand. (Only I suspect there won’t be hoarding by scalpers of the vaccine to profit off of the secondary market 😅)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution You say that, but there has been warnings that gangs might try to get hold of it and sabotage the transit of the vaccine. Which has been reported of happening with the new consoles too.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

Haptic feedback injections, sign me up!

Octane

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Oy Vey, I hadn’t heard that but, somehow I’m not surprised. Disappointed in humanity, yes — but not surprised. There is no depth to which people will not stoop it seems.

zupertramp

So the vaccines stateside... I suspect insurance covers this but what about the trillion* uninsured in this country... do they just pay out of pocket or are these things free?

*So it's not actually a trillion but i don't have time to be hunting down the actual figures, I just know it's a lot of people.

Edited on by zupertramp

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp Depends if there’s full scale civil war by then!

zupertramp

@nessisonett it's looking far less likely now (civil war that is) but I won't feel at ease until inauguration day goes off without issue.

Th3solution

@zupertramp I don’t know about the coverage of the vaccine over here, but I assume it will somehow be subsidized eventually. I think I saw something in an article somewhere about one of the companies (Pfizer maybe?) not charging for it. That article linked by Johnny had an internal link:
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55228422
that I followed to an article about the Oxford vaccine and it had a nice table at the bottom which shows comparisons to some of the different vaccines coming out and their cost per dose. At $20 per dose, I sure hope some entity (the government or otherwise) will pick up the cost in order to save the hundreds of thousands of dollars that a single critical care hospitalization would cost the system.

nessisonett

@Th3solution Well Trump is trying to strongarm the vaccine companies into prioritising the US which, y’know, isn’t how it works. I wouldn’t hold your breath on getting the vaccine until a certain event in January.

Th3solution

@nessisonett A certain event in January?.... Oh, you mean the Super Bowl? 😜

nessisonett

@Th3solution If the Jets win a single game then the world will be saved, I predict that.

Th3solution

@nessisonett The Jets only hope for winning is if COVID strikes all their future opponents and so they have to forfeit and the Jets win by default

Sorry, this topic has been locked.