Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,716

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore I'd be interested in your thoughts on Chicory as I bought it as something a bit different after @kidfried had enjoyed it so much. It was actually much more of a fun puzzler/platformer than I was expecting but trying to actually draw using the controller is a nightmare!

A reasonable platinum too but very annoying trying to find all the collectibles at the end.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho yeah I'll be sure to tag you when I get around to it. Heard a lot of good things... and I'm starting to really like the diverse offerings from the indies, so I'm looking forward to trying it.

**** DLC!

Kidfried

@Thrillho One of the reasons I liked Chicory so much is that it made it actually appealing to me to be creative. I felt proud of my ugly amateurish paintings, and the more I saw my own work, the more I started to appreciate them (and my own skills) as well.

I think there's a message there about art and creation that is so important.

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Kidfried I have to admit that I just gave up trying to do anything worthwhile in the art classes as it was kind of sad to see these awful painting of mine scattered around the world

That said, I did make an effort for my self portrait which came out okay.

Untitled

I also thought the boss fights were really well done and quite stylish. It wasn't something I had been expecting at all from the game.

Thrillho

Thrillho

@Kidfried Thanks! I found it very odd they never gave you black to work with. And I actually laughed at some of the complex pictures they tried to get you to copy in those art classes.

Thrillho

render

Just spent way more than I should of in that game awards sale. Bought It Takes Two, RE8, Mass Effect LE and Kena. Still got to finish GotG as well so I’d better get cracking.

render

JohnnyShoulder

@render It will be interesting to see what you think of Kena, after you have played Demon’s Souls as some of the bosses can be quite tough!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

render

@JohnnyShoulder I’m interested in how they compare as I’ve heard others say that this game can be quite difficult, even on normal. I’m torn as to what to play next but think I might go for Kena before I start ME, which might take me a while to get through 😀

render

JohnnyShoulder

@render There was only on or two bosses I recall really struggling with, the rest were OK. I suppose the combat was bit like the Souls games, but come to think of it I wouldn't say it was a souls-like, or whatever naff label some put on em these days.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@render I'd definitely go with Kena first as it's not too long. It's mostly the boss battles that are difficult - it's not an exaggeration. They're definitely doable but there was literally only one boss fight I managed to beat on my first try (interestingly, it was the one I saw some mention as one of the most difficult).

Voltan

render

@JohnnyShoulder @Voltan Looks like I’m in for a fun challenge then. I do like a good boss battle though so glad to hear that there are some good ones even if they are only loosely souls like 😀

render

GoodGame

@RogerRoger It's actually a very nice game. Not too challenging, but a little tricky in some areas. You'll love it

Current Level - 55

PSN: wR_sixtee6

Adem87

Can anyone confirm that the physical copy of the GTA Trilogy remastered will be released for the PS5 as well or just for the PS4?
thanks

anyone?

Adem87

Voltan

@Adem87 I don't think so and apparently the PS4 version can't be upgraded on PS5 either!

Voltan

BAMozzy

My latest purchase was R&C: Rift Apart that I picked up brand new on Ebay. Also bought the Red DS5 as I can't stand White controllers/consoles...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

KilloWertz

@BAMozzy Well, I guess we know what color cover you're going for next year...

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

BAMozzy

@KilloWertz The Red covers do look good and would be in keeping with my longe colour scheme (mostly Red/Black) but the 'cost' of those seem extortionate so I am seriously considering buying a spray can to cover the 'white'. Its a LOT easier to spray paint those as they are removable where as on the controller, I'd need to be 'very' careful either taking it apart to spray the plastic parts or very careful with masking and protecting the parts that you don't want to get paint on.

It doesn't make sense to me to spend as much on two plastic covers as I would on a game or Controller so I lost all enthusiasm for Sony's own 'official' covers. I know they maybe losing money on each console sold, but ripping off their users is wrong and makes me consider alternatives - like spraying them, buying some 3rd Party alternatives, wait until they end up on Ebay or significantly reduced in a sale. The Mark-up must be 'huge' for Sony!!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

RogerRoger

GoodGame wrote:

@RogerRoger It's actually a very nice game. Not too challenging, but a little tricky in some areas. You'll love it

Mind if I ask which game you're referring to? Because I've discussed three in recent pages!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic