Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,723

Th3solution

@Voltan Somehow I knew you’d pull the trigger. 😄
The way you’ve been ploughing through games lately, I’m sure it’s money well spent. Let us know how you get along with it!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution I was always going to get it, just not necessarily this soon. It’s going to be a lot of time spent in practice mode lol

Voltan

Ypmud

So I'm in the foray of having a PS5 now, so far purchased Ratchet and Clank and also Spiderman Ultimate edition so far so good with what I am seeing, Ratchet is something else and as for Spiderman remastered wooooowwwww, I also have upgrades on Star wars Jedi Fallen order and also Crash 4.

So far so good

Any suggestions on what to get next ?

Ypmud

PSN: ypmud

Voltan

@Ypmud A few of us here would definitely recommend Returnal, provided you make sure you know what you're getting into
Same thing about Demon's Souls, probably.

Voltan

Ypmud

God I looked at Returnal and it scares the crap out of me just how hard its going to be, may have to be logical and say not quite yet, same for Demon Souls
I fancy getting Control as I havent played it yet and also heard great things about it

Ypmud

PSN: ypmud

JohnnyShoulder

@Ypmud Don't forget Astro's Playroom, which comes free with the console. Brilliant little game.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@Ypmud Control is great, one of the best games I played last year… and in the running for my top 10 games of last gen. Having said that, even though I’m yet to play Returnal, I have a feeling It could well end up being one of my favourites of this gen when all is said and done. Although it’s a totally different type of game, the reactions from the general gaming fraternity seems to be similar to the way Bloodborne hit the scene back in the early PS4 days. If my backlog wasn’t out of control, it would be the next game I’d boot up for sure.

**** DLC!

KilloWertz

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Integrade. I know some will think I'm crazy for buying it all over again even though I already have it on PS4 and beat it, but I have mediocre internet at best and it would take several overnight download sessions while I'm asleep to download it all (I can usually get around 25 GB or so downloaded overnight). That and it technically only cost $55 since it's $15 for the DLC.

This is also in a way praising how nice it is to install games on the PS5 from discs. It took me roughly 50-60 minutes to install the whole game from disc since it's all on there, and then I just had to download the DLC. Since Sony chose to use UHDs for the PS5, it's a nice convenience having the whole large game on a disc if I ever had to install it again for whatever reason.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

JohnnyShoulder

@KilloWertz That is a good point and something I had totally forgotten about in regards to the UHD discs. Larger games last gen that came on two discs would be able to fit in the one disc. A small convenience gain maybe, but still a gain nonetheless.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@KilloWertz @JohnnyShoulder I had no idea the PS5 discs were any different in their storage capacity. I must have missed that. Ironic since the PS5 game file sizes do tend to be a little smaller than the PS4 games due to lack of needing to have duplicate files since the SSD is so fast.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KilloWertz

@JohnnyShoulder A gain, yes. An even bigger gain would be games that wouldn't fit on one disc now do so you don't have to download anything but if there's a patch. At least most games. There were games that did include the data disc, like The Last of Us Part 2, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and Red Dead Redemption 2, but that was not the norm for everything.

@Th3solution Do they need to put the Ultra HD logo on the discs bigger?

Just messing with you of course, but it's still helpful even though file sizes are smaller overall. Much less chance of having to download anything but a patch for games now, making it quicker to install and convenient if you have to re-install it for whatever reason.

Th3solution

@KilloWertz I’m a little dense sometimes. 😂
And now that I think of it, I guess I did know that but I just haven’t thought about it. I really need to test out watching some 4K UHD movie discs. I don’t own any, but it’s part of the reason I got the disc version of the console to have that option.

KilloWertz

@Th3solution It's all good. It also depends on how many physical games you have or if you lean more towards digital. I try to have the physical copies of new games at least for the already mentioned convenience of installing.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your PSN ID? I don't really play multiplayer games much anymore, but still don't mind having more active people on my friends lists. Or if you don't want to post it, feel free to add me.

Edited on by KilloWertz

RogerRoger

Just pre-ordered Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut. Not sure if I'll start it right away, given that Sonic Colours Ultimate will be released shortly thereafter, but I figured I'd secure a copy and free myself from the self-imposed "oh, I'll get it someday" feedback loop I've been trapped in since it launched the first time.

I was also gonna grab Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, but I'm hesitating for some reason.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger Do it. You know you want to....

In all seriousness, if you've been a fan of Ratchet & Clank, you should highly enjoy Rift Apart. It is a really good game.

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I look forward to your use of the Ghost photo mode! (which reminds me to put my final shots in the thread..)

I've just gone from Ghost to Ratchet and Clank and it's a wonderful game so far and looks utterly fantastic. The photo mode from that is pretty much lifted from Miles Morales so is an equally fun one to play around with. But if you've got other stuff to play first then there's no rush to pick it up unless you find a good deal.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@KilloWertz @Thrillho Thanks for the Ratchet encouragement, folks. I think my problem is that the PS4 remake was my first experience with the franchise (outside of a small handful of PS2 demo discs back in the day). I played it "free" on PS Plus, got its platinum and enjoyed doing so, but nothing about it really took hold in my memory, to the point where I can't recall many specifics about it right now.

I'm sure it was super-awesome for fans, and I'm sure I'll love Rift Apart whenever I get around to it, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth its sticker price for me personally. Plus I have other cartoonish, anthropomorphic mascot platformers lined up, like the aforementioned Sonic game.

But hearing yet more praise for it helps, and ensures it's a question of when, not if.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger No point in grabbing Rift Apart rn if you're not craving it. It'll 100% dip significantly in price over time.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Thanks, yeah. Might even become another PS Plus game before I get around to it, given the fact that I've got a healthy backlog which could last me a good couple of years yet.

My recent experience with Shenmue reinforces the "get it when you're ready to play it" attitude you're rightly advocating. I got those remasters at launch, in August 2018, for full price. The box sat sealed on my shelf for almost eighteen months and then, after playing the first game, I waited another eighteen months to play the second. In all that time, I've seen it dip as low as a tenner.

Rift Apart is less of a curiosity, and less of a risk, but it's not going anywhere. Cheers!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Yep, I'm trying not to stockpile games so much these days too, and only buy games when I'm ready to play them soonish. I've got enough games in my backlog which have I have not even touched, so makes no sense to me to buy anything if I'm not gonna play it for ages.

It's not like these games are gonna dissappear suddenly (well, unless you wait over 10 years), and the prices will only go down.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic