Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,713

KilloWertz

@Th3solution Way to forget to send a friends request... lol

@RogerRoger Makes sense. While it is a great game, if you aren't going to play it anytime soon, then there's no rush. Just don't forget it.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Thrillho

@RogerRoger The reboot game is my only experience of the series too and I only played it this year but loved it.

I only picked it up because of one of the deals I posted about when it was released. However, I would say that, along with Returnal and Astro, it's one of the few dedicated PS5 games and one that shows off what the console can do so it's worth it from that perspective in my opinion.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I think the very small handful of de-listing horror stories, as well as price escalation on some rare physical releases, can have a big impact on some gamers (myself included) but it depends on each individual case. I sincerely doubt Rift Apart is suddenly gonna disappear from all shelves and get itself pulled from the PlayStation Store before I've whittled down enough my backlog.

@KilloWertz Oh, I won't forget, thanks! It's on several regularly-updated wishlists!

@Thrillho That's good to hear, thanks, and yes, I am kinda missing a "killer app" for my PS5. I'm hoping that the extra work being done to Ghost of Tsushima will help it feel revelatory for newcomers like me, even if the double-dippers aren't as blown away. If not, that's when my restraint might snap!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@Th3solution It's fine. It was just a reminder since I figured you just forgot for one reason or another. And I'll accept it when I get on later. It's not like I get very many random adds on PSN.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution If you go to that person's profile (which you should already be at if you are sending then a friend request), there should be the message icon (which is two speech bubbles) that you can use to send them a message.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

Ratchet & Clank: A Rift Apart

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Kidfried

I don't know what else to say. I saw I had some money left before my next paycheck is coming in, so I spent it on Ratchet. And I haven't played a minute yet!

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I've got a feeling you are gonna love it!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder I hope so too! I have always loved and enjoyed the series, even the games people consider the 'bad ones'.

Kidfried

Voltan

@Kidfried I only played the PS4 one before this but I've seen a bit of the older games and I get why some people are disappointed with the slight change of tone (the humor being less "spicy", I guess) and Rift Apart follows that, definitely being on the "family friendly" side - but at the same time they really improved on the "cinematic storytelling" in their games (I suppose making the Spider-Man games helped a lot).

Tl;dr it might be the best one as long as you're not hung up on the lack of butt jokes

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

KilloWertz

@Kidfried If you don't enjoy it, you should be forced to sell your PS5!

Seriously though, it'd be a pretty big shock if you didn't. It is indeed a really good game and one of the best of the series. It being more "family friendly" doesn't hurt it.

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Hope you enjoy; looking forward to reading your thoughts!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@KilloWertz @Voltan R&C 2016 already decreased the amount of butt jokes and I was fine with that. I think the game is more adult friendly without the juvenile jokes, if I have to be honest.

And you can always call the game 'ripped a fart' if that's your thing!

Nah, I fully expect to adore it. I have seen some people being disappointed, because they expected GOTY material. I don't really expect Rift Apart to be better than Returnal.

Kidfried

Voltan

@Kidfried You're gonna love it then.
It definitely has some areas where it's better than Returnal but overall I wouldn't put it above it either. Still one of the best games this year though.

> game is more adult friendly without the juvenile jokes
this is a good point actually

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Thrillho

@Kidfried Lol at “ripped a fart”.

I’ve almost finished it and I’ve really enjoyed it. I kind of wish there was a trophy for playing challenge mode as I’d love to replay it but have no real urge to do so.

It’s a gorgeous game though and makes good use of the dualsense controller too.

Thrillho

Voltan

I bought the season pass for GG Strive 🤷‍♂️

Voltan

hypnotoad

I may have said this before - but DeathLoop.
Really looking forward to this.
And not much longer to go.

hypnotoad

Col_McCafferty

I checked the sale and saw Control Ultimate Edition was only £13.19 so went for it. I did add it to my library when it was released on Plus but I only had a PS4 at the time and for some reason it wasn't possible to upgrade it to the PS5 version, at least I wasn't given any options and the date of release was last year.

That sucks but really I don't mind paying £13 for it especially as there are a few titles on the PS5 Plus Collection that I'd like to play at some point or replay in the case of Arkham Knight.

Col_McCafferty

Th3solution

@Col_McCafferty Ah, man - what a gem Control UE is. Definitely a great one to experience the PS5 version. That’s a good investment.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Scarlet Nexus and Outriders… and Nier - Replicant (PS4) for just over £90.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic