Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,716

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution The store on PS5 is so much better than the one on PS4. It actually works for one and doesn't crawl to a halt whenever you tried to do something like play a trailer. It got off to a shakey start with missing features like deals section but it seems to be fully functioning now. I don't use the app on my phone/tablet as much now as I find the store on PS5 a bit easier to navigate.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

Th3solution wrote:

[Okay Remedy — Where’s my commission cheque for the sales job?] 😜@RogerRoger

@Th3solution Keep this up and pretty soon, you'll be able to afford to simply buy us all a copy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

TraCuz-

@JohnnyShoulder Speaking on the topic of PS Store, I can't find a section for profile avatars on the PS5 or the mobile app, have you had this issue?

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

JohnnyShoulder

@TraCuz- I've just changed mine as it happens. I went into Profile - Edit Profile (the pencil icon) and the Avatar. I think some new ones have been added, but not looked for ages so could be just forgetting.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

TraCuz-

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah that's where you go to edit your avatars but I mean going to the store to get new ones, seems absent on PS5 and mobile app, but still available on PS4.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

JohnnyShoulder

@TraCuz- Pass, it is not something I've looked for, and just used ones that are already there where I said before. They do add new ones in there periodically.

Th3solution

@TraCuz- Yeah, that’s a good point — I’ve not seen avatars on the PS5 storefront, but haven’t really looked. They are nowhere to be found on the app.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Arugula I like how seamless it is and functions right off the main screen rather than having to load and lag like the PS4 store. But yeah, it’s kinda visually busy and feels more like you’re being shown what they want you to buy. It’s why I like the app. There is still the games that pop up front and center, but within a few clicks I’m where I want to be. And typing something on my phone is quicker than with a controller, and it boots up in 2 seconds, even the PS5 can’t do that. Just unfortunate that there are no avatars or themes, etc. I’d like to see the app expand a little and have a few things from the console, like for example my playtimes by each game I’ve played, like the console does.
Typing in to search is fast, but the search function will only search game titles, so I can’t type in “Kojima” and see all games he’s produced, for example. But I think that’s an issue across all versions of the store.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Arugula Sorry, I’m booked for that day. Final Fantasy VIIR part 2 releases that week.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula @Th3solution I think the reason there are no items like avatars etc is that it cluttered up the storefront and a lot of people did not like it. And PS5 doesn't support themes at the mo so that is why they aren't anywhere to be seen. I can't bear to use the store on PS4, half the time it fails to load up or so sluggish to use. I'm comparing the app and the store on PS5, they both look very similar. Maybe an advert or two (for video games) on the one for PS5 but that is it? 🤷‍♂️

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I guess what I’m thinking of is that messy “Explore” heading that you pass through on the way to the store. Once you get to the store, then it’s pretty intuitive and similar to the app (but yeah, I’m getting hit over the head by huge World of Warships Legends and Rogue Company ads in the PS5 store but not on the app) but what is the deal with that “Explore” tab? Sheesh, it’s just a mishmash of ads disguised as “Official news from PlayStation”, ‘how to’ videos about Share Factory, Live broadcasts and “Popular user videos of games you follow” garbage. It’s literally looks like the visual manifestations of a migraine headache.

Voltan

@Th3solution I forget that tab even exists. It doesn't on my console (I think it's a region thing - not there if you're in the EU). I do have the news thing in the control bar though.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I think you may need to see a doctor if you are having that kind of reaction to it.

Th3solution

@Arugula Oooh, look! Uno Fenyx Quest is only $4.99!

@JohnnyShoulder Nah, I just close my eyes when I scroll past that section. 😜

@Voltan Interesting. So is the Explore tab there but just nothing pops up when you go to it?
A lot of the flotsam under that tab is due to the games I own (which is like 300+, most of which are PS+ freebies that I’ll never play so have no interest in what the latest Twitch streamer is broadcasting about it) and follow. I unfollowed a bunch when the added that function on the last update and it cleaned it up a little, but I think I just need to unfollow all games and see what happens.

And of course you all know I’m being hyperbolic. It isn’t that annoying. Overall I really enjoy my PS5. But I do see some issues that could be made better hopefully in the future for the store and the whole UI.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @Voltan I don't have an Explore tab either.

What you are describing Sol sounds like either the Browse tab within the store, the Game Library tab on the home screen, or what comes up when you press the PS button.

Yeah it really isn't that bad. There are small nitpicks here and there and improvements to be made, just like it there was with PS4.

The way some people are going on almost make like they are going to dump the console in the bin. 😂

hypnotoad

Metro Exodus and Alex Kidd pre-ordered for PS5.

hypnotoad

hypnotoad

hypnotoad wrote:

Metro Exodus and Alex Kidd pre-ordered for PS5.

Oh and the official charging dock.

hypnotoad

Gamer83

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, no way I wasn't going to get this on day one.

Gamer83

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic