Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,716

RogerRoger

@flummerfelt Chalk up another welcome, as well as another warm reception for Astro's Playroom. I hope that, whatever you pick to play next, you enjoy it!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Bought Immortals Fenix Rising for 5p under 20 quid from Amazon. I played the demo the other day and wasn't actually blown away by it, but there was enough there to warrant a purchase.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Bolainas

I got my Ps5 not so long ago on May 13 and my first game it's Spiderman Miles Morales

Bolainas

Thrillho

I finally picked up Yakuza: Like a Dragon in the sale.

I still have Y6 to get through first though..

Thrillho

BearsEatBeets

I've just foolishly got Resident Evil Village (with a snazzy Lenticular sleeve). With R&C and the PS5 upgrade for FFVIIR (which I got awhile ago but held of for the upgrade) rapidly approaching as well as the fact I'm still playing through the Mass Effect LE, I'm doing a great job of building up my backlog again.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

hypnotoad

Pre-ordered Ratchet...obviously.
Deathloop as well.

hypnotoad

Voltan

I just realized I will be in the studio all weekend (and a few days more) starting on the 12th, so I'll hardly have time to play any Ratchet and will miss all the E3 streams šŸ˜©

Voltan

themcnoisy

Out of the loop a touch, but I just downloaded Monster Hunter World. Beat 2 missions and would like to run a bit with a fellow hunter. Anyone up for it? (It's pretty good and well worth a go for anyone on the fence)

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Thrillho

Control: Ultimate Edition seeing as itā€™s under Ā£20 in the sale. Hopefully itā€™s actually the right edition after downloading the PS4 version when it was on Plus!

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@themcnoisy hey bud, I have been wanting to play MHW (& Iceborne) and I know that there are a couple of co-op requirements for the platinum trophy. If you donā€™t mind waiting a bit I can play it later this year (if you just want to play it now though, no problem at all)?

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

themcnoisy

@colonelkilgore will play it later in the year for sure!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

colonelkilgore

@themcnoisy awesome, I had a few hours on it at release but couldnā€™t get into it for whatever reason but Iā€™ve heard since (again and again) just how bloody good a game it actually is. So, I want to give it a proper go next time so I can understand what Iā€™ve been missing:

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Arugula did you play FFVIIR on PS4 or will Intergrade be your first play-through?

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Arugula ahh cool, i never played the original but a mate (massive FF fan) coaxed me into playing the remake (& FFXV) during lockdown last year. I loved it on my normal run but I probably shouldnā€™t have gone straight onto my hard play through as it became a total slog. Still, I canā€™t wait for part 2.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@Arugula @colonelkilgore Do we know if the Yuffie DLC is integrated into the flow of the game or will it be a whole separate thing selectable from the start up menu? Is it supposed to be post-game content?

I havenā€™t played the PS4 version yet (despite buying it a long time ago); once I read that Intergrade was coming, I moved it down the list to wait to play with the PS5 upgrades. But Iā€™m wondering if I should invest in the DLC up front or wait to play the game through and confirm that itā€™s worth the extra $20. Iā€™m not typically a DLC guy, and even with games I liked I usually donā€™t participate in DLC unless itā€™s part of a GOTY edition or Complete Edition. Something about paying for extra content in a game always seems scummy to me, like itā€™s been carved out and they are tricking us into paying extra for the actual intended game.
And I donā€™t mind the higher game prices (Iā€™ve been vocal about my consent for the $70 price increase) but at least be up front with me. Donā€™t try to trick me into paying $80 for a $60 game.
Anyways, that turned into a bit of an unintended rant, but anyways, the Yuffie DLC does seem different in that itā€™s clearly been specifically designed for the PS5 and is not a nefarious cash grab ā€œcarve outā€. So Iā€™m leaning towards getting it, but was wondering if anyoneā€™s heard how it fits in.
(And yes I did play the original PS1 game years ago and know the base story of Yuffieā€™s inclusion in the original, but the word on the street is the remake takes plenty of liberties with the original storyline.)

@Thrillho Awesome! Glad to see youā€™re getting what is my favorite PS5 game Iā€™ve played so far (out of five šŸ˜‚) But seriously, even including PS4 games itā€™s among my favorite over the last couple years. That price is a steal given the smoother experience and improved graphical fidelity over the PS4 version, and included DLC (see above šŸ˜…) which is about 6-8 hours of quality content and pretty seamlessly woven into the quirky but fascinating narrative. Itā€™s a missed opportunity for you with the PS+ flub, which was easy to miss out on and accidentally only claim the PS4 version, but all things considered itā€™s a great collection to actually ā€œownā€ in your library anyways.

[Okay Remedy ā€” Whereā€™s my commission cheque for the sales job?] šŸ˜œ@RogerRoger

Edited on by Th3solution

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

Th3solution

@Arugula Iā€™m sure the reviews will clarify it for us in coming days, but Iā€™m just curious. If it is a well woven integrated expansion then Iā€™ll more likely pick it up before starting my playthrough.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution looks like @Arugula has you covered on the Intergrade dlc question... i honestly didnā€™t know either way anyway. Itā€™s a great game (well the PS4 version is, so Intergrade undoubtedly will also be) and playing it as late as you will be playing it will only have the bonus for you of not having to wait as long as most people to play part 2.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@Arugula @colonelkilgore Cheers for the info, Iā€™ll probably wait to buy it then, just in case I hate the game (small chance of that) and just enjoy my ā€œfreeā€ Intergrade enhanced playthrough.

Edited on by Th3solution

Thrillho

@Th3solution Yeah, I was pretty pleased when it came to Plus and then pretty miffed to find out you had to jump through hoops to get the right version. But itā€™s one Iā€™ve wanted to play for a while and a game that looks like it would benefit from the little additions the PS5 version comes with so Iā€™m not too upset at having to pay Ā£20.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho I almost exclusively do my dealings with the PS store on the app now. Firstly, it seems to run smoother and easier than the PS4 storefront. And it means I can make purchases or claim PS Plus titles across all consoles in one place. And for the four months or so during my search for a PS5 I was able to stockpile the PS5 Plus games into my library ahead of time. Anyways, the app is a good option to utilize if you havenā€™t before. For some reason the PS Plus isnā€™t immediately obvious to get to, but itā€™s under ā€œsubscriptionsā€ on the toolbar.

As far as Control Ultimate Edition, when you go to download it, strangely it downloads both the PS4 version and the PS5 version. It confused me at first, especially since I wasnā€™t accustomed to the PS5ā€™s weird way of not being obvious about which version of a game youā€™re playing or downloading. So to be sure I was playing the correct PS5 version each time and to save hard drive space, I just deleted the PS4 version. I have no idea why it downloads both automatically (or at least it did for me). And the PS5 version is actually a smaller file if I recall correctly.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic