Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 741 to 760 of 3,537

RogerRoger

@Voltan Oh, has it been? Then I withdraw the underlying snark of my previous reply; it must be something specific to the way Ghost of Tsushima works, and not a tacit acknowledgement of a manufacturing shortcut. Must be a deadzone thing, yeah. Perhaps at one point, the game was gonna use the analogue sticks for sword-swinging, like in MGS2: Sons of Liberty and the Skyward Sword remaster? Because then any amount of drift would've rendered the game unplayable.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@RogerRoger I googled - it wasn't there at launch but they added it in August last year - roughly a month after release. I believe I was done with the game by then.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Voltan Interesting; must've been patched in to address a specific issue, then. Thanks for investigating!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@RogerRoger Yeah, I actually found a bunch of reddit posts about this from the launch window. Some comments of people kind of convinced the slow walking forward was by design, because it always worked like that for them. Interestingly, it seems to always be the same direction - forward and forward-left motions are affected, while tilting the stick a bit to the right "fixes" it. Anyways, the compensation option does work fine and doesn't cause any problems with the other controller that didn't have this problem.

Voltan

Voltan

Finally made it to Iki. Let’s see what the big deal is

Voltan

Herculean

Deathloop! ➿

I don't yet know whether this is a great game or not. But I am intrigued.

Herculean

Voltan

Ok, so apparently you can get all Iki trophies over a weekend, which I just did. Good expension.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to complete any of the Wind Shrines, as they require specific equipement which I didn't have, having started a new game rather than using my old save.
I still haven't touched the Legends mode but I think I have to move on to other games

Edit: I decided to give Demon's Souls a try since I had the disc laying around
Played for about 1.5h and slayed the Phalanx demon. No idea what to do next

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan so with Demon's Souls there is kind of an 'agreed' order of which you tackle the game (& its not necessarily 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 2-2 etc.) but a lot of the fun during your first run is finding your own path.

My suggestion would be, everytime you feel that you've hit a wall... to try another Arch Stone 😉

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore So far my impressions are that it’s indeed a very pretty PS3 game
Bluepoint definitely did an amazing job updating the presentation but you can tell the gameplay is from another era. It’s more of an observation than a complaint though.

Anyways, so far it seems a little more approachable than Bloodborne, which I never got into. It could just be the 60fps

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan ahh fair enough, I havent played the Remake yet (have it pencilled in for October). The original was the first souls-like I played so will always hold a special place for me. It probably is one of the easiest (if not the easiest) of the Fromsoft souls-likes, as I think the difficulty has kinda increased incrementally with each new game they produce.

Hopefully you'll start to 'feel' it a bit more as you sink a few more hours into it 👍.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

render

@Voltan I quite enjoyed finding my way through this game on the first play through. The fact that you can always go and try something else rather than being completely stuck is great. I think there were only a few bosses that I struggled with and generally most of them seem quite straight forward.

I actually tried Bloodborne out the other day just to see what it was like and was really surprised with how dated it looked. It's one of those games like DeS which would be great to have a remaster and seems to be the more popular game out of the two.

render

Voltan

@colonelkilgore @render
Bloodborne was the only FromSoft game I've tried before and I didn't get far it it. I did like the general aesthetic but it didn't click (not in the short time I gave it, anyway) - and the only game in the genre unless you count Fallen Order (I know some do but I'm not sure I agree).
This guy from work had the DS PS5 disc and already finished it, so I figured I could give it a shot. So far my understanding is that the game is mostly about getting familiar with enemy placement and their move sets until you can progress to a point where you unlock a shortcut (and then you can start learning the next section). I also understand that in case I feel underpowered, I should be able to repeat any section to farm souls and upgrade that way.
I was able to defeat the first demon without any upgrades, so that wasn't too bad (to be fair, I knew I was supposed to use fire from some video I've seen ages ago - not sure if I'd have a great time if I didn't)

My one complaint so far is that there doesn't seem to be a way to compare items to your current loadout while shopping. Or am I missing something?
Also the amount of different stats is a little overwhelming for someone who's not that much into RPGs but that's a "me" problem

There's a reference to Bloodborne on Iki island in Ghost, so I think Sony will do something with it at some point.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan there is a lot to take in, in terms of character and weapon stats to be fair. My advice would be to try a few different weapon types (& even give magic a go) and once you find something that 'feels' nice, upgrade your personal stats to reflect the requirements of the weapon you like.

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore That makes sense. I started with the Hunter class and the axe I was given doesn't seem bad at all. The bow feels weird to use but it's definitely useful in some situations.
I'll definitely try some other weapons later. I already found some big-ass sword that I'm only able to use with both hands for now

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@velio84 yeah Demon Prince was quite tough... the bosses after were even tougher though tbh.

**** DLC!

render

@Voltan I didn't realise you had to use fire on Phalanx (for some reason totally missed the hints) and it took me ages to take it down. Not ages as in loads of deaths but ages as it I was fighting that thing for what felt like 20 minutes

I started with a temple knight class and ended up totally changing my build in the end. I found a really cool sword, swapped my spear for it and never looked back. Adding in some magic and a bit of dexterity for the bow and I found that most things could be take down quite easily. I say easily as I still racked up a ton of deaths but it was mainly all stupid mistakes with timing etc.

I did find the fact that you couldn't compare stats quite annoying as well. You eventually get used to working without it though.

@velio84 I grabbed all the DS games when they were going cheap but haven't started any of them yet. I'll have to take a look when I've got some time. I've heard other people saying that DeS was the easiest out of all of them though.

render

johncalmc

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla and it's my favourite Assassin's Creed ever. This is not spectacular praise coming from me as I think that Assassin's Creed as a series is most useful as a cautionary tale rather than a how to, but regardless, Valhalla has finally usurped Black Flag as my favourite of the bunch. I think I'm biased on this one because I like vikings, and I also like pirates and Black Flag was previously my favourite so that would make sense.

But also I think they've done a good job of simplifying the combat and making it less annoying than in previous entries, as well as minimising the amount of time spent in the modern setting - two major issues I've always had with the series. They seem to have reduced the busywork. They've got a good lead. And a good story for once. Honestly, if this wasn't an Assassin's Creed, and they didn't have to tie it in with the rest of the series it could have been even better.

Anyway, I'm glad they've finally got the Assassin's Creed series nailed right before they switch to an always online live service model.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Uncharted2007

I'm a good 8-9 hours into Judgment and really enjoying it.

Uncharted2007

Col_McCafferty

Getting into Control quite a bit now. That AWE DLC is creepy as hell, that Hartman creature is something else. It's quite hard at times but not impossible, just need to evade better and use a combination of weapons and powers. That Surge gun is quickly becoming my favourite.

How big is this game? I have a growing list of missions and side quests, it's quite overwhelming. Don't think I've even started the Foundation DLC either!

Edited on by Col_McCafferty

Col_McCafferty

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic