Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 721 to 740 of 3,564

Thrillho

@Voltan @render I’m also really enjoying Ili Island.

Luckily I didn’t finish the main game too long ago so I got back into it relatively quickly. It’s interesting that they must have slight alterations to dialogue in the DLC as I’ve had some references to end game stuff and it’s accessible before then.

I really like the one armour set on the island as the unique abilities make it quite different to play with. The three alternate armour cosmetics from the shrines on the island are quite cool too.

Thrillho

render

@Thrillho @Voltan I bet it's a load easier if you come off the back of playing it so soon. I got really good at parrying and the standoffs but now I'm constantly making mistakes on both of those, especially the parrying where the enemy has a spear. I can imagine that must have been a challenge to retrofit the DLC into the rest of the game where you could play it before you finish the game. I've been playing in Japanese with subtitles and I don't think I've really noticed the new lip sync stuff on cut scenes, but then I don't think I noticed it not being right before so that's no surprise.

I don't think I've got a new armour set so that's going to be cool when I get that. Do you guys tend to stick with one armour set all the time? I've been going backwards and forwards between three different sets so far, the Traveller Attire, Gosaku's, and Tadayori's with different perks on each one. It's great being able to switch but I wish there was a quicker way than diving into the menu's, unless there is a way and I don't know it.

render

MightyDemon82

@render that's as far as I got, importing my save and got mauled by Mongols, to be continued soon for sure though. I picked up both The Stick of Truth and The Fractured but Whole in the recent sale in a double pack for under £15, it may still be on if your interested in some turn based fun with the good old south park humour.

MightyDemon82

Thrillho

@render The new armour is from one of the two mythic quests. Both well worth doing!

As for armour;

Travellers for exploring
Sakai (or the new one) for combat
Ghost for sneaking

That said, I’ve recently been using the fundoshi more for sneaking as it makes me laugh and the fact you make no sound when running is quite handy.

Thrillho

Thrillho

@render And yes, I also find it annoying that there’s no way of selecting favourite sets to quickly flick between. At least they introduced loadouts for your charms!

Thrillho

render

@MightyDemon82 That sounds like my first experience back. Loaded it straight up and was in the middle of a mogul camp. Thanks "past me" for not thinking about this sort of situation.

@Thrillho I'll definitely be doing everything available on Iki so will hopefully be picking that up soon. Made me laugh about the fundoshi, that's one brave choice 🤣

render

Thrillho

@render The fundoshi works well with the mask I unlocked on the island.

Untitled

Thrillho

render

@Thrillho That's hilarious. I'm pretty sure that if someone were to approach me dressed like that I would turn and run the other way 😂

render

Voltan

Voltan wrote:

I encountered a curious bug in Ghost of Tsushima DC. Whenever I’d push the left stick forward, Jin would only walk slowly and not jog. Pushing it diagonally for a second would allow him to speed up to the expected pace. Switching controllers didn’t fix it, restarting the game did.

I am now thinking this is controller related. It's weird that switching to the other controller doesn't fix it but it only seems to be happening when using one of them (the same one that exhibited some minor drift before) and it now happens consistently a few minutes into the game :/
The controller seems fine otherwise though, so I'm really not sure how it could be causing it.

edit: I used the reset button on the controller and played for a while and the problem seems to be gone... Still don't know if it was actually the controller causing it. I'm very confused and don't know what's real anymore

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Th3solution

Voltan wrote:

... Still don't know if it was actually the controller causing it. I'm very confused and don't know what's real anymore

Are you sure you’re not actually replaying Returnal? 😜

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

@Voltan My other controller that I haven't had replaced is now showing signs of issues. On Hades I'm getting some odd changes of direction all of a sudden and sometimes some flickering. It only seems to happen a while into playing so I might try the reset on that one to see if it sorts it. Doesn't seem to happen in GoT though so it's definitely game dependent.

render

Voltan

@render So I googled the problem and turnes out some people have been experiencing the exact same thing with the PS4 version last year, even with brand new controllers. Weird but at least it doesn't sound like my controller is fubar

edit: There's an option in the controller settings called "stick drift compensation" and it fixes the problem.
So it looks like maybe the stick indeed has some drift but it's within the deadzone, because it doesn't cause any movement on its own. This is the only game that it had any effect on (other than that one time when it actually exhibited a little drift for a short while). Not sure if I should be doing anything about it.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

render

@Voltan That's great to hear, at least there's a way to correct it. Is that setting in the systems controller setting or is it game specific? The worst thing about the problem I've got with the controller that I didn't have replaced is that it suddenly takes a lurch and can really put you off your stride. I was doing the last boss battle in Hades the other day and it happened several times and put me right into danger.

render

Voltan

@render It’s in the game’s settings. And that’s exactly what was happening to me that one day but then it stopped.

Voltan

render

@Voltan Will give that a go. Shame it's not in the system settings as then it could apply to all games.

render

Voltan

@render Thing is, this problem is specific to Ghost somehow and it affected players that didn't experience any drift otherwise.

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Voltan @render I noticed that "stick drift compensation" setting in Ghost of Tsushima and thought it a very telling inclusion, particularly considering that it's a first-party Sony game.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@RogerRoger Apparently it's been there since the original PS4 release but I didn't have the need to use it with any of the PS4 controllers. Somehow this game handels deadzones differently, I guess?

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic