Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 761 to 780 of 3,535

render

@Col_McCafferty @jdv95 Only 25 hours, I wonder what I was doing with all the time I spent playing Control now

I think both the DLCs add quite a bit of time to do that, plus there's the expeditions stuff which you can do with the juke box tokens, and even the shmup arcade machine stuff.

render

JigsawPieces

I completed Control (but not the DLC) on PS4 Pro, but every time it gets mentioned here I get a bit more tempted to replay the whole thing on PS5. Argh!

JigsawPieces

PSN: JigsawPieces

render

@JigsawPieces Yeah me too. Will have to set some time aside to play it, along with all the other games I've currently got on the go of course 😁

render

Col_McCafferty

I think I've already hit 20 hours and feels like I'm only halfway through it!

Not that I'm complaining, it's a good game and weird enough to feel somewhat unique but not that strange where it's no longer any fun.

It is a mix of X-Files, Twin Peaks with Jedi/Mutant powers and is definitely influenced by the Resi series.

Col_McCafferty

Voltan

@JigsawPieces Same - especially having not played the DLC. I actually started it when it was on PS Plus but then something new came out

Voltan

Th3solution

@Col_McCafferty I’ll have to look at my playtime the next chance I get on my PS5, but I think the base game was closer to 30 hrs for me and each DLC was probably 4 hrs or so. So I want to guess that my total playtime for platinum if the base game and clearing both DLCs was in the 40-45 hour range, so yeah, you’re probably halfway. I do play games slower than most though, so take it for what it’s worth.

I played AWE DLC at the end after finishing the main story, and it was plenty hard enough, so if you’re playing it in the course of the game when it unlocks, I can imagine it’s a much harder experience. Once you figure out the tricks to the Hartman fight, then it’s just a matter of execution.

If you’re still struggling, there is an approach that makes this and other boss fights a little easier. It not really a spoiler story-wise, but in case you’d rather discover it yourself I’ll tag it.

There’s a side quest that I don’t remember if it’s particularly well highlighted, but it involves finding and throwing several TVs into the furnace. I forget what the quest is even called and when it becomes available, but the reward for it is a weapon mod for the Grip pistol that restocks ammo at a rate of 100%, so long as you hit the target. So what it ends up doing is gives you infinite rounds to just pummel an enemy with shots, as long as the shots are landing. Since most enemies and including the bosses are slightly stunned when they’re shot, then they don’t have time to recover to counterattack. This combat method doesn’t help when you’re swarmed with multiple enemies, of course, because you’ll be flanked if you spend all your energy on the one enemy. Anyways, I struggled with Hartman and then found that mod and it became pretty easy after that.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Col_McCafferty

@Th3solution Yeah, that sounds about right. Probably halfway through with all the DLC and extra stuff.

Yeah I did that mission, I think I added that mod to the Grip but will check it out. Thanks!

Col_McCafferty

ApostateMage

AC Valhalla in Performance Mode. Super smooth 60fps, 5 second load times and it looks gorgeous to boot. Lovely stuff.

ApostateMage

colonelkilgore

@ViolentEntity I was just joking as you were complaining that you had too many games and wanted some kinda solution. 'Xbox has no games' etc 😉

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@Col_McCafferty By my play time for Control you are indeed halfway as it took me 40 hours to get the platinum.

The Surge gun from the AWE DLC is great and with some top mods you can make the blast radius huge (but it does get you too!). The DLC trophies don't add to the overall game plat but the one for the vending machines in AWE is worth getting as they drop some top tier mods.

Also, the multi-launch ability you can unlock in that DLC is an absolute game changer too and really helps with combat in later stages; either being able to launch multiple things at one big enemy or at lots of enemies when you're being swarmed.

Thrillho

Voltan

Ghostrunner PS5 upgrade just dropped, everybody go get that

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Thrillho

I'm giving FF7R a run on PS5 and it looks pretty great.

My only problem is I started a new run with all my gear from having beaten the game twice and I'm just waltzing through the game at the moment. I'm sure things will start to level out at some point but one hitting most enemies is taking some of the fun out of it..

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Voltan I’ve heard that there is some issue with the new controls implemented. People who were huge fans on PS4 are suggesting that it’s unplayable on PS5. It’s strange as you’d imagine that there are various control lay-outs available (including the original lay-out presumably) but people aren’t happy.

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore I only played one level last night but it seemed fine. Definitely looking better and running more smoothly than on PS4 Pro
Controls seemed the same but there are some things you unlock later in the game so I haven’t seen those yet.
I’ll have to play more to see what that’s about.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan Good or hear you’ve had no issues. I’ve heard mention of the thumb sticks being ‘super’ (overly) sensitive. I haven’t even played it on PS4 let alone this new PS5 version… I do have it though, so I’ll be interested to see how this all plays out.

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore Ah, I see. If it’s a common issue, it sounds like something that can be fixed rather quickly.
The PS4 version had a couple patches within the first week from release and they actually improved the console version significantly - so perhaps this could be a similar scenario.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic