Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 3,537

MaulTsir

@KAIRU oh I'm prepared 🤣 recent playthroughs of Bloodborne and Demon's Soul's have given me extra xp in patience

MaulTsir

Saint_Viper

Currently playing through Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

Really enjoying the story, however just purchased Elden Ring, so not sure how much time will get put into it now...

Saint_Viper

nessisonett

Mount and Blade 2 is as good as I’d hoped. Modernises while keeping the janky essence of the series. Nice to hear some of the old music too!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

jgrangervikings1

I bought a couple of the PSN store sale items, and I’ve been playing a little of this, a little of that, emphasis on the lat. Specifically,
—Biomutant. It’s a gorgeous game, and it’s been keeping my interest pretty well.
—Nobody Rules the World. I introduced it to my nephews today, and they sat around the tv playing it in couch co-op mode for several hours.
—Videokid. It’s a fun retro remake of Paperboy with blocky, Minecrafty graphics and loads of 1980s tv, movie, and pop culture references.
—Leap of Fate. A PS4 roguelite gem that’s worth a look if you like arcadey, twin stick action and low prices.
—Silver Chains. A PS4 survival horror game that’s got a bunch of puzzling situations that you have to work your way through. Is it scary? Not really, but it’s a good few hours of entertainment at a low sale price.

jgrangervikings1

Twitter:

Thrillho

@jgrangervikings1 Having completed Biomutant a couple of months ago I’d advise you to ignore lots of side content otherwise you’ll get burnt out as there’s just too much.

You can also tinker with settings to turn the frequency of the narrator right down so you don’t hear the same lines over and over and over from him. Turning off the chatter from NPCs also helps as that got on my nerves after a while.

Make use of the crafting mechanics too as a lot of the best weapons I had in the game were ones I made. Saving the best gear for a 7* weapon is definitely worth it though!

Thrillho

Bentleyma

Making my way through Sackboy: A Big Adventure. I’ve owned it since the launch of the PS5, but I’ve never had the urge to play it. I’m currently trying to make a dent in my backlog, so I figured now was as good a time as any to play it. It’s ok, not a game I’m going to be looking forward to playing while I’m at work, but I don’t dislike it enough that it’s going to be a slog to play through.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

jgrangervikings1

@Thrillho Thanks for the tips, sir! Much appreciated. I loaned the PS5 out to my nephews for the week while they’re staying at grandma’s house, so when they leave and fly back to Colorado, I hope the PS5 and games will still be working.

As an aside, you’d think game developers would do a better job of spicing up the narrator commentary so it’s not so repetitive. That’s definitely something that gaming companies should care more about. Which game was it…maybe Bastion…that boasted the narrator never repeats himself? Whatever game it was, that’s the gold standard all games should be achieving in 2022 and beyond.

Until I get the PS5 back, I’m revisiting my PS3:
—Cubixxx is highly underrated. Playable by 8 people in couch co-op!
—Max Payne 3. Still holds up pretty well, but the game is dark and enemies blend into the darkness. Aarg!
—Just Cause 2. Not as good as Just Cause 3 or 4, but still playable.

Edited on by jgrangervikings1

jgrangervikings1

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

Horizon Forbidden West. The production values for this game are insane. It looks stunning. The game has yet to click with me fully, but I am still enjoying it. Still really early on though, having just gotten to the first camp fire.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

oliverp

@JohnnyShoulder Wish you best of luck with Horizon Johnny. As I have mentioned in another thread I know a friend who reailly enjoyed that game (think he even ended up end platinumed it).

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

KilloWertz

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion. I started it on Christmas Day, but it's been a pretty solid experience so far. It took a little while for it to click with me, but I chalk that up to starting this literally right after I finished God of War Ragnarok. Two very different games obviously, but the palate was cleansed the next day and it clicked from then on. It is interesting to see some of the characters from well before Final Fantasy VII Remake.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

JohnnyShoulder

@oliverp Cheers dude, hopefully I don't bounce off it like so many games recently.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MightyDemon82

I thought I was finished Tales of Arise, well the story. It turns out I've still got a bit to go. Cool new opening when turning the game on though.

Over 30 hours played so far and enjoying it but does feel longer than what I've played, most likely due to the skits!

MightyDemon82

LN78

I'm very impressed with just about every aspect of "Rollerdrome" at the moment - even the narrative (if you choose to engage with it) is pretty well done. Highly recommended to fans of "Tony Hawk", dystopian futures, and synthwave.

LN78

MaulTsir

@MightyDemon82 Yeah I remember that part, you think your finished but then your not lol. I was pleasantly surprised though I really enjoyed the game and was happy to go on.

The skits do become over done though by the end of the game I was not really paying attention to them if they weren't story driven, which about 70% weren't lol

MaulTsir

MightyDemon82

@LN78 I'll grab it at some point it looks like fun!

@MaulTsir @colonelkilgore played a fair bit today, currently enroute to a starship and fitting in sidequests and fishing, LOTS of fishing.

MightyDemon82

RR529

Knee deep in GoW Ragnarok at the moment.

Not sure how far I'm in yet, but in terms of main story I've recently defeated the Nidhogg & freed Freya from the spell that bounds her to Midgard..

In terms of side quests I've Visited the Shrine in where Freya was married to Odin to get that sword, did all the spirit requests along the river, then went back to the desert in the elf realm to free the second jellyfish thing & visit that elf library, and did some other things while I was there.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Peterchu

I'm currently playing Sunless Skies.

Peterchu

Bentleyma

Been playing Metal Gear Solid V. I can see it’s a good game and there are certain aspects about it I enjoy, but it’s just not for me. I might give up on it and move onto something else. I’m finding the game quite difficult, even with the chicken hat!

Untitled

I just spent the last hour and a half attempting a mission that I ended up failing because I accidentally left the mission area. The annoying thing is that I was carrying the guy I had to extract, so I would of thought that leaving the area would be the right thing to do. 🤷
So now I have to do the whole mission again because I wasn’t even given the option to restart from a checkpoint.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma I looked at your screenshot before reading the words you wrote around it, and it generated such a huge swell of happy nostalgia for me, so I was subsequently real sorry to see that you're struggling to connect with the gameplay. Some of the missions do bear the hallmarks of a developer's first foray into open-world sandbox design, and as such are a little more linear than you'd expect, setting specific extraction points and objective markers on your map. I think I know the specific mission you're talking about, and can assure you that most of the later missions have generic "leave the mission area" parameters for success where necessary. Always try and check your iDroid whenever possible; if there's a big circle on the map instead of a specific marker, then you're safe to flee in any direction.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic