Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 3,535

Octane

Playing Tunic, and I just found out there is an Eastern Temple lol. Already got the two other thingamajigs, and I suppose I had to do the Eastern Temple first, as the enemies are way too easy.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane You enjoying it? It is defo something I wanna check out at some point.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, the exploration bit is great, and the world/lore (the little there is) is fascinating. The boss battles are definitely big difficulty spikes though, if you like that sort of thing that's fine, but you can always change the difficulty settings, which is what I do during the boss fights. I don't mind trying a few times, but when you're stuck for 30 minutes is less fun lol. But they give you an invincibility mode, and it has no repercussions on trophies or completion, so that's great!

If you like classic Zelda games, puzzles and exploration, this is definitely worth a try. The game gives very little context, but you slowly start to learn more by collecting pages from a game manual, which provides more context for what to do, game maps, and also controls. It's definitely one of those games you can rush through if you know how everything works. You discover shortcuts which have been there from the start, but I doubt you'd be able to find them if you didn't know they were there. Reminds me a little of puzzle games like Fez, The Witness or Outer Wilds.

Octane

Th3solution

@Kairu I’m likely to do the same and leave it loaded so I can dip in and out. I still have the neo-classical menu to do but I don’t have access to a competitive car right now since I didn’t have the foresight to buy one in the Legends store and now there’s only one or two in there that fit the timeframe from ‘80-‘99 that is required, and they are all uber expensive. I think the McLaren that would qualify is over 9 million credits.

I also might do the last couple Cafe collections. My car collector level isn’t high enough to unlock the last two, but I don’t want to arbitrarily buy cars to build my level because I’m building my savings for the eventual neoclassical Legend drop, if it ever occurs. So I’m stuck.

I’ll have to see how much time I’ve spent on GT7, but I’m guessing probably about 40 hours, which is definitely worth it for the price I paid for the game. I got it thinking it would be a side-game for me but it quickly captivated me to become my main game over the last 2-3 weeks. But now I think I’ll move it over to the side and resume playing other games like Avengers and probably will start up Resident Evil 4 soon.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@EliteSlayer How did you like the Yuffie DLC? I played it last month and quite enjoyed it, after having finished the main game a year ago. It was nice to get back in that world and she was really fun to play as.

Edit: By the way, Demon’s Souls is great. Really enjoyed my time with that too. So much so that I will probably try Dark Souls Remastered in coming months.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Dark Souls Remastered would be a great game to play through Game Club even though it’s quite long. It’s one of those games that’s even more fun playing along with other people, comparing strategies and routes through the game.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

EliteSlayer

@Th3solution The yuffie dlc was an enjoyable side story even if slightly short. Looking forward to part 2 of ff7.

Elden ring was the first souls i beat. Will probably use magic build.

EliteSlayer

MaulTsir

@EliteSlayer I just finished and got the plat for Demon's Soul's a few weeks ago, its a great game, the atmosphere and graphics and second to none on the ps5 but I've heard a few people who've played Elden Ring first say they struggled to enjoy DeS simply because of the older style mechanics.

I haven't tried Eldeb Ring yet so I guess I was lucky with that but I did really enjoy my time with it, I hope you do to mate.

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@JudgeDredd I need all 3 of for the Legendary cars trophy, but they are so pricey that I’m actually more interested to get the Mazda 787b or the Escudo Suzuki Pikes Peak to compete in the Neoclassical challenges. Or I’d take the Mercedes Sauber C9 too, as it’s suppose to be competitive. And if the BMW McLaren F1 GTR is there for reasonable price (less than 10 million cr.) then I might try it.
I also wouldn’t mind having the Alpine A220.

I think the Ferrari 330 is actually available now, if that’s the one you’re wanting.

@Kairu I enjoy the weekly TT since it’s done on my own schedule. I’d like to join you all for real time weekly races too but I’m often tied up.

@nessisonett Very true. I’m onboard for it. I definitely agree that the Souls games are great to play in tandem and sharing experience and techniques.

@EliteSlayer I followed a magic build too and it was quite fun. It makes a lot of the bosses and encounters fairly easy, comparatively speaking, but it also makes a few of them a little harder, because you’ll be forced to use traditional melee for some, due to their quickness and closing speed. But I definitely recommend the magic build if you’re interested in it.

colonelkilgore

So… Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2 Remake… I love it! As a former Skate player, I kinda always looked down on the more arcadey aspects of the Tony Hawks games (not that I had actually played any of them) and just thought they looked incredibly easy and without a need for actually developing one’s skills. So while it is definitely more arcadey, surprisingly there is still a huge amount of scope for the player to develop skills.

At the moment I’m pretty terrible at it… but I’ve seen enough improvement that I can see what this will be like when I can string a 2 minute combo together at will… and how fun that will be. The most ‘addicted’ I have felt about a game in a while. It just has that ‘one-more-go’ aspect in spades!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore It’s just a fantastic game all round. Maybe not one to go for the platinum in though, I’ve been working on it for almost two years! Definitely one I need to go back to, I’ve got all the gaps so it’s just finishing up more challenges to rack up the XP. Just wait until you attempt the Got There challenges, they’re beautifully irritating in how much skill they demand.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

CJD87

@colonelkilgore Wow and thrilled you're playing this!

The originals have a special place in my heart, and IMO the remake is pretty damn immaculate - sitting alongside Demon's Souls as one of the most thorough, comprehensive and 'justified' modern updates.

Hopefully you won't feel too out of sorts moving away from the Souls-genre temporariliy.... I do recall some stat-allocation elements in THPS, so perhaps you can still enjoy an element of min/max activity!! (DEX/Speed build perhaps ha!)

CJD87

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett yeah it definitely ‘feels’ like it would be a very difficult platinum… and would take a long time to boot. Think it could be the perfect game for me to chip away at in the background while I concentrate my efforts on other games in the short term.

@CJD87 yeah I have started applying some attributes and such, been primarily going for more speed and airtime atm as I’m just a little short of managing some of the gaps. What I love about it is getting in the zone though. I find that I’ll hit a purple patch where I ain’t even really thinking about it too much but pulling off some almighty combos… then I just kinda drift out of the zone and can’t even land an Ollie for 5 minutes 😅.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

oliverp

Have for the past week or so been playing and really been enjoying the Spider Black Cat DLC episode.

Its funny how I feel like SpiderMan is a game and experience that I feel really grows once you complete the main game (and I have not even played all the DLCS or the Miles Morales game yet).. A new game + run is really tempting (but I don't think I will do it right now at least).. Any other than me who also enjoyed the Spiderman game?

*Full disclosure. Its PS4-version I,m playing. Fun btw to read about your adventures in the Tony Hawk remake @colonelkilgore.

oliverp

colonelkilgore

@oliverp yeah Tony Hawk’s… is just so much fun. I think I’m gonna be having this on the go for a while fair play.

I never played any of the Spider-man dlc’s but I did enjoy the base game quite a bit… though I actually ended up enjoying Miles Morales a wee bit more.

**** DLC!

render

@Kairu Such a good game which just gets better and better the more you play it!

render

Thrillho

@Kairu I got properly sucked in by Hades and think I gave myself repetitive strain injury on the inside of my right thumb by hammering the dash button so much

It's easily my favourite game of that type though as there are so many little things that keep giving you progression, either as you unlock or upgrade weapons, get new items to take with you, unlock new abilities at the mirror etc (FYI, just in case you're an idiot like me, there is actually a second screen of those abilities in the mirror you can use later on in the game; I only discovered that right at the very end..)

The platinum is brutal though but one I'm chuffed to have got. If you're thinking of going for it, my one bit of advice would be to change what keepsake you take every run as one trophy needs you to level them all up. It's easy to not realise that and then have to commit even more time to the game.

I only managed to beat Hades for the first time once I had Death Defiance unlocked. It's pretty tricky to do it otherwise!

Thrillho

Voltan

The new system update enabled the PS5 Tournaments feature in Europe (in beta), so I signed up for one and…

Untitled
😂

Voltan

RogerRoger

Finally got around to trying Ambrose Island, the free DLC level from Hitman III. It's... fine, I guess? Felt a bit like a greatest hits level; you've got your three distinct areas, your layers of security, your secondary hacking objective, your targets on a predictable loop, and so on, but a lot of the quirky details seemed to be recycled from previous places (there are old ship cannons you can fire, coconuts you can throw, stalactites you can shoot loose, etc.) and its best easter egg is a throwback to the original games. Took me an hour to clear, largely because of a total absence of trackable Mission Stories, and I fumbled my Silent Assassin rating at the last possible moment; the fact that I just went "the heck with it" and escaped without reloading a minute-old save speaks volumes. Could do better, 47.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic