Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 201 to 220 of 3,506

Kidfried

@Thrillho Ray tracing is amazing. It's a wonder to behold in Spider-Man.

Kidfried

Voltan

I actually managed to end a level in Soulstorm saving 100% of the little guys - that felt good. Still missed a secret or two though. I'm on the big train thing now, making my way to the front to hit the brakes.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yeah the combat in Demon's Souls felt so good at 60fps, also enhanced further with the haptic feedback. For instance if you are hit on the left, you feel it on the left side of the controller. Happens when you strike something too.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

suki_B

I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone atm

suki_B

Thrillho

I’ve just started on The Pedestrian after some glowing reviews on here.

I’m on to the street level already and only had one section so far that stumped me for a while. Clever mechanics though, a good looking game, and some nice non-intrusive background music.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

TraCuz-

Been playing the PS5 version of FF14 and its subtle use of haptics is really making me appreciate the Dualsense.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Thrillho

@Arugula I played for maybe an hour and a bit and it looks like I may be around 25% of the way through so it’s not a long game and so far there’s no reason to replay it.

It’s not been particularly difficult so far so if you’re happy with that and feel the value for length is alright then go for it.

I got it based on recommendations on here and I fancied something a bit different so no complaints from me so far.

Thrillho

Th3solution

Control just continues to be such a fantastic experience for me on the PS5. I’m probably at the 2/3 mark or so, and I haven’t grown tired of it even once. The annoying chanting voices seem to have mostly calmed down, so I don’t really have that complaint anymore. The difficulty is a bit labile, and I have died a few times when I rushed in a little too confidently into a crowd — Especially when there are grenade and rocket launcher dudes.

For me, the game is bringing memories of Death Stranding. The two games are worlds apart as far as what kind of game they are, but the feeling I’m getting is similar when I played that. The quirky and confusing story, the mild horror elements with occasional scary encounters, the feeling of protagonist isolation, the simple but beautiful art style, and just the overall addictive gameplay loop — it’s all there.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Glad you are still enjoying it and the crazy voices have stopped making you go so crazy. Have you done the Ashtray Maze yet?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Not yet. I’m just opening up the Containment Sector

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Revengercm

Miles
Demon Sauls
Temtem

Soon:
Re8
Returnal

Revengercm

r3dman21

Just reached chapter 4 in Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, then saw an article that it will get a PS5 version. So I have to stop right now and find something else to play until then. Was thinking Days Gone maybe, idk. I wanna play Mass Effect Legendary, but I don’t want to start playing and then see it will get a PS5 version later. It sucks these companies are so secretive.

r3dman21

Ryall

@r3dman21 I would keep playing Star Wars fallen order as you’re enjoying it. Letting the best be the enemy of the good tends to lead to having less fun overall not more.

Ryall

Kidfried

@r3dman21 As soon as companies announce an update, sales of the original games will probably halt, because people tell themselves to rather wait for the update instead. It sucks, but they will be forever secretive about that kind of stuff.

Kidfried

r3dman21

You’re probably right

r3dman21

Voltan

Wow I totally suck at MK11 today

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan Returnal ruined your MK muscle memory. 😄

Voltan

@Th3solution I posted that and beat a Demigod ranked player next

Edit: alright, got the goal I set for myself today, which should allow me to reach Demigod rank tomorrow easily. And by easily I mean struggle a lot but ultimately make it in a reasonable amount of time.

Gonna cook some food now, eat it, and then it's Returnal time.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic