Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 3,501

Thrillho

@MrBreak16 Having the weapon Ellie gets near the end of the game for your whole NG+ run with infinite ammo makes mopping up collectibles for her pretty easy!

Thrillho

Voltan

@MaulTsir Head's up - the post-game quests you need to do for the remaining trophies are definitely the hardest part of the game

Voltan

CJD87

@MaulTsir Demon's Souls gets my vote...

Some of the mechanics and gameplay elements might seem somewhat 'archaic' if you've played through Elden Ring, but graphically I would say it still remains in top #3 best looking PS5 games today (alongside Ratchet & Returnal)

DeS is not too long either, a single playthrough could be around 30 hours. Think I got the plat in about 40-ish.

CJD87

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter Unfortunately, I didn't have enough PSN credit to get Kao and Zorro, so I haven't played the former yet and can't help you there, I'm afraid. Sounds like a pretty serious issue, so I'm sure it'll get fixed soon enough. Are you still able to enjoy the game? Is it everything you'd hoped for?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

@RogerRoger
I don't have PS5 machine yet but I will start to buy PS5 games first for future investment when I able to buy PS5 machine with cheaper price.
Btw, I will try to get Kao the Kangaroo first as I will register that game on my purchase book as my 1st PS5 game. Being registered as the 1st game is really special for me as I really love the Kao 2022 design and his boxing outfits. My plan is getting three PS5 games on next week.

Also, I have written 27 PS5 games I have interest about on my purchase book to be bought in the future and to see in 2nd year of PS5 and I could registered almost 30 games, looks like PS5 will have a lot of kids games that I have interest about. I wonder what kind of gaming trends on PS5 as the years goes by.

Anti-Matter

MaulTsir

@nitram2k11 @CJD87 I think It will be Demon Soul's, I haven't yet tried Elden Ring so my experience with Demon Soul's shouldn't be spoilt by the experience of that, I did not long ago play bloodborne and I've heard the play style is some what different so I'm not sure what to expect but I am excited to get at it.

@Voltan I've read that the end game stuff can be challenging, but as of yet in the main game anyway I haven't found it challenging at all, even when under levelled by 5 or 6 levels things go down with relative ease so I'll be happy for the challenge, although I don't want it to take to long to plat 🤣

MaulTsir

Voltan

@MaulTsir It's not too bad, although I did have to do one of the post-game boss fights multiple times to reach the required level (combined with some cooking to boost XP gains, it was the quickest way to do it)
Not nearly as much of a grind as Scarlet Nexus though.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

MaulTsir

@Voltan I've seen a bit of a "cheese" in regards to levelling to 100, where if you put all the right pieces of equipment, artifacts and cooking you can get a 80% exp boost and if you fight a certain boss level 90 I think at the end of a dungeon(I'm not actually up to this point yet) then you can just rinse and repeat and it says you can get from level 70 to 100 within an hour or 2 that way. Don't know how much effort is involved in getting everything you need but if it helps speed up the process I'll give it a look lol

MaulTsir

MaulTsir

@nitram2k11 yeah my psn is my name, I'm a Soul's noob with only ever playing Bloodborne before but I'm always up for some co-op fun, just be prepared to do all the work 🤣 lol

MaulTsir

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter Awesome! I did the same with some PS4 and PS Vita games, back in the day. It's always great to be able to plan a cool, memorable and meaningful line-up for a new console!

Kao does look like great fun. Whenever I happen to get around to playing it, I'll tag you with some brief thoughts and screencaps, although I'll be careful not to give too much away! Otherwise it might not be as fun to discover it for yourself on your new PS5.

There has been a recent surge in stylised, accessible games for kids, hasn't there? It's nice to see those kinds of experiences make a comeback. Gaming needs to be for everybody, after all, and I'd agree that both the PS3 and PS4 were underserved in that regard. I blame the Wii. It took all the bright, colourful fun and kept it for itself, leaving the "mature" consoles with a bunch of brown shooters. Here's hoping this current resurgence continues over the PS5's lifespan!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@nomither6 Why the uncertainty? You on the fence about getting it?

Making It So Since 1987

nomither6

@RogerRoger yeah . I like sonic , but what made me like him wasn’t the 2D games , it was the 3D games on gamecube ; i have all the gamecube sonic games , but i barely played the “mega collection” and played the 3D games instead (SA1/2 , heroes, riders , shadow) .

& i basically tolerated mania . i beat mania with all 3 characters and got their super-forms , and even have over 50 hours in it , but i was only able to do it because it’s one of those games you can pass time with and turn your brain off & it was done over the span of many , many , months .

i don’t think it would be a good investment for me to get origins , when i really just want frontiers & it’s so many other games on sale right now too

nomither6

RogerRoger

@nomither6 Totally understand, my friend. I feel exactly the same way. I might've grown up with a MegaDrive in the house, and been more than a little keen on Sonic in my childhood, but it was re-discovering the 3D games in my late teens that made me a lifelong fan. Most of my favourite Sonic games are 3D ones and, back in 2017, I thought that Forces was much more interesting than Mania (which is saying something, considering that Forces turned out "perfectly fine" and nothing more).

And yet, despite all that, I find myself playing Sonic Origins at the moment. Rest assured that you're not missing much; it's just the classics again, smartly presented but that's about it. All of its bells and whistles are things you could find on YouTube or the Sonic News Network.

By the time you're in the mood for it, it'll be half price in a PSN sale.

Really looking forward to Sonic Frontiers, by the way! Reading some of those hands-on previews have helped reinforce my hype. I think it looks brilliant, and can't wait to see more!

Making It So Since 1987

nomither6

@RogerRoger haha i don’t blame you playing origins with this sonic drought we’ve been going through since arguably the start of the ps4 gen 😂 we need more sonic games man , and i’m really looking forward to frontiers too despite the initial criticisms . at the bare minimum i wanted a sonic game to look graphically better or as good as unleashed and it succeeded at that so far , so that’s a personal big plus for me .

& i mostly likely will bite and get origins before it even goes on sale since it’s multiple games , and not one like mania . it’s only been a day so far

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

Th3solution

@MaulTsir You’re following my pathway then, with Bloodborne being my first FromSoft game I completed, and I thought Demon’s Souls was a little easier when I played it a couple months ago. It’s a great game and a brilliant remake. It might have been easier to me because I had a Soulsborne game in the bag already and knew a little about how to approach it. But I also went with the ‘easy mode’ of doing a magic user build. It makes much of the game very approachable and a few of the bosses are remarkably easy with magic. There are a few enemies that magic doesn’t do very well for, like the skeletons (in arch 4 I think it is) which close in so fast you don’t have time to bring up the spell before they’re on top of you. So I did need to have some shield and sword options as a secondary approach.

But if you made it through Bloodborne and all the GoW Valkyries you should be fine.

I really couldn’t get into Cyberpunk. The PS5 version runs well and the game looks great now, but I didn’t care for the gameplay or the characters and story, so I quit it after a few hours, probably 5-6 hours, maybe more. But a lot of people have liked it, but between it and DeS, definitely prioritize DeS.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@nomither6 I know, right?! Gone are the good ol' days when we'd get at least one new game every couple of years, like clockwork (and not counting all the spin-off titles, either)!

I think Frontiers looks gorgeous. I've always liked it when Sonic's design has been blended with realistic environments and architecture. Apparently that's just one hub map we've seen, out of several, and then you unlock more traditional, linear story levels as you explore...? I'm trying not to get too excited, but it's difficult, especially since Sonic Colours Ultimate didn't last me very long!

Having just suffered through Sonic CD again, I think you've been the smarter of us two today!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic