Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 3,564

Jimmer-jammer

@Lavalera Well said! I’ve been enjoying my play through immensely. It’s very relaxing and uplifting. To me, it has cult classic written all over it and I really hope it doesn’t get completely overlooked.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

eFootball has introduced its pay-to-win mechanics and like a flash, the game is basically unplayable online. You can literally just pay money for overpowered Messi and Neymar, along with many other highly rated players. Just destroyed the game’s balance overnight.

The guy I played there had Viera, Roberto Carlos, Puyol, Neymar, Lewandowski etc. It’s remarkable how they’ve taken a decent concept that does away with the traditional lootbox system and turned it into one of the worst implementations of battle passes I’ve ever seen.

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Bentleyma

Taking advantage of having a PS5 and playing some games that aren’t available on PS4. Spent most of yesterday playing Deathloop and Temtem. I’m especially impressed with Deathloop. I wasn’t sure what to expect going in, but I’m really liking it. Temtem is a solid alternative to Pokémon, if you don’t have access to a Nintendo console. Not the biggest fan of the art style, but it gets the job done.

Untitled

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

Started playing Zorro: The Chronicles earlier.

It's probably best described as Assassin's Creed: Playskool. There's a counter-based melee combat system, stealth mechanics, some light whip-based traversal and an unlockable skill tree, but it's all as basic as possible, with controls so simple they feel borderline counterintuitive to a seasoned veteran. Since it's a budget game, there's a lack of refinement in the settings, so I can't turn down the sensitivity on the skittish camera or tidy up the HUD, either.

There's also a total absence of story, with a dialogue-free montage establishing Zorro's premise and then context for each mission delivered via loading screen paragraphs. It's a shame because the character models are quite expressive during the numerous comedy takedowns you can perform, so I wouldn't have minded seeing them star in a few short cutscenes.

Otherwise, it's okay. Doesn't work perfectly, but it works, and I'm having fun. Eighteen missions in total, with plenty of bonus objectives and hidden collectibles in each, and a very generous trophy list (one silver, eleven golds, and then a plat) so I'll definitely see it through.

Tagging @Anti-Matter @KidBoruto @Mad001 and @crashb648 from today's front page story.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Mad001

il snag it on steam 🙂

Mad001

Col_McCafferty

Started Resi 8 or Village if you prefer last night.

Quite an intense beginning and some spooky bits. It looks and runs really well and excited to get stuck into something so different from my previous game (Cyberpunk), other than first person view of course.

I was tempted to leave it until the new update in October but realised I could always replay it in third person view.

Col_McCafferty

Th3solution

@Col_McCafferty I must have missed that — is RE 8 getting a third person mode? What about RE 7?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution Ye, as part of the DLC in October. I don't believe they mentioned it for RE7.

Voltan

render

@Col_McCafferty @Th3solution @Voltan I've got Village to play still but having played Resi 7 I think I might be tempted to stick with first person. I don't generally enjoy that view but it really does increase the intensity of fear that I'd imagine would be lost with a third person view.

Perhaps like you say Col it might be one you could play in both settings to see how different the experience is.

render

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan @render @Th3solution @Col_McCafferty I'm probably one of the weird ones, and I don't really have a preference between first and third person perspectives generally in video games. But I do prefer the view point in RE7 and RE8, as Render says I find it adds to the scares and intensity of the games.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Bentleyma

Playing this classic.

Untitled

Actually holds up pretty well and is still fun.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

nessisonett

@Bentleyma I still find it weird how many old Disney games Sony plug on their retro services. There were loads of them on the PS3 and the Vita, both PS1 and PSP games.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

MrBreak16

Currently doing a new playthrough of The Last of Us Part II. I am trying to upgrade my weapons and skills as much as possible so that I will be OP when doing new game plus.

MrBreak16

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter You're welcome! I think you'd enjoy it but, as @KidBoruto wisely suggests, wait for a sale. I've run through the whole game now, and am replaying it on Hard Mode to earn its platinum, but there isn't much variety, and the endgame holds few surprises. Definitely a "waste a weekend in between bigger games" sort of experience, rather than a "clear my schedule" release.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@MrBreak16 When you get to NG+ you can unlock modifiers like infinite ammo, infinite craft materials, slo-mo aim etc anyway.

It feels quite a different game when you can just go around gunning everything in your way!

Thrillho

MrBreak16

@Thrillho Oh yeah I knew that, I did a NG+ playthrough on PS4. It's really funny indeed when having infinite ammo, craft materials and slow motion. I would just run around blowing up enemies with explosive arrows =)

MrBreak16

Anti-Matter

@RogerRoger
Oh, btw.
Have you ever encountered with Auto Saving issue from Kao the Kangaroo PS5 version even after the latest update / patch ?

Anti-Matter

MaulTsir

Completed Tales of Arise story last night, just a few trophies to mop up and I'll be completely done with it. I'll put a review of it up in the other thread.

Now I'm not sure what to start next, I know the new service has just gone live but I do have Demon Soul's and Cyberpunk both just waiting for me to start so I want to do them both before upgrading to extra tier. Demon Soul's or Cyberpunk...decisions decisions 🤔

MaulTsir

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic