Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 3,535

Voltan

Ok, sooo turns out the only trophies I actually missed in Lost In Random are pretty early in the game so I'll just do a quick sweep on easy after I finish it. Just got the hardest combat-related trophies so I should be good!

Edit: finished with 3 trophies left, gonna get them straight away.
Edit2: Done!

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

NedStarksGhost

Sooo yeah, Sifu is indeed very difficult. A lot of fun though, well worth the money.

NedStarksGhost

MightyDemon82

@NedStarksGhost I have enough to play already but I thought what the hell and bought it. Played through the first stage and a little bit of the second before dying of old age 😂. Lots of fun though we will be Kung-Fu masters soon 😉

MightyDemon82

colonelkilgore

@NedStarksGhost @MightyDemon82 it looks intriguing. Was always on my radar (if a fair bit lower than Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring) but the reviews and live streams I’ve watched really appeal. Looks incredibly tough… but also… incredible!

**** DLC!

MightyDemon82

@colonelkilgore it will take some time to master but it's like playing through a martial arts movie which is fun. The ageing mechanic I thought was a really cool thing also, surprised no one had done that before.

MightyDemon82

Voltan

@NedStarksGhost That game really sounds up my alley and I think I would do alright in it with all my fighting games experience - but I’m not getting it before Horizon

I really like some of the ideas though

Voltan

NedStarksGhost

@MightyDemon82 had the exact same first run! Got through stage one at 29 thinking that wasn't too bad, then aged rapidly and died in stage two!

@colonelkilgore it's so much fun, I think the difficulty level just makes it much more rewarding. For the price it's so worth it.

@Voltan you should definitely pick it up when you get chance! It's a great concept that's been executed brilliantly. Deserves the praise so far!

NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

@Indoorhero guess it depends on if you like difficult games. I've played souls games and Returnal so I quite enjoy the challenge from them, could be worth waiting for the physical then!

Off topic; love the avatar, that was such a great moment

Edit; just noticed your new to the site, welcome!

Edited on by NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

Th3solution

@Indoorhero Hey, there! Welcome to the asylum, by the way. Glad you could come along. 😃

But seriously, it’s a nice cozy corner of the internet, and much more civil than most. Like most good families, we have a spat from time to time, but there’s enough congeniality to make it well worth it.

So what are you playing, and what are your preferred gaming tastes?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

@Indoorhero Hey welcome! Sounds like you will fit right in here if those are some of the games you like and it's a great time to be on the site what Horizon and Elden Ring just around the corner

I can highly recommend Hades if you are after something fun and challenging with a story. It's also a good game to pick up and put down as you can complete runs quite quickly once you level up and get into it more.

render

render

@Indoorhero The PS5 version runs at 60fps compared to 30fps on the Switch which might make a difference, plus the PS5 version having trophies is great as I found it pushed me to play more to bag them all. It is a pick up and play sort of game though so might also be good to have on Switch where you can just have a quick go where ever you are. Tough call

render

Th3solution

@Indoorhero Ironically enough, since you mentioned it, my main that I’m actually playing now is Demon’s Souls. I’m about 50 hours invested at this point. If I had to guess, I’d say I’m probably about 75% through. It’s been really fantastic so far.

I’ve mentioned it recently on the forums here somewhere, but I’m not a particularly skilled gamer. I’d say about average or slightly below average. But this will be my second (or third if you can Jedi: Fallen Order) Soulsborne game to complete. Bloodborne was my first. And honestly, as a newcomer to the Souls games, being here on the forums is what really has made a difference with pushing through the tough parts and gaining the confidence to beat them and getting tons of great advice. So if you ever open up that copy of DeS, lots of people will help you out, myself included! First bit of advice — choosing a magic user build is the easy mode for DeS. It’s what I’ve done and it’s a blast and I’ve only wanted to throw my controller at the screen once! 😅

Incidentally, as a Star Wars fan, Jedi: Fallen Order might be the way to go to get accustomed to the Souls formula. It has difficulty options so can be played on a legitimate easy mode without too much trouble. It cam found on the cheap nowadays, including today is the last day for the EA Play $5 for 90 day trial and it’s one of games on there. Anyways, sorry to ramble if you’ve already played it! 😄

The other game I’m actively playing is Dirt 5. Actually having a decent time with it. It works as a good side game to take a break from staying demons and run around a track for a few minutes.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

Speaking of Soulsborne games... I downloaded Death's Door
I haven't played much of it yet but the most amazing thing about it is that it's less than 1 GB on PS5
Seriously though, it seems like some good old school fun

Voltan

Th3solution

@Indoorhero Oh yeah, for sure there is a fine balance between keeping the challenge there with the resultant dopamine rush when you accomplish something, versus making the game too hard and the frustration kicks in.

I very rarely play my games on ‘hard’ or ‘master’ level difficulty, and I’ll often even choose ‘easy’ if I favor getting through the story portion without too much frustration. But there is also a certain satisfaction when I beat Returnal, for example. It’s good sometimes to play where there isn’t a difficulty slider and I’m forced to play things hard.

With the Soulsborne games, there is also something to be said for doing online research to make the game a little easier. Using build guides and boss guides has pulled me through the games also. I actually played through Bloodborne from beginning to end without using any NPC or online co-op assistance at all. And the same so far for DeS — haven’t summoned for help even once yet. Although I just beat a boss with the scripted help of an NPC, so I had no choice. And yeah, it made the boss way easier. 😄

Edited on by Th3solution

nessisonett

Hit the 75 hour mark in Valhalla. Good god this game will never end. Most of the map looks like it’s been cleared up but there’s still apparently plot and then the other bit in Norway then I need to go back to England and auauahsvshsusgsjsbsg

end the game already

or end me

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KilloWertz

@nessisonett Well, it was nice knowing you since the game will not end for a while. This may not be the best thing to go by, especially since I'm notoriously slow finishing games, but I spent roughly 150 hours on each of my playthroughs of the game.

I will admit once I did hit that point where I thought the game was over at the wedding once you return from Valhalla.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

CJD87

@Indoorhero Hey! Welcome to the site...

As a relative newbie myself, this really has been a great place to discuss games etc... and the 'camaraderie' is pretty much unparalleled!

Just my 2 cents on Hades - of course you will get a smoother experience on PS, but personally I believe this is 'one of those games' that really shines on Nintendo Switch. Everything about Hades (IMO) lends itself to short bursts of play, which is ideal when you consider the portability aspect of the Switch. I travel with work a lot, and played a ton of Hades during Q3-Q4 last year... perfect for short flights, quick downtime in a hotel, or even 20-30 min breaks between meetings.

Generally speaking I try to play as many indie titles as I can on the Switch, even if they are multi-platform. If the Switch can 'handle' a game, I'll generally always try to pick it up on that platform.

I save the PS5 for big-hitter games, this year having played (and platinum'd) Returnal and DeS. Currently playing GoT on hard difficulty, about a day or so from mopping up the base game platinum. Might attempt the DLC/Iki trophies also, but ever conscious Elden Ring is just 2-1/2 weeks away!

What you currently playing?

EDIT: 1 final thing on Hades.... I appreciate it came out in 2020, but this was easily the '2nd best' game I played during 2021. My personal 2021 GOTY was Returnal, but Hades was a VERY close 2nd. I really do heavily recommend it, absolutely fantastic game and well worth the relatively cheap price point

Edited on by CJD87

CJD87

CJD87

@Indoorhero Awesome mate!

I am always very hesitant in recommending games, as taste is so subjective... but I am very comfortable in advising anyone & everyone to purchase Hades, it really is amazing. I was hesitant at first, assuming it was a typical 'indie bangwagon' that everyone was jumping on... but genuinely it is amazing, addictive and the Switch is the perfect platform to play on.

It will certainly fill the next week whilst you await HFW! Let me know how you find Hades!

CJD87

MightyDemon82

I really need to start focusing on 1 game at a time, juggling so many just now. Maybe after HFW has been 100% complete I'll start just keeping to one game till it's done!

@Indoorhero How dare people not like the Yakuza series. Welcome the the forums. Great place to hangout with like minded people.

MightyDemon82

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic