Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 3,564

NedStarksGhost

@nessisonett I feel your pain. I played it last year, it really does drag. Some of the mainline quests are so unneccesary and just pad the game out.I gave up on the side missions you get via the map aside from the data fragments as that interested me (and was worth doing).

What's sad is that I think without the pointless side stories it's a really solid story and fun!

NedStarksGhost

Th3solution

@NedStarksGhost @nessisonett At the rate these Assassin’s Creed games are growing, the next one will take a lifetime to fully complete. They’ve basically become never- ending live service games by the time you add copious DLC on top of a base game with 100+ hours of content. For me, it’s honestly a turn-off. I still have Odyssey sitting in the backlog and worried about starting it and being overwhelmed.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution The next game is worryingly called Assassin's Creed Infinite or something. Most likely a live service thing too.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder A fitting title, indeed

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

NedStarksGhost

@Th3solution @JohnnyShoulder yep it's definitely heading that way. It's why I disagree with Time Spent = Value as a blanket view, some games just overstay their welcome or add needless side missions to inflate the game time. It becomes especially true as an adult with other commitments and limited game time.

NedStarksGhost

Th3solution

@NedStarksGhost You gotta hand it to these single player game developers which keep making their games bigger and bigger. The return of investment from a development time and labor standpoint has got to be better if they just used the time and energies to make the game an actual live-service game and spoon-feed the content to the masses while gradually ‘nickel and dimeing’ (not sure if that phrase makes sense outside of the U.S.) the consumer for the endless sea of side missions and map add-ons.

I’m sure games like Persona 5 or Red Dead Redemption 2 (which take 100 hours or more to complete, yet are legitimately self-contained and only ask money from you one time) are still profitable, but those teams could develop the same content and just spread it out and I think unfortunately that’s where the industry is heading. It pains me.

The industry tried episodic releases as an answer to the long development costs (like Hitman, Life is Strange, The Dark Pictures anthology, and the old Telltale releases) and the gaming community pushed back and so you really don’t see these episodic releases anymore. However, the industry has regrouped and is still doing the same tactic with endless DLC packs, season passes, and GaaS models.

Sure it’s nice that you can get game content more quickly and don’t have to wait through long 5-8 year development cycles until the game is ready, but I prefer to have a completed self-contained experience. But I’ve never really given true live-service games a fair shot. This year one of my goals is to legitimately try one of them, especially one that has a lot of online content, just so I can speak of them from an informed perspective.

MightyDemon82

@Indoorhero your most welcome.

Yes I love them although I still need to play 5,6, Like a Dragon and the Judgment series. Usually take big breaks between them to save getting burned out!

MightyDemon82

colonelkilgore

@Indoorhero played my first Yakuza game just last month (Yakuza Kiwami). It took a wee while to find my feet with it but ended up really enjoying it and looking forward to slowly but surely making my way through the whole series.

Still have to finish off my Legendary run for the Platinum actually… so quite glad you brought it up as it was a timely reminder.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

nessisonett

I’m loving how the whole ‘persuading the High King of Ireland you’re a good Christian’ doesn’t dissuade Eivor from still raiding monasteries. Ludonarrative dissonance at its finest in AC Valhalla’s expansion 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

Death's Door is pretty cool!

Voltan

render

@Voltan Was just exchanging messages with @Thrillho on this very subject in another thread. Are you going for the platinum? If so I hope you've checked regarding the missable trophies! It is cool though 😀

render

Voltan

@render I have not checked the trophies. I have no idea what I'm going for at this point - I'm at like 15% maybe
Anyway, the combat is challenging (I die a bunch but there isn't too much punishment for it so it's ok) and the puzzles aren't too hard but they're neatly designed so I'm having fun

Voltan

render

@Voltan On that point I was quite happy that there wasn't too much punishment for dying. I was expecting to lose a bunch of soles each time so in the end it felt ok to just have to get back to where I was each time. I like the environments and the fact that you see places that you can't yet get to but know you will eventually. I finished it in 15 hours or there abouts so I'd imagine you can beat me on that front 😀

render

Voltan

@render I just closed the game and the progress indicator says 20% now, 2:15 play time. I got the fire spell and opened the witch's basement but it doesn't seem like I can go through there yet (don't tell me if I'm doing something wrong, I'll figure it out myself ) so I backed out and went to overgrown something instead.
Also yeah, just looking at the activity cards looks like I already missed a trophy so I probably won't bother with this one beyond beating it.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

Played through Operation Tango this evening… and well, it’s very different. The importance that the game places on observation, perspective and the ability to communicate is something so unique. It was quite an enjoyable session in fairness, if a little stressful… hopefully I didn’t offend my co-op bro too much.

We’re gonna play through it again next week, only taking up the opposite roles. Should be a fair bit quicker and easier now that we have an understanding of what the game actually is.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

SoulChimera

I did plan on finishing the DLC for Far Cry 6 before I started Horizon but it has glitched out for me.

It’s the Joseph Seed DLC (all the others worked fine). Tried everything, can’t get it to work.

Starts fine. It asks me to buy the trait from the mirror, that works. Then it asks me to buy a weapon from the armoury. That is glitched and the pistol case is chained up like the rest.

Contacted Ubisoft support and they asked me to upload a video of it to YouTube.

A day later gave me an amazing solution...

Contact Sony and ask for a replacement PS5 console.

No lie. That was their response. Absolute joke.

I'm about 30 hours into Horizon now. Absolutely amazing game.

SoulChimera

RogerRoger

SoulChimera wrote:

Contacted Ubisoft support and they asked me to upload a video of it to YouTube.

A day later gave me an amazing solution...

Contact Sony and ask for a replacement PS5 console.

Wow. Just... wow.

Really hope that's just poor communication from Ubisoft support staff, and that there's a patch issued for that particular issue soon. At least you've got Aloy in the meantime!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

AnitaTsushima

Ghost of Tsushima! I love this game and the graphics are so cooooool!

AnitaTsushima

Voltan

@SoulChimera @RogerRoger It took them over 6 months to solve an issue that was preventing me (and a number of others) from getting the platinum in Valhalla... never suggested replacing the console though

Voltan

SoulChimera

@RogerRoger @Voltan

It was easily the most ridiculous suggestion I've ever heard.

But yeah, I'm not expecting to ever be able to play it.

SoulChimera

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic