Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 3,565

Th3solution

@Voltan @render @colonelkilgore I also have never given a solid effort to platinum Naughty Dog’s games. The Uncharteds on Crushing just doesn’t sound fun to me. And the original The Last of Us had a ridiculous trophy list. (Haven’t played the second yet)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

Weirdly enough for a Sonic fan, it's the speedrun trophies which've always prevented me from getting the platinums from The Nathan Drake Collection, whereas I've played through every Uncharted game on Crushing before, despite usually being allergic to difficult games.

Got the platinums for Drake's Fortune on PS3 and Golden Abyss on PS Vita, because both trophy lists were basically "collect everything and play good" and I could do 'em.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@Th3solution The second one’s actually very much alright. The hard modes have their own lists and are not required for platinum.

Voltan

KilloWertz

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Was planning on starting this up sooner, but I was sick this week, so wasn't really in the mood. I still should be able to get it done with exactly 2 weeks to go until Forbidden West.

I'm still pretty early, as I put in maybe an hour so far, but I'm enjoying it as expected so far. Playing it in Performance Mode and it still looks pretty good to me. I've always been a fan of developers using the speaker on the DS4/DualSense, so it's cool that they use it for some of the chatter. Getting my ass handed to me by Rocket in the bet you have early on, but oh well.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I plat’d both The Last of Us games last year, the first one is quite a difficult plat tbh… the second one is fine.

I think all games trophy/achievement lists have gotten easier as time has passed tbh… but the second The Last of Us is a clear crystallisation of this fact, when you consider how difficult the previous Naughty Dog lists were.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Voltan

Yeah, just beat Uncharted 4. Exceptional game and an absolute PlayStation classic. I barely got any trophies but I did get the lemur one so I’m good

Did I mention that the 3D audio is awesome in this one? Because it’s pretty awesome.

Edit: and you can pet the dog (in the epilogue)

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

render

@Th3solution @RogerRoger @Voltan Worse than the speedrun and crushing trophies was the accuracy trophy. I found a good farming spot but I remember sitting there until 2am just shooting these two armoured dudes to get my stats up. Looking back I’m not sure it was worth it.

@colonelkilgore You did well on TLoU1 as I remember having the conversation with you before you went back to it about how few trophies we’d both got from one play through. You seemed to get through it in a couple of weeks though which was good considering it’s got those couple of online ones.

@velio84 I am still two trophies away from the platinum on Sackboy so really need to give that a go again. Fingers crossed your few ciphers will show up on your next run.

render

Splat

Just started Dying Light 2. So far so good.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

colonelkilgore

@render so I chipped away at the TLoU multiplayer while I was playing other things. Think I was playing Ashen primarily at the time… and the toxic TLoU multiplayer (I took some abuse for being a noob fair play 😅) was actually a nice break from Ashen’s Children of Sissna difficulty 😅😅.

Then I played through TLoU single player a couple of times a few months later, the first to mop up collectibles and the second for the Survivor+ run. The Survivor run was tricky, what with so few crafting items and the infected hearing anything more than the slowest of creeps… but it was definitely the multiplayer that acts as the gatekeeper. Firstly the 30 day survival system (needed in both factions… so essentially 60 day survival)… but also due to a community that is just so anti-noob, that it could deter anyone but for the thickest of skin. Lucky for me, mines like a frikkin rhino’s! 🤣

PS. Nice new avatar btw

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore It sounds like hard work especially dealing with the community. Think I’m happy I didn’t attempt it but it’s a shame that’s how it is. Hearing about this and how hard Destiny is to get into for a noob makes me glad I generally steer clear of this online stuff.

I do like Naughty Dog stuff though so it will be really interesting to see what they can do with a fully multiplayer game - even if I don’t play it 😀

render

KilloWertz

@Voltan Lol, yeah, it wasn't even close. Me having to adjust to the adaptive triggers since I rarely leave them on didn't really help, as by the time I got a shot off that actually went off he had already shot 1 or 2. If I was going for the platinum, it would be different. I'd also turn the adaptive triggers off too.

I still might turn them off since it is making pulling off certain shots a bit of a pain, but I'm giving them a chance for now. I don't like using them with most shooters. The game has been great though.

On a side note, it seems like you love your 3D audio.

Edited on by KilloWertz

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 Yeah I traded the game not long after I got the platinum. It did slightly mar the experience for me, which I why I generally don't go for grindy trophies or ones that require multiple playthroughs.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 Yeah due to amount of time I had spent on the game, I wasn't gonna give up. I think most other games I would have given up way before, but as it felt like a dream to play it was a difficult one to put down.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

I debated starting Lost Legacy straight away after 4 but I launched Lost In Random instead. I like the style and I don't suppose it's very long.

Voltan

Voltan

@Iver So far there hasn't been any combat at all but I suppose that changes soon

Voltan

Voltan

@Iver I've had some combat now and I actually like the random part. It's a little stiff otherwise though.

Voltan

KilloWertz

@Voltan Lost in Random is supposed to be around 15 hours. I started playing it some earlier in the week when I just wanted something fairly relaxing before starting Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday, but from what I played so far Lost in Random to me kind of felt like if Kena and a Tim Burton movie had a baby. At least on some level given it's weirdness and the kind of bow and arrow shooting weak points style combat.

Edited on by KilloWertz

Voltan

@KilloWertz That sounds about right - I made it to the 4th town (I believe there are 6, because it's all dice references and stuff) and my play time is around 8 hours. I like it. My only disappointment is zero controller features. Even basic rumble is weirdly rare.
But also I took a look at the trophy list and realized some seem missable (and missed) unless there's some kind of chapter select once I beat it. Maybe I'll speed run it or something if there isn't.

Voltan

KilloWertz

@Voltan I'm perfectly fine with that as I wasn't expecting anything fancy with the controller since it's an indie game.

I liked it as well. I'm just not sure when I'm going to actually finish it now that I'm playing Guardians of the Galaxy. If I can squeeze it in before Horizon Forbidden West, I will, but then otherwise I guess it'll have to wait until after. It's short, so no big deal.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic