Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 3,443

Thrillho

@Voltan Cool. It seem a bit weird as on restarting I still had the couple of outfits I’d unlocked and one of the items I’d already found was in Rocket’s room. Hopefully I won’t need a guide then!

And I did have a peak at the trophy list to see which one it was you mentioned missing out on.

@colonelkilgore It’s a bit of a new release for you to be playing isn’t it?

Thrillho

render

@Thrillho @Voltan @colonelkilgore I've been playing this too and finding it really good fun. The dialog is definitely the best bit with a lot of the banter between the ships crew easily being as good as the films. I'm a good 17 hours in and still enjoying the story. While the gameplay is good though I am starting to find that indecision is an issue for me. During combat I bring up the guardians menu and now that I've got loads more abilities I'm spending way too long deciding what ability to get them to use against the various enemies on screen 😂

@Voltan I lucky managed to avoid that same trap with then Galactic Frugality trophy but more out of luck than judgement. Hopefully the rest I can get using chapter select.

render

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho it is at that yes… I don’t know why I felt the urge to boost it up the schedule but for whatever reason I just really fancied playing it. It’ll be a Marvel one-two too, as I’ll be playing Spider-man: Miles Morales directly after it.

@render good to know that the banter still entertains even when you’re close to the end.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Voltan

@Thrillho Very mild spoiler for chapter 6: There will be several ways to spend money there - just don't do any of them and you'll be fine with the trophy (which you can unlock several chapters later). You don't really get anything for spending other than a couple lines of dialogue.

Voltan

RogerRoger

I've just started Terminator: Resistance Enhanced and, knowing its development backstory an' everything, I'm actually quite impressed. I can see myself really enjoying this!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger Or maybe you just are very easily impressed.

Seriously though, I've been tempted to try it at least a couple of times. Maybe someday, and I think it has a pretty easy trophy/achievement list if I remember correctly.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore hmm, I’ll keep that in mind, thanks! As much as I’m enjoying Hades, I think I’ll be done with anything similar for a time.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer yeah it’s understandable, I’ve heard Hades (while fantastic) is a major time sink.

I’m in no rush to plough through them all in fairness. I’ll probably end up putting a few months between each SuperGiant game myself, if I get both Transistor and Pyre done by the end of 2022 I’ll be happy.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

KilloWertz wrote:

@RogerRoger Or maybe you just are very easily impressed.

Oh, there's no "maybe" about that. It's both possible and probable.

But then I grew up with a bunch of well-meaning, supremely average licenced games, the kind that have been absent since the PS3 era, so I'm loving the throwback feel.

The trophy list is very straightforward, yes. You reach a certain chapter about a third of the way through, and they suddenly start popping every five minutes. I'm around the 60% completion mark, and the rest appear to be mostly gold story-related rewards.

Unless its ending is a disaster, I reckon I'm gonna buy its new DLC when I'm done.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

NedStarksGhost

Hey how are you all? Been a while since I've posted again as I fell into a gaming rut of playing FIFA Ultimate Team (don't ask me why...).

However I finished Deathloop last night and thought it was a good time to post. I really enjoyed it, the gameplay was great and I liked the way the story progressed. Not so sure about the end though.

What did those of you who've played think of it?

NedStarksGhost

Voltan

@NedStarksGhost I'll be starting Deathloop next. You're not the first to mention "not being sure about the ending" fwiw

Voltan

NedStarksGhost

@Voltan nice, it's definitely worth the playthrough as I found the gameplay loop really fun. However I turned off the online function of the game, had one too many incidents of getting killed by a Julianna when I was in the middle of finding some crucial info!

NedStarksGhost

JohnnyShoulder

@NedStarksGhost Hey there, good to have you back on the forums. I posted on here recently that after about 50 hours in Deathloop I hit a brick wall and couldn't be bothered with it anymore. Loved the way movement and gun play felt, and the overall presentation. But it got a bit too samey for me towards the end of my time. I may go back to it, I'm undecided, but it won't be until the new year after I've played a few more games.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@NedStarksGhost Nice to see you back. I had wondered how you were doing and hoping you were okay. Glad you’ve made it through the “rut” and enjoyed Deathloop. I’ve not played it and am lukewarm on the game, to be honest. The favorable impressions and reviews have my curiosity piqued though.

What’s next on your plans to play?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

Cracking on with Guardians at the moment and it’s weird because it’s the first PS5 game where I’ve really noticed loading times at all.

They’re almost certainly no worse than games back on the PS4 but after such snappy/near invisible loading times on every other game, it’s been quite noticeable to me.

Thrillho

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore haha way more of a time sink than I was expecting. I’ve been bitten hard by the “Just one more run” bug. After playing Returnal, thus having something to compare it to (roguelikes are new to me), there are some things I think Hades just does so well. I still prefer the moment to moment gameplay of Returnal but the way Hades’ narrative is built around the roguelike framework is utter genius. When you get to it, it’s a gooder.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

NedStarksGhost

@velio84 yeah the invasions aspect is quite fun but just not when you're trying to get through a story and pick up information. I found it a distraction at times I just didn't want. I tried playing as Julianna invading others, that was quite fun.

@JohnnyShoulder thanks! I can see where you'r coming from Johnny, after finishing it I didn't feel any need to go back and do more. I was just happy to finish the game where I was, and not unlock all of the side stuff.

@Th3solution thank you, I'm doing well now and hope you are too! I think you should give it a go when it's on sale, I found it quite interesitng as a premise, and the gameplay is really fun. Next up I need to get back to HZD, I stopped again as I was gifted Deathloop for my birthday and wanted to prioritise it. What are you playing at the moment?

NedStarksGhost

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer glad you're enjoying it dude... sounds awesome. I reckon it'll probably be a while til I start it but definitely excited to play it.

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@Jimmer-jammer
Very glad to hear your high opinion of it. That's one game I have really wanted to play but have been putting off buying until I got PS5 so it will definitely be one of my first purchases.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Voltan

@Sorteddan To be fair Hades probably runs just fine on PS4, considering it was originally a Switch release... but PS5 is the only version that uses adaptive triggers when petting the dog!

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic