Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 3,446

colonelkilgore

@Voltan sounds a bit like my experience with Final Fantasy 15… on that I had a couple of missions that had level requirements far higher than what I had at beating the game. It does suck tbh… apart from that though, how did you find the game overall?

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@Voltan Sounds like a lot of work ahead! That’s usually where I jump off and abandon all hope of getting a game’s platinum. Even if I am absolutely enjoying a game, I rarely put myself through a heavy endgame grind if the final trophies require that. Respect for those that do it, though.

Nevertheless, it sounds like Tales of Arise is a really good game. I forget, is this your first ‘Tales’ game? If so, did you find it to be welcoming as a newcomer to the series?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Qu1n0n3z

Main game with 20+ hrs: Prey
Secondary with 2 hrs Nier: Replicant.

Qu1n0n3z

Qu1n0n3z

velio84 wrote:

Qu1n0n3z wrote:

Main game with 20+ hrs: Prey
Secondary with 2 hrs Nier: Replicant.

How does Prey run on the PS5? I think it's 30fps, but I've heard of input lag or stuff like this. Is there anything similar noticeable?

That's right, it runs at 30 (don't bothers me even I said I was never going back to 30), I've only experienced a major nasty bug that crashes the game (I avoid doing that pattern) and overall I have small but constant issues with my dual sense (lag when my control has low battery) also obviously long waits between stages or maps and not optimised image but since this is my very first time with this game and I'm not a picky player I don't care since I found this is a GEM of a game.

Qu1n0n3z

Voltan

@Th3solution @colonelkilgore Yeah, it's my first Tales game. I'd say it's a game that does everything just right for its genre but it's nowhere near the good Final Fantasy levels of story, characters and overall epicness.
Combat is fun (even more action oriented than FF7 Remake) and it looks very nice.
If I had to complain about something - technically you can control any of the characters during combat and the all play differently but there's very little reason to switch at any time. There's also little reason to change equipment loadouts depending on the situation. Even though some weapons strengthen your elemental magic (for a particular element) it seems like just going with your strongest one is the best route anyway.

But yeah, I'm definitely enjoying it, it's a good game - and a pretty long one as you can see (although definitely not this long if you don't care about the high level subquests or catching all the fish )

Voltan

Qu1n0n3z

@colonelkilgore I believe so, yes! I don't think Prey for PS5 will ever happen or maybe when they release Prey 2 (I'm PREYing they do the optimisation).

Qu1n0n3z

Voltan

@Qu1n0n3z Prey 2 will probably be Xbox exclusive if it happens, unfortunately. It's Bethesda.

Voltan

Qu1n0n3z

@Voltan You are right! lucky for me I'm ready with my XBOX

Qu1n0n3z

colonelkilgore

@Voltan sounds pretty awesome, picked it up fairly cheap in the sales as I know I’ll want to play it at some point. Hopefully I’ll be able to squeeze it in in 2022 with some schedule-shuffling 😉

Any idea on what you’ll be playing after this?

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Qu1n0n3z

@velio84 You are right, I hope you get the chance to play it, it's a really good game.. in fact playing this I discovered that I really like these type of games (“immersive sim”?) I just can't leave my controller.

Qu1n0n3z

LieutenantFatman

@JohnnyShoulder

Yes, playing Demon's Souls definitely has me excited for their next game, very much looking forward to that. I always enjoy their games, only one I haven't played I can think of is Dark Souls 2. And the VR game they released not too long ago.

LieutenantFatman

Voltan

Credits are rolling on Tales of Arise.
I suppose I earned it by doing all the hard sub-quests but the final fight was maybe a little too easy, lol. I stocked up on all kinds of restoration items and ended up using exactly one of them.
Let's see about that post-game grind for trophies now...

Edit: Good news is - one of the post-game quests is a rather lengthy one. I'm currently halfway through it and already level 75 (partially thanks to eating the kind of food that boosts XP gains, no doubt), so if this keeps up, I should be much closer to level 100 at the end of it.

Edit2: Upon completing the quest, I'm level 92. Not bad. I also acquired a rather powerful sword in the process, which should make any grinding a little easier

Edit3: Aaaand the last quest got me to level 96. No complaining from me then!
I did not expect this one to be so hard and didn't prepare enough - but I pulled through somehow

Gotta call it a night now but I only have 4 levels to grind left and then one fight for the last trophy. Nice.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore I saw that you completed Bastion. I haven’t played it or any of their others but I’ve been playing Hades and it’s pretty good. Enjoying it more than I was expecting to. Might give Bastion a go at some point.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer it’s a strange one mate, in so much that I was expecting to love Bastion and for most of my two playthroughs I just thought it was barely okay. Then I had to complete four sections where you have to face multiple waves of enemies buffed to the power of 10 and I started to realise just how playable and versatile it was… and from what I’ve seen of Hades it appears to use a fairly similar system albeit speeded up a bit and placed in a rogue-lite framework.

Because so much of my time with it was fairly mediocre, I’d struggle to recommend it but if you saw it going cheap in a sale or something it could be worth a punt.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

I started with Guardians of the Galaxy recently and it is good fun so far. The “banter” between the squad is good fun too but there’s so much dialogue that it does get cut off abruptly quite a lot when you end up triggering part of the story instead.

I also restarted the game already having just got through part of chapter 2 as it very weirdly sounds like collectibles don’t stack if you use chapter select at the end of the game so you have to replay the whole game pretty much to get the trophy. I decided to go back and be more thorough from the start instead but it’s a weird design decision to me.

Thrillho

Voltan

@Thrillho The costumes can be unlocked in chapter select just fine. I’m not sure about the various objects that trigger new conversations on the ship - there’s a trophy for finding a certain number of those but it doesn’t have to be all (I just checked: it’s half of them overall and all for one of the guardians). I managed to find enough without any guides.
The one trophy you have to be careful about if you don’t want to replay half the game is “Galactic Frugality”.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho I started this Saturday evening as it goes… and yeah the banter between the characters is actually very well done in fairness. Drax in particular is raising a few smiles with his feelings about Gamora. I’ve only played through chapter 1 so far but it seems pretty great.

Gonna have a deep dive into it tomorrow.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic