Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 3,537

R1spam

Just started up ratchet and clank after getting a shot off a mate (I know, retro lol). The visual fidelity of this game is insane. I think this may be the best looking game with regards to graphics/animation I've ever seen.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

JohnnyShoulder

Sackboy. Initially I thought it was only OK, but then I realised what it is doing with the music and it started to mix up the gameplay a bit. Then one of the levels has a song by The Chemical Brothers which is the point the game clicked with me.

I didn't realise there were some contemporary songs in the game. There are some songs which I genuinely hate due having heard them so many times, but the way the whole level is in time to the music is great. It can be a bit annoying if you haven't progressed which makes the music stay on a loop until you get further into the level.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

render

@JohnnyShoulder There’s one level I played through so many times that has a Britney Spears track. I didn’t like it before but I like it even less now 😆

Great game otherwise with some really tight gameplay. There’s a guy called the CookiestMonster that does booster sessions for getting the knitter knight trial trophies and if you watch him play it makes you realise just how good you can get if you’ve got all the moves down.

render

nessisonett

Played the first couple of hours of Deathloop and it’s very very good. A lot of systems at play but they seem to work well together and the humour is surprisingly good, a bit darker than I expected. Humour in games is usually of the ‘wacky’ or ‘quippy’ variety so I’m glad it hits a slightly better tone. Haven’t been invaded by another player yet but I reckon I’d get absolutely slaughtered.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I played about 50 hours in Deathloop before I hit a brick wall as I just couldn't be bothered playing the same areas over and over again. Plus i think I got a bit fed up with the limited weapon variety. But it does feel fantastic to play with the movement and gunplay feeling quite slick. I might go back to it, but I'm undecided at the moment.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Elodin

@nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder I picked this up from the library to give it a try before purchase. I also enjoyed the gunplay, but all the mask wearing enemies seemed to cheapen it for some reason and repeating the same same zones got a bit boring. I still may buy on a sale though when looking for a fun shooter.
Side note: I noticed Serious Sam 4 just came out. Looks like a fun Doom clone. Fast paced fun gun play. Too bad I dont have xbox to try that for free.

Elodin

Voltan

I'm 30-35h into Tales of Arise and it seems to be a turning point in the story, which had been pretty straightforward so far. Not that I didn't like it up to this point (it's decent) but I hope cool stuff starts happening now
I'm enjoying the game, combat is fun and difficulty is just right for me (on the default setting).

Voltan

johncalmc

I've been playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla for 87 years now. I think I'm somewhere near the end. Honestly I like it quite a lot. The enemies die quickly which I appreciate. It probably doesn't need to be this long though.

johncalmc

Twitter:

hobbes242

I'm about 15 hours in with Horizon Zero Dawn. After all the quick, pick-up-and-go games here and there, and finishing R&C: Rift Apart for the 2nd time, I'm finally diving into Horizon. And holy crap is it ever good! Definitely lives up to the hype.
Side note: I hate glint hawks.

hobbes242

RogerRoger

@hobbes242 Don't worry, everybody hates Glinthawks.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@johncalmc I would push on until you get to at least 90 years.

Elodin

@johncalmc just wait until Crusader Kings 3 comes out, then you can truly conquer England or at least your heir could or maybe his heir...

Elodin

colonelkilgore

Played through the first chapter of ‘It Takes Two’ with the missus. It’s pretty great fair play, I really enjoyed it. The missus did find it really stressful though, she has a phobia about jumping (and even worse double-jumping) in video-games and wouldn’t you just know it... May (the wife character) has to do a helluva lot of platforming. She did really well tbh but she found the whole session anxiety-inducing.

I’m hoping that it’ll subside and she’ll start to realise that she enjoyed it a bit... but I’m not gonna push it for us to play chapter 2, I’m gonna let her bring it up I think.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

LieutenantFatman

Completed Resident Evil Village the other day, that was fun. Playing through Demon's Souls now, what an experience. Usually I summon assistance here and there in Souls games but I'm doing everything solo for this one.

With magic being so powerful, I've not struggled with anything so far. Really interesting to see the game that started it all and now with the best graphics.

LieutenantFatman

colonelkilgore

colonelkilgore wrote:

Played through the first chapter of ‘It Takes Two’ with the missus. It’s pretty great fair play, I really enjoyed it. The missus did find it really stressful though, she has a phobia about jumping (and even worse double-jumping) in video-games and wouldn’t you just know it... May (the wife character) has to do a helluva lot of platforming. She did really well tbh but she found the whole session anxiety-inducing.

I’m hoping that it’ll subside and she’ll start to realise that she enjoyed it a bit... but I’m not gonna push it for us to play chapter 2, I’m gonna let her bring it up I think.

Lol... looks like the anxiety might’ve already started to subside. The missus just casually mentioned “I don’t know if we shouldn’t try chapter 2...”. That’s my girl!

**** DLC!

Voltan

I think I’m getting near the end of Tales of Arise… which stresses me out a bit because I’m nowhere near the end of its trophy list 😂

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@LieutenantFatman Glad you enjoying Demon's Souls. I hear magic is OP in this game, so interesting to hear from someone that uses it. Not that I played the original game, but having a steady 60fps really makes a difference. I still think it is one of the best looking games I've played, but I've yet to play Ratchet and Clank, so that may change.

Are you you looking forward to Elden Ring?

Voltan

I've been playing Tales of Arise all weekend... almost 70 hours in, I think I've done everything I could (except a couple sidequests that can apparently only be done in the post-game) and I'm where the game warns me about it being "the point of no return".
Having beaten all the optional side quest bosses (who really required some leveling up and still gave me trouble), I suppose the final boss shouldn't be too hard.
However, at this point my characters are lvl 60 and one of the trophies requires leveling up to level 100, which sounds like a serious grind :/ (there's also another one for beating a challenge that has a recommended level of 99). Looks like I'm looking at several hours of mindless grinding for trophies again (Scarlet Nexus did the same thing)...

Voltan

jdv95

@Voltan i have heard there is quite a bit of end game content so maybe the grind should not be that boring?

jdv95

Voltan

@jdv95 I hope you're right and it doesn't just mean the stuff I've already done I didn't look up anything except the list of subquests (as the game tells me there are 3 more but I wasn't able to find them) so I guess I'll find out tonight.
There's also a NG+ but that doesn't sound like a faster way to level up

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic