Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 3,566

nessisonett

Started Resident Evil Village. Spent way too long just wandering around the house šŸ˜‚

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

Untitled

Made VIP for the first time
Itā€™s almost cheating to do it today of all days but whatever, Iā€™ll take it

Voltan

nessisonett

Man, Resi Village really is brilliant. Really does feel like a natural step forward from 7 and the gunplayā€™s fantastic with the DualSense. Proper immersive sitting in the dark with headphones on but Iā€™ve had several scares in the first few hours that have made me completely lose my nerve. Onto the whole ā€˜run around the mostly unlocked castle while getting chased by invulnerable baddieā€™ now though, which is my least favourite part of these games. I just want those collectibles!

Jimmer-jammer

@nessisonett glad youā€™re enjoying it. I just recently wrapped it up and also think itā€™s quite good. Many times Iā€™d feather the doorway of the safe room when Lady Dimitrescu was in pursuit. Her still, cold stare really freaks me out!

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

Onto House Beneviento now in Resi Village. Sweet Lord this game got scary fast. Iā€™m surprised there havenā€™t been more comparisons to early Silent Hill actually, with the Village being really similar to the street sections from those games and then the houses being similar to the more traditional levels like the hospital, school etc. Itā€™s without doubt the best game from this year Iā€™ve played yet though, weā€™ll see if it sticks the landing as I get further into the game as RE games do tend to somewhat go off the rails towards the end.

Kidfried

@nessisonett I am so very interested in Resident Evil Village, but I still haven't played VII. You reckon I should give that one a go?

Kidfried

RaZieLDaNtE

Hi there fellow gamers.
Guardians of the Galaxy is a must play I tell you. Eidos Montreal made an amazing job with this game.
IĀ“m having a lot of fun with this game. The characters are very well written, the world building is pretty cool, the gameplay is fun with all the different guardians combinations you can do in combat and, of course, the amazing soundtrack that just elevates everything.
I love the banter between the guardians. ItĀ“s probably my favourite thing about the game. Give it a try.
Cheers, stay safe everyone and happy gaming to us all

"Don't regret your past, learn from it. Regrets just make a person weaker".

"Solid Snake"

"Want to be a stronger person? Live the moment of your Present, donĀ“t forget your Past and use it to build up your Future."

"RaZieLDaNtE"

RogerRoger

@RaZieLDaNtE You're not the first to highlight the quality of the game's writing. I'm grateful for your reinforcement of its overall positives, because my disdain for the movies is holding me back, but I should be open to trying a fresh take on the characters. Glad you're enjoying it!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

render

@RaZieLDaNtE I've got this to play next and can't wait to get started. It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.

I was definitely the same with this @RogerRoger. While I quite liked the GotG movies generally I've gone off the whole MCU thing as it just feels like there's just too much of it these days - almost like every movie is a Marvel movie.

render

nessisonett

@Kidfried Yeah, itā€™s a direct sequel to VII so I couldnā€™t imagine playing it without. Thereā€™s a catch-up video but I do think itā€™s important to play VII first.

RaZieLDaNtE

@RogerRoger @render Hi there friends.
ThatĀ“s quite interesting. What didnĀ“t you like in GoTG movies if I may ask?
Because the game has a lot from the comics, but also a bit from the movies. Especially the characters and how they interact with each other. They are always messing around with one another and to me,
itĀ“s a big part of why I like both the movies and the game.
The last MCU movie I saw was Spiderman Far From Home, and as a fan of Spiderman the character,
IĀ“m kinda disapointed to be honest. I wanna see Spiderman, not Spiderkid, but thatĀ“s just me.
Again, the game is more like the comic version of GoTG, so the movie plotline does not exist.
Wich IĀ“m glad Eidos decided to create a different story for the game. Makes things more interesting.
But IĀ“m really enjoying the game so far and thatĀ“s always a good thing.
Cheers, stay safe yaĀ“ll and have a good one

"Solid Snake"

"Want to be a stronger person? Live the moment of your Present, donĀ“t forget your Past and use it to build up your Future."

"RaZieLDaNtE"

render

@RaZieLDaNtE For me it's not that I didn't like them, it's more than I got burned out on the whole Marvel Universe thing so just stopped watching them. When the game was announced and before I read the reviews I was not going to bother with it but with all the positive praise that made me reevaluate my position on it.

Even though I really enjoyed the Spiderman games I don't enjoy the movies as much and got bored with the Avengers and other Marvel movies, so much so that it took me a while to bother watching Endgame etc.

Anyway I'm glad the game is good and that means I can enjoy it

render

RaZieLDaNtE

@render Yeah, I see what you mean. But sometimes we gotta give something a chance.
It might be worth it.
Cheers, stay safe and all the best

"Solid Snake"

"RaZieLDaNtE"

RogerRoger

@RaZieLDaNtE Personally speaking, my problems with the Guardians movies mainly revolve around Chris Pratt's interpretation of the Star-Lord character and the director's various "artistic" choices, specifically with regards the soundtrack. I understand that some of what I dislike might be inherent to the source material, however, so I'm waiting for the game to hit a certain price before I take the risk, because it could just be that the Guardians aren't for me. I do kinda like Rocket (80% of the time; he was much improved in Infinity War, when somebody else wrote him) and definitely like Groot and Drax, though.

Anyway, all the positive reactions to the game are helping raise that ideal price point, but I'm still nervous about dropping so much money on something I may end up disliking.

Sorry if I'm being overly cautious or negative! Am really pleased you're enjoying the game!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@RogerRoger FWIW, while I liked Drax in the movies, I thought the game version was much better
Rocket's really good too, and he talks a lot in this. I'm not familiar with the comics though.

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Voltan Wow, that must be a good Drax, then! Cheers!

[adds another quid to ideal price point]

Making It So Since 1987

Col_McCafferty

Getting close to the end of R&C Rift Apart. It's been a lot of fun, not sure why some people were so dismissive of it's charms. The new characters are a delight and the gameplay is familiar but still really good. Not sure what my favourite weapon is, maybe the Robot glove!

Will definitely pick up Guardians of the Galaxy game at some point, also sounds like a fun game.

Col_McCafferty

RaZieLDaNtE

@RogerRoger @Voltan Yeah, Drax in this game is awesome. Rocket to.
There are some hilarious dialogue between them as with other characters as well.
Some really funny scenes. And thereĀ“s emotion to. They actualy care. Even if they donĀ“t admit it.
Well, some of them šŸ˜œ
Seriously, I could watch and listen to this crazy family all day.
ThatĀ“s why the game works for me personaly.
Cheers, stay safe yaĀ“ll and have a good one

Edited on by RaZieLDaNtE

"Solid Snake"

"RaZieLDaNtE"

nessisonett

Well hey, that section in RE Village is the scariest hour of the entire franchise. If you know then you absolutely know. Proper disturbing stuff. Donā€™t do malformed fetus monsters, not a fan at all.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic