Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 781 to 800 of 2,757

nessisonett

@PossibLeigh Yeah, I lost mine from the first and second biomes there. I just want the game to let me finish it 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

Finished that run I started earlier. Did small progress (but still progress) on surveys, processed a data cube. Killed Nemesis. I’m at max ether again, despite powering the recycler (didn’t need it).
This is going to tak a while, isn’t it? 😉

Edit: I’m missing 15 ciphers (8 of which are in Crimson Wastes) and 4 scout logs. It’s not a lot but on a run like this I found nothing in biome 1 (only 1 scout log missing, notorious for being rare), 1 cipher in 2, and a log in 3 (missing 2 ciphers). I think the rest of scout logs are in act 2.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

render

@PossibLeigh @nessisonett Ah bad luck. Mine happened after collecting all the keys and unlocking the door on 3. Lucky for me it wasn’t until the next day that the crash happened so my good one had been backed up on the cloud.

I can imagine it’s really hard to play any game that’s slower paced after returnal. Tonight I just realised that if you got back into a challenge room then you get the challenge experience all over again. Not sure I’m going to do that again in a hurry 🤣

render

nessisonett

Got to love that AAA polish 😂

Untitled

render

Managed to find all the fragments bar the one in 6. Took on the boss and won again anyway so that’s all the bosses done at least twice. Got 12 data cubes now as well. Looks like I’m missing a lot of other things though including the infamous scout log number 9.

render

nessisonett

Apparently there was a third consumable slot. I had no idea hahaha. Just hunting my last fragment just now, in the 6th biome. It hasn’t spawned in the past two cycles so hopefully it does this time.

Ok, I’ve now done 4 cycles completely exploring the 6th biome and I cannot find the fragment for the life of me. Can’t really be arsed anymore, just want it to end.

Edited on by nessisonett

colonelkilgore

@PossibLeigh I hadn’t heard of Curse of the Dead Gods until your post, ‘if’ still Hades doesn’t end up releasing on PlayStation (given the recent rumour of certification in Korea seems to indicate that it will though) maybe I’ll try that 👍

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore So not Enter the Gungeon?

So I've played a few more hours of this. Experienced no issues whatsoever. Really like the combat just feels so smooth and slick to play. Love the design of the world and enemies, some parts remind me of the bit in Alien when they find that big space jockey/engineer. The sound design is flipping amazing too, although I've not really noticed the 3D sound too much. I'm using the Platinum headsets, which are 3D compatible but maybe they aren't that great to use in this respect. Awesome use of the DualSense too.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder nah having looked at both in action Hades & Curse of the Dead Gods appeal to me more... as I implied though, if Hades does release that will be the one I play.

**** DLC!

PossibLeigh

@JohnnyShoulder Both Hades and Curse have more involved combat and are slightly more forgiving than Gungeon.

@colonelkilgore Yeah, Hades is bound to be released on PS4. I would say, in Curse there is no story at all. No narrative. So if you like story, Hades is definitely the one to go for.

PossibLeigh

colonelkilgore

@PossibLeigh story is not integral to me but a strong narrative is a great cherry on top. I’ve heard that Hades’ story is a great addition to its fundamentals and enhances the experience so that’s the one I’m (& have been for months) waiting for. Curse does look fun though.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore @PossibLeigh I actually didn't think Enter the Gungeon was all that, I was just using it as an example of one of the games in the genre that could be bought at a decent price.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Finally got the last fragment.... and then the game crashed. I now no longer have the fragment. I am getting close to just putting the game in the bin.

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder Enter The Gungeon was in Play At Home so there's a good chance everyone already has it

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder in fairness I have heard people say good things about EtG bit having looked at a few vids it just doesn't appeal to me enough to put 80 hours into it (I think that was the estimate for the platinum). Hades on the other hand does appeal to me on that level.

Who knows, once I've played through Hades and Returnal I might find myself jonesing some more rogue-likes and or lites that I end uo giving some others like Dead Cells, Binding of Isaac and Enter the Gungeon a go.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Voltan yeah Johnny and I were chatting about it yesterday, I didn't add it at the time and kinda regret it now.

**** DLC!

PossibLeigh

@nessisonett I too have pretty much reached my limit after a fruitless night trying to get the third artifact again.

PossibLeigh

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic