Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 481 to 500 of 2,757

render

@Mgene15 Totally is. I'm glad that you and @Voltan are still really hooked even after finishing it as that means when I eventually get to the end (yes it's a when and not an if šŸ˜) then I'll surely want to keep playing as well.

render

PossibLeigh

@Quintumply, @Voltan Thanks, gents.

@render I'm thinking this might be the hardest part of the game, unless the 1 object in each biome later also have to be collected in one run. Which, thinking about it now, of course they will have to be!

PossibLeigh

Voltan

@PossibLeigh If you mean the act 3 things - no, they're autosaved immediately

Voltan

PossibLeigh

@Voltan Oh, wow! That actually seems quite generous! šŸ˜‚

PossibLeigh

JohnnyShoulder

The cheapest I've seen this from a reliable online retailer Ā£64, but if you get 2 X Ā£35 PSN wallet top up from CD Keys it works out at Ā£61. A small saving, but a saving none the less, so will most likely get this digitally. Unless the prices comes in the next week or so, which I don't think it will.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

render

@JohnnyShoulder I did the same and bought digitally with 2 x Ā£35 topups. You won't be disappointed šŸ‘

render

Scratchy_Seal

Voltan wrote:

@PossibLeigh Act 1 is 1-3, Act 2 is 4-6. To complete Act 3, you need to find 6 collectibles (one in each biome), do another house sequence and beat the final boss again (in this order).

Hmm so Iā€™m not really sure what Iā€™m doing then! Second play through and managed a full exploration (what I thought was every room) of biomes 1, 2 and 3, all bosses included and I donā€™t think I found any of the collectibles you speak of? I havenā€™t googled to be fair, to prevent spoilers so not sure what they even look like. Then when moving to biome 4 I had a new house sequence (4th one I think?).

Maybe I should abandon that run and just jump back to biome 1 again and Iā€™ll know the item if I see it?

Oh and youā€™re right those tier 6 challenges are no joke!

Scratchy_Seal

nessisonett

@Voltan Ah. I feel significantly worse about my daily challenge score now šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@render Yeah I did it with all of my day one purchases last year, except for Demon's Souls and Cyberpunk as my ps4 disk drive was a bit dodge!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@Scratchy_Seal Maybe they start spawning after you do all the previous house sequences? That would probably make sense. I've found two of them in my first Act 3 run (both were in optional rooms).
They're called sun face fragments and they appear in the permanent items section of your status screen.

Voltan

render

Well that's it, I think my wife is trying to tell me that she's fed up with watching me die as she's now started playing it herself. She is normally more into platform games e.g. Crash Bandicoot or Hollow Knight. Really hoping she doesn't turn out to be better than me but it's highly possible I'll be watching her play the ending first šŸ˜…

render

katamariUK

@Scratchy_Seal I found all 6 of the 'items' in my second playthrough. There was 1 in each biome in a random spot, they are permanent once you collect them and they never respawn in that biome (at least I could never find them again).
They seem to be literally anywhere, but not behind any locked doors so far. Usually near something else of interest on the mini-map, such as a data cube or locked door, but that may be coincidence.

Game dev.

Voltan

@render To be fair both those games you mentioned are pretty punishing too lol

Voltan

render

@Voltan Ha ha you aren't wrong there. Hollow Knight was another game I picked up first and didn't think I'd enjoy but ended up loving it. My wife then came along and showed me how it should be done.

render

Thrillho

Untitled

I've done the "prologue" and made it to the house on my first life so far. Had a few almost deaths but doing okay overall; the parasite I got that regens health slightly when it gets low has saved me on a couple of occasions. Just trying to figure out what the hell is going on with different coloured doors, how perks work etc.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Voltan

@Thrillho
The doors are easy.
Rectangular ones are the main path. You'll always get to your objective if you only follow these.
Triangular ones are optional side paths, eventually lead to a dead end but will usually contain some goodies (along with some baddies).
Red doors lead to the boss vault.
Rectangular doors with a symbol above them (other than golden ones with a star) indicate a shortcut to another biome (you'll unlock these later).
Golden ones with a star are challenge rooms: you enter, the door locks and the room throws several waves of enemies at you. These are usually optional but there's at least one exception.

A bright color means you haven't been there yet, a darker one means you have.
That's basically all

Voltan

nessisonett

Hooray, beat Ixion there! Took 3 tries to beat it but finally done. Funnily enough it was on a pretty crap run with a kinda rubbish Hollowseeker. I was saved by a reviving parasite in combination with the artifact that restores integrity when a parasite detaches.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

I just played for about an hour and achieved nothing

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic