Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 501 to 520 of 2,757

render

@nessisonett Nice work, sounds like you are making some good progress.

@Voltan Sounds like my usual evenings playing except change an hour to several hours 🤣

render

Voltan

@render On second thought - I did find like 4 ether.

Voltan

Thrillho

@Voltan Cheers. Most of it was pretty self explanatory.

I made it to Phrike on my first run, thought it was an easy fight, and then realised that was just the first wave.. Died with about 10% of it's health left on the third part as I dashed into a wall and got stuck.

Enjoying it so far but no frustration yet..

Thrillho

render

@Voltan That's something. I somehow ended up with 30 ether yesterday and didn't realise. I was playing the daily challenge when I did and was disappointed to realise that when I got to the end there would be no reward, well other than the satisfaction of being in the top half of the table.

render

nessisonett

@render I was making progress and now I’ve died 4 times in a row on the first biome 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@render My main problem is the rocket drones in biome 3. They do an obscene amount of damage and 1 dodge isn’t enough to avoid the rockets.

render

@nessisonett They ended many a good run for me. I eventually found the best way to take them on was to get a weapon with the void beam alt-fire and slice them up. You can easily take 4 - 5 of them out in one use of that.

render

nessisonett

Died thanks to a grapple point literally not working. I tried to use it from the right angle 3 different times and it left me short of the platform each time, even with a dash. It was on the main path too, so it’s not as if it was a detour that needed the spaceship figurine. It’s just rubbish as well because I was on a good run.

Thrillho

I made it past Phrike second time around and then got ended by one of the big jellyfish things in the next area.

I am completely on board with it being ridiculous you can't save mid run though.

Thrillho

Koftehor1

Sorry for my english ıt is not my native language. Before the update i had never encountered any issue for 27 hours.This is the first time i play the game after the update and in biom 6 first audio gone completely. Then my whole game frooze and stuck in the closing app screen. I press power button to reset to ps5 for 15 seconds. Is anyone who experienced the same thing?
I was using hollowseeker by the way

Koftehor1

render

@Thrillho Good effort. I quite like the crimson wastes as a bit of open space compared to the overgrown ruins. Those big jellyfish things are a pain though. I grappled past one once without realising it was there. It saw me though and I was stuck in a cave while it bombarded me with attacks.

@Koftehor1 I’ve not experienced that happen but I’ve seen other reports of sound issues. I think someone mentioned it might be related to 3D audio but I don’t know if that’s true or not. Surely lots of people are playing with that enabled.

render

Kidfried

@Koftehor1 That's so weird different people have responded differently to different updates.

I'm in biome 3 now. Feels great to have the grappling hook. I'm not great at these kind of games, and I have only played for about 2.5 hours this last week, so I'm not making a lot of progress. Still enjoying it, though.

Love how different the biomes are too.

Kidfried

JigsawPieces

Ahhh. Nearly gave up for the evening, but thought I'd have just /one/ more go ... and I got miles further into the second biome than I had before. New weapon to try, new bits of story and lore, and new things trying (quite successfully!) to murder me. Love this game

JigsawPieces

PSN: JigsawPieces

nessisonett

Has anybody found a use for the lobber? It’s the only weapon that I’d outright say is just bad.

PossibLeigh

@render I LOVE Hollow Knight! Such a beautiful aesthetic. I still haven't finished the third coliseum battle.

PossibLeigh

PossibLeigh

@nessisonett The lobbers awesome! Fire and forget! It's great for hitting once, then concentrating on avoidance until the enemy go explody. At later levels, it can also one shot mob enemies like a shotgun. It's, like, my second favourite weapon.

Edited on by PossibLeigh

PossibLeigh

PossibLeigh

@nessisonett Distance and constant strafing is the best tactic I've found for the droney chaps.

Edited on by PossibLeigh

PossibLeigh

PossibLeigh

@nessisonett That is one thing I think they need to fix. The window for recognising you are facing a grapple point is too small. It interrupts flow and has led to a few frustrating deaths.

PossibLeigh

nessisonett

@PossibLeigh It just feels like a worse rocket launcher for me but I guess I still need to experiment with its traits. Finally reached the boss of biome 3 but died on its third phase. I’m annoyed now 😂

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic