Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 281 to 300 of 2,757

Voltan

The new patch is live and my saves are fine! What a relief!

Voltan

phil_j

The few runs I had after the patch last night had the online aspect back in. A really good way to earn ether as avenging someone gets you 4, albeit after a tricky fight.
Still stuck on biome 2 as I have trouble with the giant square head octopus machines. Though I got my furthest so far on my last run yesterday.

phil_j

Voltan

@phil_j I guess it might be temporary but I was under the impression that they've overdone it a little this time. I was finding a dead scout almost in every other room
There's a risk attatched to it. You can avenge to get ether and pickups (big monster warning) or scavenge pickups by spending ether - but every once in a while the scout itself will grow tentacles and attack you instead of giving you the choice (this is not as hard as the avenging fight though).
I hear you also get something for getting avenged yourself by another player.

Voltan

katamariUK

I got to the 5th biome last night after a great 4th boss fight. It's getting really tough now!
Kinda afraid to boot up the game now though as I downloaded the dodgy patch last night after I finished playing. Should I delete and redownload the whole game to be safe or just wait for the next patch? Not sure if having the faulty patch installed will affect future updates in some way.

Game dev.

render

@Voltan Phew that is a relief, glad you didn’t lose your progress. Let’s hope that’s the last we see of that type of bug and we can just enjoy the game.

@Feena Totally agree, this game is just awesome fun. Can’t wait to get back into it later even after dying so brutally last night.

render

render

@katamariUK @Voltan said that the new patch is live now so you should be able to check for an update on the game specifically (selecting the tile on the home screen and pressing options). I don't know if there's a different version number for this latest patch but if it's still 1.3.3 then it might not download the updated patch and in which case it's probably best to delete the game and reinstall it. I'd definitely make sure you've got your save backed up first though.

render

Voltan

@katamariUK The next patch is already out and you don’t need to delete the game. Just don’t play it before you update.
Make sure it’s version 1.003.004.

Voltan

katamariUK

Thanks guys. I will back up my save and try the next patch.

Game dev.

Nei

@katamariUK OMG congrats, you are all so good at this! I hope I can get to the third biome tonight!

So when is the hard save? Fourth biome?

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

katamariUK

@Feena Thanks! Yep, the start of the fourth biome is a hard save.

Game dev.

Voltan

https://housemarque.com/news/2021/5/6/returnal-patch-134

Version 1.3.4 is mostly the same as 1.3.1 except some trophies are fixed and the keyboard cheats are removed.
This means the online thing will be most likely be absent again (until next patch, coming soon) and you'll be able to use the Helios healing multiple times again.
Also you might still get the door bug with DLC suits, unfortunately.

Hopefully 1.3.5 comes soon but properly tested this time.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Nei

@katamariUK thank you very much, hopefully will get there soon

Nei

Aaand the game crashed

Throb

Quick question for anyone who has got past biome 1. If i get to biome 2 and i die, do i start at the beginning of biome 2 instead of all the way back at biome 1?

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

MightyDemon82

@Throb back at biome 1 but you can go straight to biome 2 from the room with the gate. Better to build yourself up in biome 1 before going to biome 2, As you'll be better equipped for that second biome.

MightyDemon82

Throb

MightyDemon82 wrote:

@Throb back at biome 1 but you can go straight to biome 2 from the room with the gate. Better to build yourself up in biome 1 before going to biome 2, As you'll be better equipped for that second biome.

And the same for biome 3, you start at 1 and go through 2 via the gates?

jdv95

@Throb indeed.

there is a auto save at biome 4 though.

jdv95

Voltan

@Throb Actually once you have the grappling hook, which lets you enter the citadel (biome 3), you can go there straight from overgrown ruins. No need to go through crimson wastes at all.

Voltan

Throb

@jdv95 @Voltan @MightyDemon82
Thanks for the info guys. The game is awesome, looks great, 3d audio is great, plays sweet but i'm going to have to quote Dragon's Den
"I'm out", that's not for me. Anyone need a second hand copy of Returnal?

jdv95

@Throb can't blame you tbh.

it's very daunting at times.

jdv95

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic