Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 2,601 to 2,620 of 2,757

Just2Milky

@RubyCarbuncle Congratulations! B3 is the hardest one for me, and as @CJD87 says, B3 is easily the hardest part of it. No more drones exploding in your face!

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

render

@Just2Milky There's some drones in B4 but they are less friendly drones - they don't try and get to get up close and personal 😆

render

RubyCarbuncle

Thanks everyone and my weapon was the Electropylon Driver. It took over 20 hours to get this far but it was so worth it.

Edited on by RubyCarbuncle

RubyCarbuncle

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@RubyCarbuncle Glad you have broken through the barrier! I think we had a similar experience when playing through the game. I know I had a couple! Hopefully the rest of your playthrough will be more enjoyable.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@RubyCarbuncle Good job, my friend. I’m impressed! I’m glad that it turned out well for you coming back to it. Like others have said, it’s not necessarily easy from here on, but in my opinion it fees much less frustrating. Hard part’s over.

And yeah, the B4 boss run is so epic!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

TheRedComet

Ruby,

The Biome 4 Boss is the hardest boss in the game in my opinion. Be sure to prepare yourself. Get an Astronaut or Watch artifact so you can self revive on the spot. Spend your obolites on protection and integrity upgrades.

What makes him so difficult the first time around is that you’re limited to running Biome 4. That limits how many artifacts and upgrades you can pile on yourself. So you’ll be at relatively low integrity without high protection. Get what you can while you have the chance.

As for weapons, the rocket launcher with triple rockets and those tracking orbs traits does a high amount of damage. And the electropylon also does dumb damage, so that’s a good alternative. Hollowseeker or Carbine in a pinch. The issue with those two for that boss is that once you hit block 2 he starts throwing stupid fast tracking projectiles along with his normal bullet hell projectiles. So it limits your time to do damage because you have to dash out of the way right before they hit.

Whatever you do, in the last block of the fight, do not get directly near him. He will randomly spawn spikes out of the ground that do a ridiculous amount of damage on you. I had a lot of runs where I got to that point and I’d make the mistake of running near him on my route. I’d get hit by the spikes and one shotted.

Edited on by DreamlandGem

TheRedComet

CJD87

@RubyCarbuncle I see another future member of 'Club Returnal Platinum'...! Keep pushing, you've got this

CJD87

Th3solution

@RubyCarbuncle Some solid advice there from @TheRedComet — but for some reason I personally felt B4 boss was on the easier side of things. Maybe I got lucky my first time with it. And perhaps the other aspect is there isn’t the same fear of dying like there is with Ophion in B3 (I think that’s it’s name) whereby if you make it all way there and then die in the boss fight then you feel the acute pain of having to do a huge 2 hour run to get back there. Getting through B4 and combing every room leveling up to take that ascent to the B4 boss never felt that onerous to me, and maybe it’s just a stark contrast to the whole thing of trying to get to B3 boss that you just made it through.

But there is a lot going in the the way of attacks and projectiles in the B4 boss fight. So best of luck!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

Well deserved!

edit: also this

edit2: and also... BEST GAME

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Voltan

I missed another one apparently - got Best Music as well

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan @render @Thrillho Well deserved! Surprised there is nothing for this on the front page of this site yet... maybe they will repot on it tomorrow.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RubyCarbuncle

One thing with Returnal that really stood out to me above all else minus the difficulty was the audio. In fact I would go as far as to say it's the best I've ever heard in a game.

RubyCarbuncle

Twitter:

CJD87

Well deserved that Returnal is finally scooping some awards....

No longer 'always the bridesmaid...never the bride' !

CJD87

MightyDemon82

Oh wow congrats to everyone at Housemarque on all the awards. Truly phenomenal game, I unfortunately traded it in a little while ago but I'll definitely pick it up for a bargain in the future to try out the new content.

Also congrats to all of you who have gone on to beat the game since I last checked this thread.

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@RubyCarbuncle Yeah the 3D audio is amazing, and sounded really alien like in places.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

render

To celebrate this news last night I felt compelled to hit the tower and damn that place just keeps going (I mean it is endless after all!). I recorded a new personal best for me of over 5,000,000 and I'm now in the top half so I'll take that. It's way way off the number one spot though which is currently over 350,000,000. Some people are just god tier at this game.

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic