edit2: and also... BEST GAME

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Voltan

I missed another one apparently - got Best Music as well

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan @render @Thrillho Well deserved! Surprised there is nothing for this on the front page of this site yet... maybe they will repot on it tomorrow.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RubyCarbuncle

One thing with Returnal that really stood out to me above all else minus the difficulty was the audio. In fact I would go as far as to say it's the best I've ever heard in a game.

RubyCarbuncle

PSN: Friends only | Twitter:

CJD87

Well deserved that Returnal is finally scooping some awards....

No longer 'always the bridesmaid...never the bride' !

CJD87

MightyDemon82

Oh wow congrats to everyone at Housemarque on all the awards. Truly phenomenal game, I unfortunately traded it in a little while ago but I'll definitely pick it up for a bargain in the future to try out the new content.

Also congrats to all of you who have gone on to beat the game since I last checked this thread.

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@RubyCarbuncle Yeah the 3D audio is amazing, and sounded really alien like in places.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

render

To celebrate this news last night I felt compelled to hit the tower and damn that place just keeps going (I mean it is endless after all!). I recorded a new personal best for me of over 5,000,000 and I'm now in the top half so I'll take that. It's way way off the number one spot though which is currently over 350,000,000. Some people are just god tier at this game.

render

render

@RubyCarbuncle Yeah crazy hey! I think a lot of it is building your multiplier early but also having level 3 traits unlocked. You still have to avoid getting hit though which apparently they are quite good at and we are maybe not so much 😅

render

Just2Milky

@render some of the videos out there for #1 are crazy. I could barely get to 9.5 mil before dying!

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

render

@Just2Milky I had a look at some and those people have some sort of all seeing ability that enables them to react in a way that I can never truly understand. They have possibly transcended to a level above mere humans and are now just beings of energy feeding off of spare cycles in their PS5s CPU.

render

CJD87

@render How are things up in the tower?! Ha....

I've finally put down Elden Ring after hitting the plat, and have returned to Returnal - it definitely took some time for the muscle memory to kick back in!

It feels unreasonably quick paced after ER, but I am slowly finding my feet... and nothing hits quite like a nicely levelled Hollowseeker with Portal Beam III...

I'm determined to hit all the trophies, but I cannot get to the boss final form - which is 3:20 right?

3:11 is the furthest I've got, but the enemies hit so damn hard! Any tips? Are you focussing on weapon progression or integrity?

CJD87

Just2Milky

@CJD87 the main thing that helped me was: run. Get through rooms ASAP, and try to be near the portal so you can get the 50 obolites. I focused on health upgrades and then weapon proficiency, just cause you’ll be killing so many enemies.

Don’t forget to use disgorgers as well - they aren’t stingy in handing them out

Edited on by Just2Milky

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

CJD87

@Just2Milky Cheers man... its incredible fun, but a challenge for sure!

Yes, I actually have a bit of a tactic in that I try to clear all the hardcore enemies as a priority and then leave one 'straggler' (lower-tier) enemy so I can reposition right by the exit portal before taking him out.

The disorgers are awesome, and I'm doing my best to save these for the boss phases - they tend to absolutely melt through him, even his phase 2.

I think I'm trying to rush through the trophies so I can start playing Horizon... haha! I'm sure I can wrap this in a week perhaps.

Assume you've got all the DLC trophies now? RE. The 'Kill 100 enemies with disorgers' - can this be attained over multiple runs or does it need to be in a single session?

CJD87

render

@CJD87 Welcome to the tower 🥳

It’s a really tough mode and I’m amazed how big some of the scores are so far. I’ve only made it to 6.5m so far but I’m finding it very much like the main game. Sometimes you think you are on a good run and it all falls to pieces and other times you think about giving up on a run and it goes and goes. Either way it can go south in seconds on some of there later phases.

Your tactic about leaving a straggler near the exit is a good one and I’ve been trying to do the same myself. I’ve also been trying to use melee more early on and on any turrets due to it building the multiplier quicker. Another thing I’ve been doing is saving my disgorgers for the really busy rooms where there are a few elite hostiles as once you’ve got Algos’ moves down you won’t need the extra fire power with that. For now though I don’t blame you for using them there as some of the attack patterns can be hard to dodge.

Weapons wise I’ve been taking anything that as a trait to unlock but have been favouring Dreadbound with expanding + exploding and Thermo with full auto over other things. I have started to try out the coilspine and pyrocaster a bit more though but find them a real challenge as you have to be much more accurate.

Good luck out there 😀

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic