Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 2,581 to 2,600 of 2,790

Thrillho

@R1spam I think most of my deaths were in Biome 4 as I struggled to readjust and there are a few enemies there that can ruin a run quickly. Luckily your weapons start at a decent base level once you're there though so it's much more fun and easier to switch things round and find a weapon you like with favourable traits.

And the B4 boss (and the build up) is the best of the lot for me!

Thrillho

R1spam

@CJD87 I don't know if this makes sense but I like the game, truth be told I'm mildly obsessed by the game, the game however has no f#€ks to give how much I like it, it doesn't like me back. In fact, it actively hates me!! I still think there are design flaws but the gameplay feel keeps me coming back. It's so good!
@Render I'm not sure, I kept getting rooms with swarms of flying enemies with only the handgun and my b4 runs have been getting tanked!
@Thrillho that's good to know, I'll stick at it as the boss fights to this stage have been insane. The third phase of the ixion boss fight was absolutely brutal. Trying to time your jumps and dodges right for his dash attack needed such precise timing.

Edited on by R1spam

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Kidfried

@Thrillho @R1spam Biome 4 was by far the hardest for me. What made it even worse was reading all over the internet how people thought it was the easiest.

I actually beat biome 5 and 6 without dying after biome 4. Not to say they are easy at all, but at least not that much harder than biome 4.

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Kidfried It’s amazing how a good run can come together like that. I got through B3 and B6 on my first attempts!

Thrillho

Voltan

I'm pretty sure I needed most attempts for biome 6. On the other hand, I beat the first 3 biomes in one run - not the 1st run but once I got Phrike for the first time, I went all the way to kill Nemesis and the drones couldn't stop me. Luck has a part in this for sure.

Voltan

CJD87

@Kidfried That is the complete opposite of my experience! Genuinely 80% of my deaths resulted from Biome 5...! Well played

CJD87

velio84

I struggled the most in Biome 1 - I think I clocked about 15 hours just there until I got past Phryke.
Then struggled a bit in B2 and B3 but once I got past B3, guess I was already GUT as I had no issues from there on. Didn’t spent too much time in B4, B5 and B6, got through Act 3 and beat the game from start to finish 2 more times.
Once the game properly clicks and you have some OP weapons available that you’re comfortable with, the game becomes quite easy really.
Writing this just to confirm how different everyone’s experience was with the game as everyone found different parts harder.
As long as you push on the game is really rewarding and gives you a sense of achievement more so than most games.
Actually the only other game that I was more relieved and felt God like was when I beat Isshin in Sekiro.

psn: chilliesandbeer

JohnnyShoulder

Went through Biome 4 on my first go and beat the boss. That was an anomaly as every other biome I spent a load of hours in. I probably spent the most in Biomes 2 and 3 looking for those pesky glyphs

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

R1spam

I've just managed to get the 3 keys for biome 5 and am having to take a break for the night as my nerves have had it! I actually can't sleep if I play it too late as the adrenaline keeps me buzzing 🙈

Kidfried

@R1spam Great progress! It's very wise to take the occasional break. I would go on and on for way too long. The game definitely broke me to in ways I'd rather not talk about. 😅

Kidfried

Just2Milky

@R1spam @Kidfried taking a week long break was the only way I was able to get past the next biome!

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

Thrillho

@R1spam ha, it’s definitely a game that can get the adrenaline going, more for me when you get into a room with the enhanced big enemies. Palpitations galore at times!

Thrillho

Th3solution

Personally, I’d probably say B3 was my hardest. Most of that came from the fact that it took so much time to get through the build up to get there and have any chance against the drones and that deadly climb up the tower. Outside of that, my biggest stumbling block was B1. Those opening hours are tough and Phrike seems insurmountable at first. Then when I fought her later she’s a pushover.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

FullMetalWesker

@velio84 @Th3solution - Man, hearing you two talk about how hard Phrike was really hammers home how lucky I was to win on my first try*. Goes to show how different everyone’s experience is.
*after being saved by my free astronaut doll that is.

So far my hardest Biome is the third, but that makes sense, given it’s the one I’m currently up to (Though if the second Biome had me fight multiple Severed at once on a more regular basis it would prob rival it).

On a related note, out of curiosity, what’s everyone’s weapon of choice? (So far I’m currently leaning toward the assault rifle for its reliability, but I’m guessing that’ll change once I get further in).

FullMetalWesker

Voltan

@FullMetalWesker My favorite was always the Hollowseeker but I also had good experiences with the carbine and the Rotgland Lobber

Voltan

velio84

@FullMetalWesker
From what I’ve read here and in the subreddit the Electropylon Driver and the Rotgland Lobber with rarely people using both, it’s mostly camp Pylon or camp Lobber. I am the former - never got the hang of the lobber but I can easily get through the whole game with a proper driver.

My favourite weapon is the Dreadbound but it’s not as versatile as the most of the others. But if like to get close and personal with the enemies - it’s devastating.

I think you’ll get the driver in B4, if I’m not mistaken. The dreadbound is late in the game.

CJD87

@FullMetalWesker Just jumping in on this thread (again!) due to my overall love of Returnal...

For what its worth, my favorite weapon by a long-shot was the Hollowseeker... particularly towards end-game, where you can level up amazing traits like Portal Beam. The weapon itself just seems to melt through enemies, and the traits/amenities serve nicely as auto-damage... v helpful in the last few biomes!

A close second for me though would be the Electropylon Driver. This is especially true on the occasions where I was playing 'cautious' runs, in that I could set up the pylons and then seek cover whilst they did the hard work for me..!

There were many runs I would give up on if I hadnt found a decently levelled Hollowseeker or Driver early.

I think that most of us can agree that the worst weapon by far is the shotgun? I would honestly rather take my chances with the default pistol!

CJD87

JohnnyShoulder

@CJD87 Same here! I would only swap out them out with the Rotland Gobber in Biome 3. I found the Pylon essential in biomes 4 to 6, but no use against the final boss, which I always used the Hollowseeker seeker.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

velio84

The shotgun is worthless in most situations indeed but in tight spaces if you have decent perks unlocked it can be brutal. I’ve played with it in B2 when you leave the outside area and start the ascent and if you’re willing to play a bit more aggressive and get closer to the enemies it’s a lot of fun and dealing huge damage. But that’s just about the only place I’d use it 🙂

R1spam

I've just beat the last boss and finished act 2, wow! My heart is pounding out my chest. That last biome was brutal The last boss not so much once I figured out where I was meant to shooting. I've seen credits roll and then looked up what it takes to get the final ending. I've been compelled to play this game every spare second I can but I need a break lol . I just wanted to give everyone a huge shout out for your tips and advice @CJD87, @Kidfried, @Thrilho, @render, @Th3solution without a bit of help at the start I would have completely bounced off this game.

P.s. for what it's worth I though hollowseeker with the portal unlock and the assault rifle with leach rounds unlocked where my favourite weapons.

Edited on by R1spam

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic