Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 2,757

CJD87

@render For sure, ER is practically a gaming 'marriage'!

But I will definitely bounce off ER slightly to enjoy what Atropos has to offer.... I will definitely need to 'gid gud' again though, kind of dreading it but excited in equal measure! We should definitely do a co-op session together once we both get back up to scratch ha

CJD87

render

@CJD87 Hey yeah that would be great, once we are at least half way gud again πŸ˜…

I'm thinking I'll probably end up doing the same regarding putting ER down for a bit just to get some Returnal goodness back in my life. My wife was actually a bit gutted that the coop wasn't couch coop but it's a good excuse to get another PS5.

render

Voltan

Voltan

Elodin

Looking forward to endless mode. Id jump in on March 22nd, but ER has me hooked and I have CK3 pre-ordered starting March 29th. However I may dabble just a bit as this game is amazing as well.

Elodin

CJD87

@Elodin I actually booted Returnal up again last night for a 30-min quick run... and wow, I'd forgotten just how gorgeous it is.

I'm currently playing ER also (hooked on this, like the rest of the world ha) - and of course there are slight 'graphical concessions' due it not being next-gen exclusive etc, and this only serves to make Returnal look even more incredible in comparison.

I'm not slamming ER here, I genuinely love it, but Returnal really was/is something special. Bring on the DLC, can't wait

CJD87

Elodin

@CJD87 i couldn't agree with you more on both counts.

Elodin

Fill3rup_

@Elodin @CJD87

Agreed also.ER is something else for scope and freedom of choice.Returnal was/is something very special.I hope the dlc sparks a bit of interest in games media and the many people who missed it as they didnt have a PS5 at release pick it up..

Fill3rup_

render

Booted this up last night for a quick skill check and three things:

1) The action in this game is crazy fast, I'd just forgotten just how full on the action is and how quick Selene moves

2) I'm bad but not as bad as I thought I was going to be

3) The dreadbound is not a good weapon to pick up on your first go back when shooting at things in the distance πŸ˜‚

Can't wait for the DLC to drop today!

render

render

@velio84 Yeah that's exactly what it's like. It's also shown exactly how bad my controller has got with stick drift as I'd reduced the dead zone of the left stick when I last played but had to up it again as Selene was running in all directions by herself.

render

CJD87

@render I'm actually going to sit on this and not return until I've completed my first playthrough of ER!

I did a similar 'skill check' at the weekend, and I honestly I don't think I will manage double-dipping the Lands Between alongside Selene.... the differences are just far too jarring!

Both great games though. This might get me shot, but I still believe Returnal is one of the greatest video games of all time (even pre-patch) and it still beats ER for me. ER is awesome, but Returnal still feels like something completely fresh/new/exciting. Not to say ER isnt any of those things, but many of the mechanics and gameplay nuances will be familiar to Souls-fans already

Short story = great time to be a gamer!

CJD87

WizzNL

Patch is live ( 17GB ) . Time to dive back in!

Edited on by WizzNL

WizzNL

render

@CJD87 I'm in total agreement, it's one of if not my favourite game of all time. There's just something about it, like it's not too complicated and the gameplay is the thing that matters most, but also the environments and the action all work together in unison. I love ER too, don't get me wrong, but Returnal will always be something special to me. You are right about it being jarring but I think I'm going to have a blast every now and then on the tower just to see how I get on and hopefully the difference between this and ER won't be a hinderance.

@WizzNL Cheers for the notify!

render

render

Couldn't resist and had a quick go over lunch time on the Tower of Sisyphus. I got so far that I actually had to put it into rest mode (you can't suspend the run when doing the tower) but it is so much fun. I was getting stuff thrown at me to start with, loads of consumables, health, weapons etc. that I felt pretty tooled up quite quickly.

Had a level 3 lobber and then swapped that for a level 15 pylon, then level 17 hollow seeker, and then a level 18 carbine with high calibre. All the weapon traits were as I left them so I can carry on unlocking those level 3 ones.

I'm going to have to carry on that run later but it was getting pretty difficult so not sure how much longer I will last. Oh and there's also new ciphers but I've already got 8 / 20 so don't think they will be too hard to find this time.

render

Just2Milky

7 new trophies to collect as well!

β€œI’m a really good lawyer.”
β€”β€”β€”
β€œOne ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

render

My first run on the Tower of Sisyphus. Some mightily impressive scores out there. It becomes a real challenge to keep that multiplier up and it takes a while to build back up again. Really enjoyed the run though.

Untitled

render

Just2Milky

Something I’ve noticed - the game is trying to help you, you get way more free upgrades than in the base game.

A side not, this could have easily been paid dlc - it’s really good!

β€”β€”β€”
β€œOne ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

Scratchy_Seal

@render That's a great effort! I had a run last night and not sure I even managed 1,000,000. Was not focused on multiplier at all though, just working my way through the rooms, which were fantastic.

I found co-op quite frustrating though. Joined sessions in the hope to give others a hand but with no way to communicate and most pickups being shared it didn't feel particularly fun. First guy just blitzed it to Ixion picking absolutely nothing up along the way and to nobody's surprise, after reviving them many times I died also and that was that!

With a friend though I imagine it would be great.

Scratchy_Seal

render

@Scratchy_Seal I thought I hadn't done too badly until I saw the high scores. Watched a video of someone who got a high score over 120,000,000. He'd managed to rack up a 100x multiplier and was just ripping through hostiles with the dreadbound.

Co-op games are always like that with randoms. I've not played many but played some of the Uncharted 4 survival stuff and some GoT Legends and it's really difficult to get into the grove when you don't have comms to talk about some sort of plan. Returnal could be great fun with a friend though and you are also helping them unlock weapon traits etc.

render

Just2Milky

The disgorgers are really powerful, and the game isn’t stingy about handing them out.
On a different note, it feels great to have things to spoiler tag again!

β€”β€”β€”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic