Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 2,644

Just2Milky

@Gladio Before playing Returnal, I thought that there was no way I could play hard games, but 4 months later, I’ve beaten it! My point is, if you set your mind to it, you can beat it. Hope this helps! 😁

β€œI’m a really good lawyer.”
β€”β€”β€”
β€œOne ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

render

@Gladio Like @Just2Milky says you can definitely do this. I came from that starting point as well having really liked the sounds of the game but honestly believing that I’d never beat it. It’s possible if you put your mind to it.

render

MatthewJP

Getting closer.... 6 sun fragments and final house scene done

MatthewJP

Just2Milky

@MatthewJP Great work! You are so close! 🀏

Edited on by Just2Milky

β€”β€”β€”
β€œOne ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

MatthewJP

@Just2Milky biome 6 seems even harder now than the first time (and what will now be the third time). I can't recall the name, but the enemy that causes malfunctions.... Urghhh

MatthewJP

Th3solution

@MatthewJP All you need to do is get to the boss and beat it. I’m not ashamed to admit I ran past some of those tough enemies. Biome 6 actually is set up such that sometimes you can run past some of the β€œrooms”.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

Just2Milky

@MatthewJP the titan-thingy! I hate them.

β€”β€”β€”

CJD87

@MatthewJP - Heed the advice of @Th3solution ..... Just run run run ha!

I struggled very much in a similar vein to you here, but luckily managed to get a solid Hollowseeker (w/Portal Beam #2) near the start of B6. I then blitzed a few rooms but ran through most where I envisaged that my health would take a hammering.

Last boss in B6 is not too bad, and in fairness the Portal Beam does most of the graft!

Great work btw, will you go for plat?

CJD87

MatthewJP

Time to get my running boots on then I think!

@CJD87 I probably will end up going for the plat, but by doing the odd run each week rather than playing it religiously. I've invested so much time into the game I feel it would be a fitting tribute and achievement to get it.

MatthewJP

CJD87

@MatthewJP Best way mate, and in fairness I actually quite welcomed the platinum prospect... it gave me a good reason to keep playing a game that I wasn't quite ready to put down yet!

The RNG can be pretty savage, but you'll probably find you've already located a lot of the ciphers 'organically' through natural play - so the platinum is just a clean-up for whatever remains

Good luck!

CJD87

hypnotoad

It's just gone half past 9 and this game's still kicking the ***** outta me.

I don't care though.
Wadda great game !!!

hypnotoad

render

@hypnotoad Still holding out for some DLC as I wouldn't mind this game kicking the **** out of me again too

render

JohnnyShoulder

@render Could be a possible announcement at The Game Awards?

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MatthewJP

Yay! 79 hrs, 98 deaths I have finished act 3!
What a game. It was fitting that I finished the last boss (again) with a pistol.
4 biome surveys to finish for the platinum.

On a side note, some of the game is quite creepy especially the first person stuff. Housemarque for the next decent PT inspired horror game?!...

MatthewJP

Just2Milky

@MatthewJP great job! I think I finished ophion the first time with the pistol as well

β€”β€”β€”

Thrillho

Oh damn, I've given this a whirl again to play around with the photo mode before the competition and the game's doing a damn good job of sucking me back in! It just feels so good to play and the combat is just so tight.

Only had a couple of runs but had a decent one that saw me take down Ixiom on my first go at it in ages.

The photo mode is outstanding too. This might not go well

Thrillho

MatthewJP

@Thrillho I've never bothered with photo mode or the screenshot thread before but also tried to take some photos on returnal last night. Couldn't do it justice though and am about as quick at pressing 'start' to bring up the pause menu as I am at dodging attacks in the game

MatthewJP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic