Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 2,757

Fill3rup_

@velio84 I have 1 cipher left in B2, 3 left in B3 and 1 in B6, then beat the boss and see the ending for the plat..am away on holidays for a week so will have to wait.. Ive Hades on my switch to tide me over though, brilliant game

Fill3rup_

Fill3rup_

@render that's the way I'm going for it, clear 2 and 3 and then 4 to build up health and hopefully get my hands on the hollow seeker with lvl 3 portal beam..

Fill3rup_

Just2Milky

@Fill3rup_ I second @velio84’s advice, my last cipher was in b3 and I never realized they could spawn in the portal rooms. I don’t know how many times I missed it before going into the portal room for parasites

Hope those last cipher rooms spawn for you quickly!

Edited on by Just2Milky

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

Fill3rup_

@velio84 oh for sure, I had 5 to get last week, 2 of em in portal rooms.. We'll get there in the end.

Fill3rup_

Fill3rup_

Just on this, how far is everyone from 100%,looking at my current scenario I reckon I'll go for it after the plat,coz I don't really want to stop playing. The tough bit will be fully upgrading weapons I don't like

Fill3rup_

Elodin

@SmackMyBishop glad your enjoying it. It only gets better and better. Except biome 3 most likely will take a bit to get that good run to get through.

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

Just2Milky

I can see how the Lobber ranks so high, but it just isn’t for me. I can’t overload it, either I go to soon or too late. It feels like a hard weapon to master. I’ll stick to my carbines for now on!

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

render

@Just2Milky It took me a while to get used to it but when you do get that timing right it absolutely destroys things. The carbine is a good weapon too so you can’t go wrong with that.

render

FullMetalWesker

@Just2Milky - To be fair, the lobber isn’t something you really need to worry about getting the overload right for; all it does is increase the fire rate, but as long as you’re reasonably accurate, it’s not terribly necessary.
@velio84 - Yeah, some traits can really transform some weapons into deadly killing machines. I’ve just unlocked pylon web(?) for the pylon driver, and it pretty much makes a mockery of anything in the game. Even the shotgun can be drastically improved with traits like Slug shot that allow it to perform at farther ranges than just point blank.
———
So, apologies for the belated reply, but I’ve finished Act 3, and as of now, have finished the first Biome survey. Overall, the game’s been pretty fun, and I’m liking the weapons more and more as I unlock more traits, though if there’s one thing I’m not too impressed with, it’s the story. I won’t go into details, but essentially, I kinda felt like, after the first act, the whole thing got a bit anti-climactic, and I’m not entirely sure what the point was (besides justifying the gameplay).
Thankfully, the gameplay loop easily makes up for it, and I’m getting to the point where I’m able to achieve some pretty crazy stuff (well, relatively speaking anyway). Turns out the sword is also a pretty great weapon when used right, and I’ve been having fun using it as a finisher or stun weapon, such as when a Severed attempts to teleport near me, or when those bat things start swarming me. And as mentioned before, the weapons are really showing their true potential with some really nice traits, like the aforementioned slug shot for the shotgun and pylon web for the driver. It’s making the hunt for the remaining glyphs less tedious than it might be otherwise, which is something.

Oh, and on a related note, quick question; regarding the glyphs, do they spawn in random rooms, or are they fixed? Might help on my hunt to know the difference.

Edited on by FullMetalWesker

FullMetalWesker

Voltan

@FullMetalWesker the xenoglyph ciphers are in specific spots in specific rooms. Of course, most of these rooms are not guaranteed to be in your map.

Voltan

Voltan

@velio84 Pretty sure the only bugged ones were in Crimson Wastes

Voltan

Voltan

@velio84 I think one of them is just kinda rare. My last one was the same as the one on Mark Cerny's trophy screenshot and I definitely saw others posting the same one too.
I didn't really do any "tricks" though.

Voltan

CJD87

@velio84

This is interesting as I had a similar experience with B6.

Apparently a lot of players go through this pain, with the 'missing' (aka final) cipher being in a particular room in B6 but spawning quite rarely.

The location, if I recall correctly, is this...

So after you reach the 'shop' in B6, you drop down a huge jump into a massive room with a many fallen pillars and a ton of enemies. I remember the cipher is on one of the fallen pillars...

The problem I had is that for me I was still needing to level up and grind through B4 (and sometimes a bit of B5) to be powerful enough to survive up until the aforementioned part of B6!

If I didnt level up traits/health enough, I was constantly getting wiped out before I even got the opportunity to search this room.

The worst part of your predicament is this though - You have now come so far, and been through so much with this game, that there is no way you will ever give up until you get this LOL!
(I know at this point I was pretty burnt out, but no way was I going to quit)

Do you recall grabbing this cipher already?

CJD87

CJD87

@velio84 - Best of luck mate, just imagine how great it will feel when (not 'if'!) you grab that last cipher

I am currently working on the platinum for Ghost of Tsushima... and honestly think this game has the right idea when it comes to trophy-related collectibles. In GoT you only need to recover a certain proportion/majority of a specific collectible to pop the trophy...

I think Returnal should definitely have done something similar, eg. only 75% of ciphers needed etc. Especially considering the unforgiving RNG!

Good luck man, and let us know when you prevail... only a matter of time

CJD87

CJD87

@velio84 Haha yes mate! Welcome to Club Plat for Returnal.... LOL

On a seriousness note though, despite all my b*tching and moaning whilst chasing this trophy - I would buy any forthcoming DLC on Day #1 without question!

Well done man, finally you can play something different now!

CJD87

render

@velio84 It's great that it worked for you in the end but a weird workaround to try and force the cipher spawn. I'd love to see the code behind it to know why you needed to do that. There must be something being online / offline at specific moments does to the randomiser for the level but why that would need to be the case I don't know.

I'm still holding out for some kind of DLC or something but there's not been a great deal of info coming out of Housemarque for a while. Be amazing if they just drop some content later in the year

render

render

@velio84 It's a good assumption and sounds very plausible. At least there is a workaround but it does feel like they should address the rare rooms thing as I think a lot more people would have liked to go for the platinum but haven't got the persistence to do it. There's also the other issue with the databank and having to come across items or kill hostiles way too much to unlock the entries. I'd have been up for trying to complete that as a little something extra to keep me playing but there was just far too much effort involved.

render

Th3solution

@velio84 Congrats, buddy. I’ve been crossing my fingers for you as I know it’s been a slog getting that last cipher. Interesting turn of events with the online/offline spawn rate and that’s a good theory about why it might happen.

Kudos, nonetheless, because I didn’t have the intestinal fortitude to go for the platinum myself (I think I only completed 2/6 of the Biome surveys through just my normal playthrough to the end of Act 3) but reading about your journey has planted a seed in my head to maybe go back for an attempt. If I didn’t have such a big backlog I’d happily lose myself on Atropos again.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic