Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 2,786

Kidfried

Also, I loved playing Returnal with my headphones.

Kidfried

render

@nessisonett For me it is a memorable soundtrack. It's got a certain sound to it all of its own which really helps builds the atmosphere of the game. Yes a lot of the music is incidental but there's always that underlying theme to each biome and at certain times in the game the music lets itself be known. If you listen to the soundtrack then it's amazing how many of the tracks you will know even if you don't think about them at the time of playing the game. The Crash, Murals and Dream Already Seen are some great pieces.

Anyway I'm not judging this thing so I'll leave that up to someone who knows what they are talking about 😂

render

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried @render I agree completely, the sound design and music is fantastic. I would sometimes spend a few minutes just listening to the wierd alien sounds around me.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

Another vote here for sound design and music. I rarely notice the music in the games I play, unless the game highlights a musical sequence, but I did notice the audio design and the really strange and alien sounds like the popping, squishing, suction, clanking … just so many unique sound effects.

And an endorsement here for headphone gaming. For PS4 and PS5 I use headphones 90% of the time. It keeps things more immersive, even when there’s not 3D audio in play. My corded cans sound great but the Pulse 3D sounds maybe a smidge better and the wireless nature of them makes them infinitely more comfortable and hassle free.

My only regret is that using headphones obscures the neat little tricks that game designers put in the games to use the DualSense speaker.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

nessisonett

@Th3solution I use headphones too, it just sounds a lot better than my TV speakers.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

hypnotoad

@Kidfried I think you'll find using your fingers is a tad easier.

Badum Tish !

hypnotoad

Just2Milky

You’ve probably all seen it by now, but here’s is HM’s tweet from a few hours ago: https://mobile.twitter.com/Housemarque/status/146423859025121...

Edited on by Just2Milky

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

Voltan

@Just2Milky There’s also a quote-tweet from one of the devs saying they “filmed something really amazing today”. Makes me thing they might be doing a documentary about the game’s development.

Voltan

Just2Milky

@Voltan I was whishing for DLC, but a documentary might be a more realistic take on it 🤔

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

Voltan

@Just2Milky Obviously I’d love it to be a DLC announcement but I’d watch a documentary too. Loved the one Sony did for God Of War.

Voltan

render

I'll take either but I'd rather it was DLC. I think there's some comments about it potentially being something for the game awards show as well but who knows. They've certainly kept it vague enough.

render

JohnnyShoulder

@Just2Milky @Voltan @render Maybe it is a No Clip doc. I hope so as, those are brilliant.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

CJD87

Anything new regarding Returnal is always welcome… but how amazing would DLC be!!

CJD87

render

@JohnnyShoulder @CJD87 That would be quite interesting for sure. It’s always interesting to see how these things come together. DLC would be the best though 🤞

render

Mega-Gazz

Finally started last night. I can see why people say GOTY.

Mega-Gazz

render

@Mega-Gazz Welcome to Club Returnal. Glad you’re already enjoying the game. Let us know if you want/need any help 👍

render

Gladio

I was so, so bad at this game that I gave up on it and sold it back. And now, I kind of miss it, and it's costing even less than I sold it back, but I would still be too bad at it, I guess... never managed to beat the first boss...
Maybe I should try nonetheless?

Edited on by Gladio

Gladio

Gladio

@Mega-Gazz well, it's nice of you to think I could beat this game, but, well... you may be overestimating my skills.
I gave up on two games because they made me feel like such a faillure: Demon's Souls and Returnal.
Now I kind of miss them, but I'm scared to go back to them.

Gladio

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic