Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 2,757

render

@hypnotoad Still holding out for some DLC as I wouldn't mind this game kicking the **** out of me again too

render

JohnnyShoulder

@render Could be a possible announcement at The Game Awards?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MatthewJP

Yay! 79 hrs, 98 deaths I have finished act 3!
What a game. It was fitting that I finished the last boss (again) with a pistol.
4 biome surveys to finish for the platinum.

On a side note, some of the game is quite creepy especially the first person stuff. Housemarque for the next decent PT inspired horror game?!...

PSN: mpquikster

Just2Milky

@MatthewJP great job! I think I finished ophion the first time with the pistol as well

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

Thrillho

Oh damn, I've given this a whirl again to play around with the photo mode before the competition and the game's doing a damn good job of sucking me back in! It just feels so good to play and the combat is just so tight.

Only had a couple of runs but had a decent one that saw me take down Ixiom on my first go at it in ages.

The photo mode is outstanding too. This might not go well

Thrillho

MatthewJP

@Thrillho I've never bothered with photo mode or the screenshot thread before but also tried to take some photos on returnal last night. Couldn't do it justice though and am about as quick at pressing 'start' to bring up the pause menu as I am at dodging attacks in the game

PSN: mpquikster

Thrillho

@MatthewJP Ha, it’s not the most intuitive photo mode to open seeing as it was a bit of an afterthought.

I got a couple of glyphs in biome 3 in my couple of hours with the game but think it’ll be going on the back burner again. It will haunt me though being one of only two games I’ve played this year and not got the platinum for!

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

Not really surprising...

Think only Sekiro tops it for a game I almost gave up on, but for different reasons.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Sekiro’s still one of the only games I’ve ever given up on for just being too hard. Most ‘hard’ games are actually fun but that one didn’t do it for me.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Mega-Gazz

I haven’t given up on it, but honestly biome 3 is just not fun. They need to nerf the rocket drones badly. for now I’ve put it aside in favour of other games, but will come back to it.

Mega-Gazz

nessisonett

@Mega-Gazz The rocket drones definitely soured the experience for me. Most enemies at least feel alright but those drones spot you from a mile away and hit you at the speed of light.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Mega-Gazz Yeah the first time you get to biome 3 is tough. The Rotland Gobber is very useful, but you will need to spend a bit of time upgrading and unlocking some traits for it. Another tip is alway be on the move and use the grapple. Which sometimes can be tricky if you are on a platform with not much cover.

Th3solution

@Mega-Gazz Yeah, the Lobber is one way to get through 3. Or the Pylon Driver, but I don’t think you likely have access to that yet. With either of those you can just point on the general direction, fire a couple shots and then dash for your life while the enemies take damage while you run! 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

@Mega-Gazz A third vote for the lobber, it’s one of if not the best weapon in the game. Explosive rot and trailing rot are some great traits to have on it and can do wonders on those drones. If you are struggling with them then in some areas you can play defensively and back track into a room so you can just cheese them from the door.

render

Mega-Gazz

@render @nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder @Th3solution thanks -I did try the lobber, and did get to the boss twice. Mostly I need to dodge into the rockets instead of to the side or back but it is super unintuitive and one mistake basically ruins a run with how much damage they do. And learning a difficult boss with one attempt every few days, not even at full health on account of drones… it just wasn't fun. I’ll come back to the game eventually.

Mega-Gazz

Thrillho

I always found the Hollowseeker with serrated edges was great against the drones.

Thrillho

R1spam

I just played my first 45 mins and got annihilated by the remnant of a suit that turned into some crazy monster! My initial impression are very positive, strong alien vibes but oh my days it seems tough!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

render

@R1spam I’m currently playing Kena and that’s making Returnal seem easy. Returnal is not easy either, well not for most normal folk. You’ll get it though, just keep trying and eventually the odds won’t feel insurmountable. There’s plenty of tips if you got back through the thread but that’s only if you need any help.

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic